New Slash album might be coming out this year

4 hours ago, default_ said:

Yeah, he is interested... Thats why we have CDII, III and X released. If Axl had any interest he'd have released at least five albuns in all those years.

You are damn right about that, I also believe he wasn't really interested during 2010-2015. Does that matter for the current situation? (no)

You'd gotta be a moustachewearing sockhead to think Slashs return and a 400$ million tour makes no difference in that regard. All that matters in this argument is what's been said 2016 and on, since the previous years aren't comparable to this situation. That's all.

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If you want new GnR music another boring album with Myles is about the same as no new music. 

I get that Slash enjoys that band and it's all nice and comfy, but really - it's just super boring.

I really hope he sees and feels  the difference, being on stage next to Axl vs Myles. 

Too bad they won't ever tell us anything. :D

Don't buy it if you don't like it but I'd like to choose for myself if I think something is a good compensation compared to a GNR album or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Don't buy it if you don't like it but I'd like to choose for myself if I think something is a good compensation compared to a GNR album or not. 

There will be 2 camps of GNR fans - those who will say it's shit and those who think it's good but then say this should've been GNR songs. So it's sort of a no win situation in a way. But it's better than no new nothing. Slash would really benefit if they would lift the fog a bit and reveal if a GNR album is planned or not to solve this. If nothing is planned or Axl is busy with another project then of course fans will be understanding that he doesn't just want to do nothing.

• Like 1

as much as i love slash and his killer riffs i cant sit through another mk chorus just to hear a solo from my favorite guitarist and thats sayin a lot. im hoping that if there is a new smkc album that someone will be kind enough to upload youtube videos with all the solos, just the solos,  cuz im not listening to that dude sing one more song. not in this lifetime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure that Slash can delivery some great tunes with SMKC but man..Right now I have zero interest in SMKC, Axl/DC, Melissa & Brian, Dizzy’s solo album or any other solo project..That don’t means that I dislike those works or I blame them for doing that, nothing like that..I’m just not there, right now I’m all GNR stuff..So, for now I pass it! 

:axl92::slash:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'd argue the opposite, Slashs profile and name is now bigger than ever. SMKC most likely is going to benefit largely by Slashs stint in GNR

My $.02:

Until NITL, the biggest reason to go see SMKC was to hear Slash play GNR & VR hits.

Now that Slash has toured exhaustively with GNR again, I think that takes away from SMKC's draw as a headliner. It makes them good festival filler IMHO. If you're already paying to be at a show, sure, you'll go check out Slash and Myles.

SMKC need their own radio hit – their own Slither or Fall to Pieces – now to be a headline draw IMO.

^^ You're A Lie was a big radio staple at the time and the title track to World on Fire was #1 on active rock radio format (Mainstream rock radio) when it was out and they have done a good amount of good gems in those two albums.

What I want to see if Slash/Myles/Conspirators want to tour again is put more of an emphasis on the VR/Snakepit/Slash's solo stuff and you can still bring out certain GNR tracks like SCOM and Nighttrain and Paradise City near the closing spots of the show and it would still be a great show for people to see.  In fact, as a guy that has seen them once, and they were good, I wanted them to put less of an emphasis on the GNR stuff and more on other stuff that reflects Slash's career as a musician and that window could be there now that he's back in GNR.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, NineInchGun said:

My $.02:

Until NITL, the biggest reason to go see SMKC was to hear Slash play GNR & VR hits.

Now that Slash has toured exhaustively with GNR again, I think that takes away from SMKC's draw as a headliner. It makes them good festival filler IMHO. If you're already paying to be at a show, sure, you'll go check out Slash and Myles.

SMKC need their own radio hit – their own Slither or Fall to Pieces – now to be a headline draw IMO.

That might just happen, WOF really, really took off and even overtook Anastasia in streaming numbers and is almost at Fall to Pieces level in popularity numbers for streaming (13 mil vs 15 mil)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I knew Axl's latest tweets were an indication that nothing is going on with him.

He sounds like he's just sitting at home all day watching CNN bitch about Trump...just like my Grandmother does. :lol:

Edited by Ace Spade
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NineInchGun said:

My $.02:

I disagree, or at least it wouldn't apply to me. I would want to see ''Anastasia'' or ''Wicket Stone'' to be honest. I wouldn't mind it if Slash ditched the ancient GN'R songs which are all ''played-out'' for me.

• Like 1

I think guns isn't pulling the trigger on a new album till they full reunion with Adler and Izzy happens, say 2019 or 2020 to milk the whole tour around the world in stadiums thing one more time..also I bet slash is not keen on releasing anything under the g'nr banner while fortus and frank and Melissa are in the group so he wants to wait for a real 5 member original album.

• Like 1

Myles has a good work ethic and he is talented and seems like a nice guy, but that falsetto is just... no.

His deeper voice sounds okay, though.

But still, after the threeunion who honestly wants a SMKC record over a Gn'R album?

Edited by jekylhyde

11 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Myles has a good work ethic and he is talented and seems like a nice guy, but that falsetto is just... no.

His deeper voice sounds okay, though.

But still, after the threeunion who honestly wants a SMKC record over a Gn'R album?

Nobody. But who prefers no music instead of a SMKC record?

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Honestly, if there is no new GNR album, I don’t care what Slash does. There a whole lot of Slash material out there, enough so that I can easily get my fix. 

But Axl is a whole different story. I’d take anything “new” from Axl. Just to hear him sing something new/different. 

Thats why I don’t really care what Myles does with Slash. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I may be wrong but ,besides those really dislike Myles voice or don’t care about Slash’s solo caree, when people says that they are not interested in this supposed SMKC album, that means they are on the hope for an album with GNR. I mean, they(including me) don’t consider (inconsistently or not) the possibility that there is “no music” by GNR. At all.

IDK..Despite all the history and lack of evidence about it, we can not guarantee that there will be no new music. Yeah I know we can’t guarantee that will be either but still..