Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

10 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I AM! <_<

I stated in several posts THAT is the most attractive piece of the whole package. If it's been done well, easily worth at least 60-70 bucks. Maybe even more if it has written content by Axl on the period, with new info and anecdotes we haven't heard from other sources. Imagine... 

I was under the impression that this was a photo book. Is it not? Or we don't know?

Just now, Cruel Intentions said:

I was under the impression that this was a photo book. Is it not? Or we don't know?

Well, we don't know! I don't expect anything substantial with regards to written content, but there has to be an introductory note or several small notes about the pictures. Or at least I hope so and I won't get disappointed by a stale collection of posey pictures. 

1 hour ago, Cruel Intentions said:

To be honest, most of the demos and LPs are stuff I'd listen to once and then only again from time to time if I'm bored and browsing through my music. I just wouldn't ever see myself sitting there and jamming out to 30+ year old unfinished pieces that the band never cared enough to finish because they knew it wasn't album-worthy. Don't get me wrong - I would never spend $1,000 on any music box set, but I especially wouldn't for a bunch of demos that have been fixed up and remixed to sound better. Shit, the only way I'd spend over $100 was if it included new music. And by "new," I don't mean previously unreleased stuff that was recorded 30 years ago. 

This! Out of likes.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Something has truly died in this band. It is now Kiss. I actually miss Rose when he was an artsy fartsy weirdo in braids and not this Gene Simmons replica.

Unfortunately, I must agree... What they're doing now is so distasteful... They've become the exact opposite of what they used to stand for when they actually attracted millions of people to follow them.

19 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I stated in several posts THAT is the most attractive piece of the whole package. If it's been done well, easily worth at least 60-70 bucks. Maybe even more if it has written content by Axl on the period, with new info and anecdotes we haven't heard from other sources. Imagine... 

There's no chance on earth Axl has done anything like that, I'm afraid.

i cant believe how many comments are in this thread about "nothing new"  "we've had them songs for the past 30 years" "only 2 songs iv'e not heard" well how did we hear them ? bootlegs ? illegal means ? against the bands wishes ? lets be honest we have spoilt it for ourselves. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Well, we don't know! I don't expect anything substantial with regards to written content, but there has to be an introductory note or several small notes about the pictures. Or at least I hope so and I won't get disappointed by a stale collection of posey pictures. 

They said the book was 96-pages. I highly doubt they could fill a 96-page book with all pictures and no Axl notes or stories

3 minutes ago, troccoli said:

For everyone that's curious, this version of Shadow of Your Love is from a November 1986 one song session they did with Mike Clink as a trial to see if they wanted to hire him.

OBVIOUSLY you're not much of a GNR fan cause this was CLEARLY recorded earlier this year.  It's definitely Fortus on guitar and Frank on drums and I hear Melissa doing background vocals and if you can't hear Axl's current voice and Slash's current guitar playing, well then I just feel sorry for you cause you clearly don't like GNR at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, wafflehead said:

They said the book was 96-pages. I highly doubt they could fill a 96-page book with all pictures and no Axl notes or stories

I'm afraid, in the best case, it will be filled with Fernando's notes and stories :lol: There'll be lyrics, pictures and an abundance of stupid facts or whatever other bullshit. If Mr Axl was ready to make an effort and share some interesting stories, he'd write a book and sell it on its own.

2 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

OBVIOUSLY you're not much of a GNR fan cause this was CLEARLY recorded earlier this year.  It's definitely Fortus on guitar and Frank on drums and I hear Melissa doing background vocals and if you can't hear Axl's current voice and Slash's current guitar playing, well then I just feel sorry for you cause you clearly don't like GNR at all.

You are joking, right? If Axl's current voice was like that, we would be in a wholly different world :lol:

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

I'm afraid, in the best case, it will be filled with Fernando's notes and stories :lol: There'll be lyrics, pictures and an abundance of stupid facts or whatever other bullshit. If Mr Axl was ready to make an effort and share some interesting stories, he'd write a book and sell it on its own.

You are joking, right? If Axl's current voice was like that, we would be in a wholly different world :lol:

I guess you haven't heard him with Angus and most of the NITL tour. 

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

I have and he sounded completely different. This is 86 Axl, no doubt.

He can sound different from song to song. That's how he's been especially since the Chinese era. Odds are it's 86 vocals but who knows for 100%? I sent Fortus a message on Facebook he's pretty good with responding hopefully he will get back to me.

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

I have and he sounded completely different. This is 86 Axl, no doubt.

I think this might actually be a new recording. Either that, or it's a really early take. Compared to the version from Jumpin' Ax Flash, I feel like there's quite the difference in tone to his voice. It sounds cleaner, and the rasp is more forced somehow. I think the chorus is where this can be heard most easily.

Edited by Waemoth

1 minute ago, Waemoth said:

I think this might actually be a new recording. Either that, or it's a really early take. Compared to the version from Jumpin' Ax Flash, I feel like there's quite the difference in tone to his voice.

But there's an effortlessness and easiness with which he sings that has been missing in his voice and way of singing for years now plus to me it sounds like 86 Axl as he used to sing so high then, it's just beeen touched up here and there during the mixing, remastering or whatever technolgical processing I hardly know anything about. But other than that, to me, it's exactly his early 80-s voice in very fast songs like this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

But there's an effortlessness and easiness with which he sings that has been missing in his voice and way of singing for years now plus to me it sounds like 86 Axl as he used to sing so high then, it's just beeen touched up here and there during the mixing, remastering or whatever technolgical processing I hardly know anything about. But other than that, to me, it's exactly his early 80-s voice in very fast songs like this.

It could very well be the editing, in which case I think they've messed up a bit. Compared to the demo of this from the Lies recording sessions, I think you can tell the difference for sure, but that could obviously be me. I don't know what the stance on bootlegs with the supposed same take of SOYL is, but the one on The Hell Revisited which supposedly is the same thing just doesn't quite match. Could be a Live Era kind of deal as well.

Edited by Waemoth

I just re-read the press release; perhaps I missed it, but it appears no one will be forced to purchase the boxed sets.   In addition, I didn't read anything about people being forced to listen to any of the material.  

I'm glad I don't have to get all fired up and bitch about the price or the material.   Now I can go see Avengers dressed as Wonder Woman without worry.  

Edited by JuicySwoos83
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Should we expect the November Rain '86 Piano Demo to be of a better quality than what leaked on YouTube a while ago? I freaking love that version and I'm pretty hyped for a better version of it, but I don't think CD 4 tracks are remastered. Well, I'd be happy to own it anyway. A bit bummed I can't buy all the CDs without going with at least the 170$ version. That's pretty rough when you convert to reais. Well, well, I'm sure someone will be selling them separately. LOL Anyway, pretty happy with these releases. SOYL remastered is really, really good, I'd say better than at least Anything Goes, Out Ta Get Me and You're Crazy (fast version). Of course, I'd rather a new album, but, as GN'R fan, I've come to appreciate the small things and that's not even that small of a thing. LOL