Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

From a common sense perspective....do any of you really believe out of the dozens, if not hundreds, of songs Axl could record in 2017/2018 he would pick some obscure song from the mid 80's that never made it to an album and was only ever played live a handful of times?

Like if you're Universal....do you call Axl and say "Hey, about that song from 1985, Shadow of Your Love ...how about you head on down the studio and re-record it for us so we can put it in the $1000 box set we're going to release"    :lol:

r

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

To be fair we have no idea what Axl sounds like in the studio currently. But his current (Axl/DC) vocals with some studio touch could be pretty good. However this isn’t current Axl. 

True. Ive always liked the aong but "my" version was always a live take from a bootleg CD I have. I have no idea where the vocals or guitars came from. I'm betting the 80s. Slashs leads are great

CD 4 seems like the only one that's gonna be interesting.  I've always loved the two November Rain demos so it will be cool to see if they can clean them up.  Plus the potential of hearing a new song, but I gotta believe if The Plague had actual vocals we'd have heard it already like everything else.

10 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

The pre-order isn’t even up on the US iTunes Store. Not gonna lie - bummed out that I’ll never own the 4 CD version, most likely.

It's there. I just bought it.  It says the details aren't available in the US store, but it''ll still let you click the preorder tab and it instantly downloads Shadow.

I'll get the Super Deluxe. I have never heard Aint Goin Down Intrumental, The Plague, New Work Tune, or Move to the City Acoustic. Also, I've always wanted to hear high quality versions of both Jumpin Jack Flash cuts, both November Rain cuts, Heartbreak Hotel, and even some of those AFD song demos.

Also having that picture book will be nice.

Overall, this re-release coulda been better, but it's not bad. Better than nothing. Hopefully the rumor is true that this will end the band's label contract and that afterwards they'll release a new album independently. Doubt it, though.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Have all the people that are freaking out about shadow never heard the song before? I mean I get it's slightly updated but like...it's the same old song that we've heard guns do as well as Hollywood rose.

quite honestly, I sort of prefer the original HR demo over all other versions.

I like the SOYL version and I also think its funny how It's so easy's music video is finally being released. Look on the bright side, the vault is finally being opened. It's a step in the right direction! Prices might be insane and I will be holding out until they appear on youtube or something but it's still a great day. Hope they do release brand new current stuff eventually. Curious to see how the plague sounds for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Have all the people that are freaking out about shadow never heard the song before? I mean I get it's slightly updated but like...it's the same old song that we've heard guns do as well as Hollywood rose.

quite honestly, I sort of prefer the original HR demo over all other versions.

Yeah, people ragging on the backing vocals during the chorus might want to go back and listen to the originals cuts.  They're there.

• Like 1