Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I was giving this the benefit of the doubt until now but it is really appalling the price, and everything is widely circulated except,

Shadow Of Your Love

The Plague (1986 Sound City Session)

New Work Tune (1986 Sound City Session)

I honestly thought they'd have something of interest from either the actually Appetite sessions, raw takes, or live (a remastered show). 

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was giving this the benefit of the doubt until now but it is really appalling the price, and everything is widely circulated except,

I honestly thought they'd have something of interest from the actually Appetite sessions, raw takes, or live. 

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing. Shouldn't expect anything more from Guns though, lol.

31 minutes ago, thunderram said:

I just had a thought and tell me if it's just crazy or a valid idea.

Since many won't want to spend the $999.00 on the Locked N' Loaded Edition and the $179 and $35 Editions only contain parts of the entire release, do you think some might be willing to spend decent money on parts of the collection they can't get in the any of the other editions?

Better put: if someone bought 2 of the $999.00 editions, do you think they could 'part out' items from one of them, such as the Cabinet w/ Wooden Cross, Lithos, Rings, Lapel Pins, Guitar Picks, Logo Buttons, Early Years Gig Flyers, etc, etc. to not only cover the cost of it but also to pay for part of the other thus reducing the cost?

I'm thinking some out there might be willing to pay $50 here or $100 there for part of the collection that they'd really like to have but couldn't otherwise get unless they ponied up the entire $999.00.

The 7-inch yellow vinyl singles might fetch a decent amount on their own.

Thoughts?

It's  a nice idea but hard to trust people online. Only one person can buy it online, there's no way you can be sure the others will give you the money and that you will send the stuff to other people once you get the box.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I honestly thought they'd have something of interest from either the actually Appetite sessions, raw takes, or live (a remastered show). 

a few pages back someone said the plague is 54 seconds long

This is actually a really badly put together package compared to what Metallica and U2 put out. They haven't even put out all the demos - no Mystic/Pasha/some of the Sound City ones missing! If You are going to put that stuff on there, at least put all of it on there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Does anyone use Amazon Music?  I can't find it there yet. 

Amazon charging a few dollars more than iTunes. Usually other way around. 

https://amzn.to/2HOtAra

EDIT: And I jinxed it. :lol: Apple just changed the iTunes price from $25 to $30. So if Amazon sticks at $28.50, they actually have the cheaper price. 

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Thanks 1

GNR always half-asses it.   Remember when Live Era came out and the discs were mislabeled and the second disc skipped?  CD finally being released and the alternate covers never showing up?

The atrocious Las Vagas release?

I think the box and the knick knacks are really cool and it looks like some thought went into them.  Not $1000 cool, not even remotely fucking close.

But they continue to fuck over fans with the music.  Lack of music rather.  For that money, we should have every scrap of recording they ever did up until the album was released, along with at least ONE full show. 

GNR fans are like battered wives though....they'll pay the $1000 and beg for more scraps.

4 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Thank you.

For all of you wondering the song is not available on iTunes but IS in Apple Music (the subscription streaming service).

Appreciate it

You can buy it on iTunes for $1.29

https://imgur.com/a/FhYH9W5

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/shadow-of-your-love/1377826053?i=1377827566

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 1

This release should've been a GNR 86-96 comprehensive boxset, featuring all the unreleased shit the band did. If Axl really can't be arsed to do new music (which he clearly can't), then clear out the vault and give the fans something worthwhile to listen to for a change.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's  a nice idea but hard to trust people online. Only one person can buy it online, there's no way you can be sure the others will give you the money and that you will send the stuff to other people once you get the box.

I'm not following you here. I'm talking about selling parts of the collection using a service such as Ebay. If you've got good sellers reputation, I don't think anyone will worry about buying. Also, if you're using Paypal or something equivalent then you don't have to worry about payment.

I'd put each of the different collections of items, e.g., 7-inch singles, lithos, Face Rings, Cabinet w/ 3D Cross, etc. with a reserve and allow buyers to bid on the items in order to maximize the price.

52 minutes ago, username said:

The 180 has all the tracks from the 999

Of course it does. But I'm talking about all the items that don't come in either the Super Deluxe or 2LP 180-Gram Audiophile Vinyl Editions.

For example, all of the following are only available in the Locked N' Loaded Edition:

• Simulated-Leather & Wood Cabinet with Embossed GN’R Logos
  • Handmade 3D Cross
  • LIVE LIKE A SUICIDE EP (1-LP) with Extra Track “Shadow Of Your Love”
  • B-SIDES N’ EPS (1-LP)
  • 1986 SOUND CITY SESSION N’ MORE (3-LPs)

6 Replica 7-inch Singles + New 7-inch for “Shadow Of Your Love” on Yellow Vinyl

• “It’s So Easy” b/w “Mr. Brownstone”
  • “Welcome To The Jungle” b/w “Whole Lotta Rosie (Live)”
  • “Sweet Child O’ Mine” b/w “Out Ta Get Me”
  • “Paradise City” b/w “Used To Love Her”
  • “Patience” b/w “Rocket Queen”
  • “Nightrain” b/w “Reckless Life”
  • “Shadow Of Your Love” b/w “Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)”

32GB Metal Cross USB Stick with High-Resolution Audio Formats from All 4 CDs

• 192kHz 24-bit AIFF Files
  • 96kHz 24-bit AIFF Files
  • 44.1kHz 16-bit AIFF Files