11/29/17 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

gunsguy

Opening 4 sound mean. Jungle sounds fantastic. Really crazy to think how weak he sounded a few months ago.

Best catcher ever. Wow.

Can't listen to Sorry with this clean voice on the high parts. Was listening to Bucharest this morning. In 2010 he always sang it just like the record. This just sounds so weak. 

Literally in tears over Prostitute. He sang the verses so beautifully. Slash is amazing. He have 100% on the high parts. So awesome hearing that cascading piano so clearly in the background. I'll never completely love the album version but this is just amazing. So fucking happy. 

Slash and Duff will have been well aware of the negative reaction to Rio and how bad Axl sounded. I can't help wondering if they talked to him about his vocals generally and encouraged him to come through last night. 

He's giving everything on Twat but we'll never hear those verses performed as effortlessly as Hammerstein again. He fucking gives his best on the high parts. You can hear he actually comes in at the right time and is in place ready to hit the really high part but it's just not gonna be there. But he doesn't just sing completely all over Slash and Slash sounds amazing. 

After 3.5 hours he's as good as any of the last 2 years on the end of Don't Cry. 

Madagascar as standard but it's cool to hear in the dry vocal just how great he really does sound on that first verse. Shame it really loses it's impact when he abruptly switches to clean in the second. Duff and Melissa sound great backing. Still awesome though.

Wow. 48 pages. Didn't think we'd be here after Rio. 

• Like 1

After Madagascar:

"I wanna take a moment to just thank our crew...we wanna thank all the fans...everywhere. We thank you for coming out tonight and all around the world. WE wanna thank our fucking amazing crew an all of our business team and our sound man. And the band! For putting up with my shit! *Frank foot pedal* *rasps* Yeah boii!"

XD XD XD

Thank YOU, Axl :D

22 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Well, they played 13 CD songs in Tokyo. Still, this show kicks it's ass.

Sorry, didn't express myself properly. I was saying "Wow, if you're comparing the show to Tokyo '09 it must have been fucking good!"

Gotta say, I was reading the comments for the livestream as the show was going on and I saw a lot of people really happy and excited for each CD song (I am able to read Spanish to an extent). When TWAT was teased for a second the YouTube comments seemed damn agitated. Maybe this tour is giving Axl the closure he wants, with acceptance and love existing now for Chinese Democracy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Gotta say, I was reading the comments for the livestream as the show was going on and I saw a lot of people really happy and excited for each CD song (I am able to read Spanish to an extent). When TWAT was teased for a second the YouTube comments seemed damn agitated. Maybe this tour is giving Axl the closure he wants, with acceptance and love existing now for Chinese Democracy. 

How do you mean 'agitated?'

I hope so because the more comfortable he feels about putting new music out there the better for us.

Just now, Jordan Rose said:

How do you mean 'agitated?'

I hope so because the more comfortable he feels about putting new music out there the better for us.

Like they had tech issues so they played the first chord of TWAT, and everyone in the comments was upset they didn’t get the full song lol

11 minutes ago, The Better GNR said:

Am I the only one think that Gnr's facebook post looks quite nostalgic...like if it was the very last show if this lineup...

For me those european dates look like the ones in 2001: never happpened

Nah...

One last Paradise City LIVE from Los Angeles.
Thank you for an amazing World Tour! 
See you next time...

Europe!
We're coming back for more in 2018...