08/05/2017 - Little Rock, AR - War Memorial Stadium

Black Sabbath

I'm a Little Rock native and this was my third time seeing them, including in Minneapolis last weekend. Not to be a homer, but I have to say that this was above and beyond the best show of theirs that I've seen. Axl was on fire, into it, having fun, interacting with the crowd, smiling a lot, and overall had a much stronger voice compared to last weekend. Like the above sentiments, the band is getting tighter and more cohesive. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

It took me a minute to catch on because i think he said William Axl Rose Memorial Stadium and i only heard Axl Rose memorial stadium then i went ohhhh WAR got it!

wow if he did say William that is odd, I don't think he still considered himself William in any way

I've checked the San Antonio and Houston shows and there are tons of great seats. I don't know if people still don't trust Axl will show up or just not interested or maybe they drove up to Dallas and saw that concert.

A lot of fans drive all over Texas to see concerts. Oklahoma too.

I'm not into driving 4 to 6 hours to see anyone. I hate long car rides.

7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've checked the San Antonio and Houston shows and there are tons of great seats. I don't know if people still don't trust Axl will show up or just not interested or maybe they drove up to Dallas and saw that concert.

There's still a lot of seats left for both shows I'm seeing (Vancouver and Gorge). The biggest issue, I assume, is ticket prices and/or lack of setlist/performance upgrade. For example, I know the show last year in Seattle brought in people from around the state and some Canadian provinces. So, when people see it's gonna be the same price, for basically the same setlist, with a worse vocal performance, especially given it's a long weekend and there's tons of other shit to do, I'm not surprised at all those shows aren't selling too great. I assume it's similar in other markets.

2 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

One of my favorite moments last night Axl says something to the effect of Glad to be here playing Axl Rose Memorial Stadium....ohh thats not the name of it oh well its good to be here anyway. Then he walks a bit and realizes he just screwed up so he goes Im sorry i didnt mean that disrespectfully not my intentions at all so i hope no one was offended. This of course being due to the fact it is War Memorial Stadium

Anyone have video of this?

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah I got myself a pretty good seat and am hoping they continue selling more seats....It looks better than it did a few months ago so I am hopeful! TM keeps taking away and then putting back seats, totally playing games. <_<

2 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

It took me a minute to catch on because i think he said William Axl Rose Memorial Stadium and i only heard Axl Rose memorial stadium then i went ohhhh WAR got it!

2 hours ago, k12 said:

wow if he did say William that is odd, I don't think he still considered himself William in any way

Maybe he said W. Axl Rose.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

One of my favorite moments last night Axl says something to the effect of Glad to be here playing Axl Rose Memorial Stadium....ohh thats not the name of it oh well its good to be here anyway. Then he walks a bit and realizes he just screwed up so he goes Im sorry i didnt mean that disrespectfully not my intentions at all so i hope no one was offended. This of course being due to the fact it is War Memorial Stadium

Yeah I cringed when he said that, considering the people in attendance, not a smart thing to say lol. Doubt anyone was bothered by it though, he clearly didn't mean anything by it.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's still a lot of seats left for both shows I'm seeing (Vancouver and Gorge). The biggest issue, I assume, is ticket prices and/or lack of setlist/performance upgrade. For example, I know the show last year in Seattle brought in people from around the state and some Canadian provinces. So, when people see it's gonna be the same price, for basically the same setlist, with a worse vocal performance, especially given it's a long weekend and there's tons of other shit to do, I'm not surprised at all those shows aren't selling too great. I assume it's similar in other markets.

Has more to do with people hating the idea of preordering anything. They'd rather show up and buy a ticket the day of than buy a ticket months in advance. I can't think of a concert you couldn't go to Bc you showed up the day of and there was nobody selling tickets outside or you couldn't buy at the box office 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Why do you say that?

Because I am not really a fan on his current voice, I think it's too weak/thin/"mickey" sounding a lot of the time, and last year he sounded much grittier/raspier on the North American leg. He has his moments now, but overall I think it's a downgrade.

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Has more to do with people hating the idea of preordering anything. They'd rather show up and buy a ticket the day of than buy a ticket months in advance. I can't think of a concert you couldn't go to Bc you showed up the day of and there was nobody selling tickets outside or you couldn't buy at the box office 

Fair enough, although the Gorge isn't really a convenient venue to get to so I would think people would buy their tickets beforehand. Not really a 'well I'm in this part of town anyway' kind of thing. That could well be the case for the Vancouver show, though.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm getting too old for long road trips but the 5 hrs to StL and 6 to Minny were well worth it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Because I am not really a fan on his current voice, I think it's too weak/thin/"mickey" sounding a lot of the time, and last year he sounded much grittier/raspier on the North American leg. He has his moments now, but overall I think it's a downgrade.

Fair enough, although the Gorge isn't really a convenient venue to get to so I would think people would buy their tickets beforehand. Not really a 'well I'm in this part of town anyway' kind of thing. That could well be the case for the Vancouver show, though.

I don't think GNR is respected much in Washington. A Nirvana tribute band might have better luck though 

Just watched Brownstone on silent, lying in bed didn't wanna wake the wife! ;-D

Axl's still so bloody into it this deep in! I think this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen! Of course, I'm sure the millions of dollars sure spur them all along too! ;-D

Also, Axl's getting leaner and leaner, by the end of the summer he might even be close to his 06/07 physique! ;-D

• Like 2