Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Ah cool, missed that. I do wonder how GNR is currently involved with a label... Do they actually have an 'active' record deal? I read some people are thinking that this release will get them out of their deal with UMG?

Yeah, that's the rumor.  Supposedly they owed Geffen/Universal 1 more record after CD.  How accurate that is, I have no idea....but that rumor has been floating around for years. 

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNR.... Universal... Whomever.... Have completely fucked this up. What a giant surprise. 

I went to bed ready to spend $650 on the Locked & Loaded edition with zero question. 

Even if there were lower tiers with the vinyl, I still would've paid the $650. 

Now I wake up to find out that not only have they completely priced me out of the Locked & Loaded version, but there's not even an option to pay for all the vinyl separately? 

Good God. 

Here's how poorly this band is run: I went to bed 4.5 hours ago prepared to wake up and swipe my credit card to give them $650. Now, because of greed, I'm giving them $0.

Well done. 

I was actually considering doing the $650 as well....but after realizing that this is basically Universal's way of cashing in on the reunion, I'm out as well.  I'll probably get the music when it streams on Amazon, which I subscribe to...so won't cost me anything more than what I already pay now. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNR.... Universal... Whomever.... Have completely fucked this up. What a giant surprise. 

I went to bed ready to spend $650 on the Locked & Loaded edition with zero question. 

Even if there were lower tiers with the vinyl, I still would've paid the $650. 

Now I wake up to find out that not only have they completely priced me out of the Locked & Loaded version, but there's not even an option to pay for all the vinyl separately? 

Good God. 

Here's how poorly this band is run: I went to bed 4.5 hours ago prepared to wake up and swipe my credit card to give them $650. Now, because of greed, I'm giving them $0.

Well done. 

Also... I removed all the Kaneda bullshit over the past couple of pages. 

He's sitting in the corner for a week now. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Kasanova King said:

I was actually considering doing the $650 as well....but after realizing that this is basically Universal's way of cashing in on the reunion, I'm out as well.  I'll probably get the music when it streams on Amazon, which I subscribe to...so won't cost me anything more than what I already pay now. 

I was good with the Universal aspect of it, so long as I could get the LPs. I simply cannot believe there's no way to get them other wise. 

I personally have no use for anything else offered. They literally went from me giving them at least $650 to $0 lol

• Like 2

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Pretty sure he was drunk.  He's usually not that hostile...lol.

He behaved the same way the last couple of times he was here. So maybe he's drunk, alot? Lol

In any case, feel free to go back to discussing the topic at hand everyone! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

He behaved the same way the last couple of times he was here. So maybe he's drunk, alot? Lol

In any case, feel free to go back to discussing the topic at hand everyone! :)

He's been that way ever since I joined this forum in 2004. I rarely entirely agree with him, but I don't think he was being that bad this time tbh. Oh well. :shrugs:

$1000?!?!?! Yeah I'm going to have to think about that one awhile.

Shadow of your love sounds good... I still think it's been rerecorded. The production and timbre of the entire thing is way too different and modern to be an old 80s recording that's been cleaned up.

I'm loving all of it!

Never really cared for the rings, patches and metal picks so couldn't be less interested about the Locked N' Loaded option. Really glad the Super Deluxe has the book, flyers and, of course, music. Congrats to whoever put this box together :headbang:

1 minute ago, baldek said:

I'm loving all of it!

Never really cared for the rings, patches and metal picks so couldn't be less interested about the Locked N' Loaded option. Really glad the Super Deluxe has the book, flyers and, of course, music. Congrats to whoever put this box together :headbang:

agreed. appetite era was in desperate need to receive more love, and this is it. the 180 dollar boxset is everything I could have asked. of course there's haters, there's always haters, but I don't care. It's my most anticipated box set of my favorite band. I'm going to enjoy every second of it. even the album remaster has my interest, if the quality is the same of the stunning SOYL reworking.

I was prepared to spend 650, will end up spending 180 and have most of the contents of the 1000 box anyway. all you gotta do, is pretend the 1000$ set does not exist, and you're good.

• Like 2

I'm probably the only person here who couldn't afford the $1000 box even if I wanted it! 

The only way if part with $1000 for any kind of "merch" is if I got an autographed copy of AFD and got to meet the band members. And even then... I'd struggle. 

3 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I'm probably the only person here who couldn't afford the $1000 box even if I wanted it! 

The only way if part with $1000 for any kind of "merch" is if I got an autographed copy of AFD and got to meet the band members. And even then... I'd struggle. 

You are hardly alone. When it gets up to that level ($1300 CDN) people really question thier priorities. I could make some great family memories with my kids with that. Although I love this band, family comes first...every time.

3 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Pretty sure you're not!

It's a crazy amount even for die hards. I agree with Russ that it's a shame it's the only option to get the vinyls, I think most collectors would prefer those to CDs.

21 minutes ago, action said:

agreed. appetite era was in desperate need to receive more love, and this is it. the 180 dollar boxset is everything I could have asked. of course there's haters, there's always haters, but I don't care. It's my most anticipated box set of my favorite band. I'm going to enjoy every second of it. even the album remaster has my interest, if the quality is the same of the stunning SOYL reworking.

I was prepared to spend 650, will end up spending 180 and have most of the contents of the 1000 box anyway. all you gotta do, is pretend the 1000$ set does not exist, and you're good.

Without a doubt! Can't wait to put my hands on it.

As far as the LN'L goes, when I was a teen, missing on such memorabilia would be total sacrilege. Nowadays not so much, so I can live well with its existence.

My first post on this forum, For me i'm super excited for the chance to purchase new stuff, cant get near affording the £850 set, will try and spare enough cash for the next tier down, if i cant do that will buy the 2cd set. Nice to have something actually being put out by the band. I live in the UK so see them when they tour over here, but good to get official stuff rather than having to listen to stuff off you tube. even following the thread i knew i was never going to be able to the cool locked and loaded set, although it would be brilliant to have. I think they have been good in giving us a fun marketing campaign to follow, releasing loads of stuff at various price points to cater for all levels of fandom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrDeano said:

My first post on this forum, For me i'm super excited for the chance to purchase new stuff, cant get near affording the £850 set, will try and spare enough cash for the next tier down, if i cant do that will buy the 2cd set. Nice to have something actually being put out by the band. I live in the UK so see them when they tour over here, but good to get official stuff rather than having to listen to stuff off you tube. even following the thread i knew i was never going to be able to the cool locked and loaded set, although it would be brilliant to have. I think they have been good in giving us a fun marketing campaign to follow, releasing loads of stuff at various price points to cater for all levels of fandom.

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, HuskerTornado said:

More than likely will get the super deluxe, but I still need to watch the videos. 

And for simulated leather no less.  ;)

Gotta love that genuine, simulated leather! For $1,000 they should offer a private listening party with Steven where he replays all the AFD songs to a backing track.