Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

27 minutes ago, baje said:

ivkgab.jpg

Just saw this comment on the GNR Instagram. Absolutely appalling. So I guess if you can't afford an overpriced box you aren't a real fan or a real adult for that matter. 

imagine being this gullible.

I can have 90% of what's in the box for 180 dollars, in a nice looking book sized box. Joke's on him.

If all you want is the music (like me), you can get all the songs on iTunes for $30, which seems pretty damn cheap to me. I mean, I’d much rather have brand new songs from 2016 on, but I can’t wait to get all these versions! 4 cds worth seems very reasonable...

If you gotta have the vinyl or swag, well you’re fucked, to say the least!!! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

If you gotta have the vinyl or swag, well you’re fucked, to say the least!!! :lol:

Nah. I'll get the all the vinyl when I buy the Locked & Loaded set a year from now for less than half price. 

• Like 4

Don't get me wrong: Gn'R are my all-time fav band, and Appetite is my all-time fav album, and I'm excited that it will be remastered but hell, no way I'll spend $ 1K on a box set that will probably be stored in a closet in 6 months, and barely will be seen. I know a true fan will proly spend it, and I respect it, but with that 1K I could easy catch one of their shows in Europe and spend some days knowing a new country there (oh, and buy the digital tracks of course).

Personally, for me it works with digitals files since music I hear is from my phone or my Hi-Res Sonos speakers at home (Deezer on my car, or USB stick some times). I think having all the tracks in Hi-Res will be enough. All memorabilia is surely cool, but tbh I will use it once or twice, and then to the closet.

And, all is reduced to Axl's will. I guess he's not in shape nowadays to record a new album so expect more overpriced remastered albums in the future. HELL, I WOULD LOVE A 4K RELEASE OF THE 2016 HOUSTON CONCERT, that will be way better since it will be a new release with the reunion live show.

• Like 2

Good lord, $999.

They should've done these signed, that would've helped warrant some of the extra cost, maybe.

I like how the price scaling goes though, $20, $40, $150, $1000, waitaminute

I know Pixies did a big box set similar to this and it was $500, but that was for their entire discography and also signed by the entire band.  Granted, Pixies aren't as big as GNR, but, really, I think the $500 price point is a lot more reasonable for most and kinda the breaking point when it comes to collectibles and whatnot.

But as far as price speculation / true value goes there are just too many of 'em and there's not really enough real value there, imo, to warrant the cost.  I'm no GNR merch expert by any means but a lot more elusive stuff sells for a lot less, certain posters, etc.  People shell out bigtime for the shows, sure, but that's more of a spectacle / "once in a lifetime" deal for people, whereas merch, I feel, has a far more niche crowd around it, and especially at the high-end of the scale they're aiming for.  

Edited by jbhutto
  • Like 1

"limited edition" of 10,000 copes? are they fucking kidding? considering it is not autographed by the band(and it would still be ridiculously overpriced if it was) and 10,000 is not that much of a limited edition, $999.99 is beyond a fucking joke, I would pay like $300-$400 for that, but who the fuck is buying those things? this band is so dumb, I can't imagine they are going to sell more than like a thousand of those things, I am a die hard fan and I have some money to kill, but $1,000 is insane, if it had been a real limited edition of like 1,000 copies I can see, but 10,000? I am going to bet they are going to have to reduce the prices on those to sell them or they are just going to sit on them

and the $179.99 thing is not all that impressive, I am really interested in the Vinyls that are on the $999.99 thing but I am not paying anything close to that, sell that $179.99 for like $120 and the $999.99 for like $350 and you have a buyer in me though I am guessing I am going to eventually get the $179.99 thing

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

"limited edition" of 10,000 copes? are they fucking kidding? considering it is not autographed by the band(and it would still be ridiculously overpriced if it was) and 10,000 is not that much of a limited edition, $999.99 is beyond a fucking joke, I would pay like $300-$400 for that, but who the fuck is buying those things? this band is so dumb, I can't imagine they are going to sell more than like a thousand of those things, I am a die hard fan and I have some money to kill, but $1,000 is insane, if it had been a real limited edition of like 1,000 copies I can see, but 10,000? I am going to bet they are going to have to reduce the prices on those to sell them or they are just going to sit on them

and the $179.99 thing is not all that impressive, I am really interested in the Vinyls that are on the $999.99 thing but I am not paying anything close to that, sell that $179.99 for like $120 and the $999.99 for like $350 and you have a buyer in me though I am guessing I am going to eventually get the $179.99 thing

Thank god you don’t HAVE to buy it!

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Well they did mention in the video..

lots of ppl are having a lot of issues with believing WHAT IS ADVERTISED, from the 5.1 mix to the actual ppl performing in the single, after you list the song credits for them...its weird...never seen anything like it before. 

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Well they did mention in the video..

There's a difference between an authentic 5.1 mix as opposed to a stereo track being manipulated into 5.1....just saying.

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

If The Plague was any good, they’d have included it in the 2CD edition. Well, you’d think so anyway with its 2nd disc being described as “highlights from the box”.

It’s 54 seconds 

• Haha 1