New Slash album might be coming out this year

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Honestly, if there is no new GNR album, I don’t care what Slash does. There a whole lot of Slash material out there, enough so that I can easily get my fix. 

But Axl is a whole different story. I’d take anything “new” from Axl. Just to hear him sing something new/different. 

Thats why I don’t really care what Myles does with Slash. 

If you aren't interested in this material, cool. But Slash releasing a SMKC record or not has NOTHING to do with a possible GNR album. A GNR record depends on Axl. Is he willing to write some lyrics and go into the studio with the guys? Would be cool but I doubt it. In fact we don't even know what they're doing. They could already be recording. But as long as there aren't any news on that, I doubt it. And I'm happy to know Slash is a workaholic so I can expect something new anytime soon. There are enough people who are happy about a new Slash album. Nobody would prefer it to a Guns album but as long there is any sign for that we're glad Slash rocks on.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

Slash is a beast in GNR, but I still think his playing was even slightly better with SMKC. I just think he was overall more comfortable in SMKC. 

Having 2 keyboard players, a poor drummer and another guitarist trying to play lead is not really his thing. Obviously the money is good though and Duff is a close friend. 

If there is no GNR album, I would be happy to hear a SMKC album.

I am really curious to know why Axl is so reluctant to make music though. I kinda understood when he was in Nu Guns. Pressure, Insecurity, lack of support from management and label. 

Now he has all the support he could ever need. If a new album isn't released in the next 18 months, I don't think we'll ever hear new music from Guns. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I am really curious to know why Axl is so reluctant to make music though.

I honestly don't think he is.

The threeunion started 2 years ago, 90s GNR would have put out a new album by now. But it's not the 90s anymore and since Chinese we know how he wants everything to be perfect.

Also I think Izzy was the only one that thought "3 or 4 years is too long to make an album it should be done in 6 months" and I don't think Duff & Slash are putting pressure on Axl.

The best artists always have 4 - 5 years between their albums and if it takes that long for them to make it (let's say they started in '16), okay.

But I do think they should at least present new songs once in a while if a new album will come out in 2020, like Axl did before Chinese came out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

The best artists always have 4 - 5 years between their albums and if it takes that long for them to make it (let's say they started in '16), okay.

The Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour is starting this summer... the band has spent the last few weeks in the studio recording new music and they are planning to release the first song in a couple of months. Billy Corgan has released a solo album last year and is releasing another solo album this year. The last SP record was released in 2014. It's not impossible to release new music.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour is starting this summer... the band has spent the last few weeks in the studio recording new music and they are planning to release the first song in a couple of months. Billy Corgan has released a solo album last year and is releasing another solo album this year. The last SP record was released in 2014. It's not impossible to release new music.

Yeah, but Billy Corgan's always been absolutely mental in terms of creative output. Considering how he got writer's block and depression after Gish released, then wrote nearly 100 songs for Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and hasn't really slowed down in terms of creative output since, he doesn't seem to lack inspiration.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

In a live setting it's badass. To buy the albums though? No thanks.

I own Apocolyptic Love  and it barely gets played.

idk man i saw them live and myles just bored me to death. i kept thinking that he should be singing at the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

• GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If you aren't interested in this material, cool. But Slash releasing a SMKC record or not has NOTHING to do with a possible GNR album. A GNR record depends on Axl. Is he willing to write some lyrics and go into the studio with the guys? Would be cool but I doubt it. In fact we don't even know what they're doing. They could already be recording. But as long as there aren't any news on that, I doubt it. And I'm happy to know Slash is a workaholic so I can expect something new anytime soon. There are enough people who are happy about a new Slash album. Nobody would prefer it to a Guns album but as long there is any sign for that we're glad Slash rocks on.

Absolutely agree! If/when SMKFC comes out, I’ll listen to it and most likely enjoy it. 

I’m the ultimate GNR new album pessimists and I honestly don’t believe we’ll get it. Which makes me want it more. Almost the forbidden fruit effect :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

Anyone of you wannabe insiders ever considered that slash and axl might be on the same terms regarding new music for gnr? Maybe slash himself thinks theres no reason to put out new music aswell. We dont fucking know cause we’re not participating in their discussions. 

Hopefully we will get that in an official statement. Im sure they only have to read gnr facebook or their own twitter replies to see that many fans want a new album. If slash and axl feel that they dont want tto release an album for whatever reason then a press release would be appropriate just to shut people up. If they just want to be a touring band then  so be it, but you can only ride that horse for a certain time. When Fernando says "we are only getting started" it makes you wonder if an album really is in the works at some stage. What happens after their europe shows will be interesting.

On 10.3.2018 at 5:39 PM, Carmenjello said:

Anyone of you wannabe insiders ever considered that slash and axl might be on the same terms regarding new music for gnr? Maybe slash himself thinks theres no reason to put out new music aswell. We dont fucking know cause we’re not participating in their discussions. 

Wannabe insiders lol :awesomeface:

You're right, we can't know for sure but why should Slash agree to tour with GNR but having issues to make a new GNR album?

Considering Slash's work ethic and Axl's work ethic the most realistic scenario is that Slash has already written enough riffs/songs for a new record and has no problem with creating and releasing something. Releasing something under the GNR name is probably 20 times more profitable than realising it with SMKC. Not to mention that he basically has a SMKC album ready to record.

Axl on the other hand... well, I think it's obvious. All you have to do is looking back and see how much music Axl released since taking control over GNR.

Compare that to Slash's and Duff's output and you'll know who's responsible that GNR is not releasing any music.

I hope I'm wrong and they're working on stuff and Axl lays some vocals down. Really, it's my biggest hope regarding GNR. But if that doesn't happen it's not somebody else's call but Axl's.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, Hollywood Gunner said:

idk man i saw them live and myles just bored me to death. i kept thinking that he should be singing at the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints

He reminds of someone from American Idol or something. He can hit that one note, sing other people's songs and that's about it. He doesn't really bring anything to the table as far as personality or creativity goes. Voice, songwriting, fairly generic and boring.

1 hour ago, crd26 said:

And he just isn't cool. Certainly compared to Slash.

Yeah, it's like one of those corny Hollywood movies where the popular, super cool, hunky football star falls for the dirt poor nerdy girl :lol:

I'm sure they have done the instruments for a new SMKC album but who knows if Myles has done any vocals at all. It could be years before that's completed then mixing and so ons done.

His only just started his solo tour in support for his new record and supposedly has to record and tour with Alter Bridge in 2019.

The other possibility is maybe this is a new project without Myles......

18 hours ago, vloors said:

I'm sure they have done the instruments for a new SMKC album but who knows if Myles has done any vocals at all. It could be years before that's completed then mixing and so ons done.

His only just started his solo tour in support for his new record and supposedly has to record and tour with Alter Bridge in 2019.

The other possibility is maybe this is a new project without Myles......

Cough... (Rod Jackson)... Cough

Edited by ToonGuns