Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

With the current state of rock radio (from my point of view, since I work in radio) - rock radio is dead. It’s a bunch of 90s bands hanging on for dear life, and new bands releasing cover songs because they can’t handle writing their own songs.

This will go #1 at rock radio easily. GNR saves the format? How sweet that would be.

I think your right.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Order of Nine said:

I think your right.

The top 10 at rock radio in 2018 still features bands like Papa Roach, Breaking Benjamin, Jonathan Davis of KoRn, etc.

Rock Radio program directors will NOT hesitate to add a “new” GNR song to their playlists. 

4 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

The only thing I’ve taken from all of this is that I’ve been singing the shadow of your love lyrics wrong for 26 years

I think the video is wrong in parts though... lol.

Second listen...maybe not. Definitely slightly different to what we're used to though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

5 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Likely not and this also would free them up I believe to release another album on their own in the future.

Didn't they owe one more release? 

Could be.  Would make sense that they would want to release new material on their own label at this point. 

• Like 1

Good morning! Waay to expensive man that locked and loaded thing, only for the wealthy.. Thought Guns was a band for the suckers and the misfits lol, the 2nd option of 178 would be awesome with vinyl instead of cd's.. Ah Shadow sounds cool atleast!

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Guns N' Roses' Facebook page has made no mention of this. They haven't even shared SOYL yet. That's pretty poor social media marketing.

They might not be all that into it as a band.  This very well could be Universal Music Group basically saying "You owe us an album, this is what we can do" and they went along with it.  On the other hand, if the band really is into it, then we should hear Shadow of Your Love in the set-lists this summer.  

I just had a thought and tell me if it's just crazy or a valid idea.

Since many won't want to spend the $999.00 on the Locked N' Loaded Edition and the $179 and $35 Editions only contain parts of the entire release, do you think some might be willing to spend decent money on parts of the collection they can't get in the any of the other editions?

Better put: if someone bought 2 of the $999.00 editions, do you think they could 'part out' items from one of them, such as the Cabinet w/ Wooden Cross, Lithos, Rings, Lapel Pins, Guitar Picks, Logo Buttons, Early Years Gig Flyers, etc, etc. to not only cover the cost of it but also to pay for part of the other thus reducing the cost?

I'm thinking some out there might be willing to pay $50 here or $100 there for part of the collection that they'd really like to have but couldn't otherwise get unless they ponied up the entire $999.00.

The 7-inch yellow vinyl singles might fetch a decent amount on their own.

Thoughts?

Edited by thunderram

1 minute ago, ramsey said:

This topic might have been covered. Andrei Gillot posted an instagram story of a screenshot of Shadow Of Your Love w/the new AFD cover. I am searching itunes and can't find it yet. Does anyone know if the music has been digitally released yet?

Yes, go to artist> albums> Appetite deluxe> Shadow is the only track to stream

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Is there a track list yet?

It's on the website. Just click preorder and pick an edition. 

6 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Since many won't want to spend the $999.99 on the Locked N' Loaded Edition and the $179 and $35 Editions only contain parts of the entire release, do you think some might be willing to spend decent money on parts of the collection they can't get in the any of the other editions?

Better put: if someone bought 2 of the $999.99 editions, do you think they could 'part out' items from one of them, such as the Cabinet w/ Wooden Cross, Lithos, Rings, Lapel Pins, Guitar Picks, Logo Buttons, Early Years Gig Flyers, etc, etc. to not only cover the cost of it but also to pay for part of the other thus reducing the cost?

I'm thinking some out there might be willing to pay $50 here or $100 there for part of the collection that they'd really like to have but couldn't otherwise get unless they ponied up the entire $999.

Thoughts?

The 180 has all the tracks from the 999

2 minutes ago, ramsey said:

This topic might have been covered. Andrei Gillot posted an instagram story of a screenshot of Shadow Of Your Love w/the new AFD cover. I am searching itunes and can't find it yet. Does anyone know if the music has been digitally released yet?

Yea... it popped up for me all the way on the bottom on iTunes on newly released material from artists I’ve bough from in the past.

I did think it was weird that it want in the preorder section yet. Maybe that’s changed?!

7 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Since many won't want to spend the $999.00 on the Locked N' Loaded Edition and the $179 and $35 Editions only contain parts of the entire release, do you think some might be willing to spend decent money on parts of the collection they can't get in the any of the other editions?

Better put: if someone bought 2 of the $999.00 editions, do you think they could 'part out' items from one of them, such as the Cabinet w/ Wooden Cross, Lithos, Rings, Lapel Pins, Guitar Picks, Logo Buttons, Early Years Gig Flyers, etc, etc. to not only cover the cost of it but also to pay for part of the other thus reducing the cost?

I'm thinking some out there might be willing to pay $50 here or $100 there for part of the collection that they'd really like to have but couldn't otherwise get unless they ponied up the entire $999.00.

Thoughts?

them 12 song lithos have got to be worth at least $150 each

Edited by donny
add a word

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

This is me also. It’s twice the price I expected it to be. I’ll buy the super deluxe version and in keeping with the spirit of Appetite and GNR, I’ll steal the $1400 version.

you can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me

• Haha 1

So ...

- No Mystic Studio '85 session : 5 tracks we'll NEVER hear in pristine quality

- No Pasha Studio '86 session : 13 tracks we'll NEVER hear in pristine quality

- 5 million replica memorabilia items which have ZERO purpose

They had ONE chance, and they blew it ...

... this is GNR people ! :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1