Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I’m most excited about getting remastered versions of the November Rain and Jumpin’ Jack Flash demos. Not fussed about Shadow of Your Love, curious what The Plague and New Work Tune sound like (thought the former is less than a minute long).

There’s about twenty tracks I want to hear (mostly the Sound City sessions and live recordings, not arsed about remastered Appetite or Lies), so if could buy them individually off iTunes it’d be about twenty quid, but I have a feeling a lot of tracks will be Album Only so I’ll likely end up paying £30.

Shame we’ll almost certainly never get a good quality recording of the acoustic version of One in a Million, always preferred that to the electric Lies cut.

Thinking about it now, bit disappointed they couldn’t get We’re An American Band remastered, but that’s probably because the original recording wasn’t in great shape:

I’d be excited to hear more demos of November Rain along with YCBM and Estranged if they ever did a UYI boxset.

Edited by Amir

No doubt the pirated cd's will be for sale at most car boot sales this summer. If you've a printer you'll no doubt be able to print the flyers & pictures yourself. No doubt the rings & patches will be for sale on ebay. I also wouldnt be surprised to see the box on ebay either, all for a fraction of the cost. 

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was good with the Universal aspect of it, so long as I could get the LPs. I simply cannot believe there's no way to get them other wise. 

I personally have no use for anything else offered. They literally went from me giving them at least $650 to $0 lol

if they sold all the vinyl both 12" & 7" as a stand alone set with nothing else what value would you put on it ?

I spent part of yesterday trying to justify $650...and almost convinced myself that I would buy it.

This morning I’m thrilled to say that they just saved me $999 fucking dollars! 

Thanks GnFnR :headbang:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, donny said:

if they sold all the vinyl both 12" & 7" as a stand alone set with nothing else what value would you put on it ?

I was ready to give them $650 to get all the 12" LPs in the Locked & Loaded set.

Seeing as Locked & Loaded is incredibly over priced, I was hoping for at least the option to buy all the 12" LPs separate. I would've happily paid $35-$50 each to get them separate from the set.

• Like 1

"unreleased songs" what a joke. There's only 2 songs that I haven't heard.

You could easily say they are ALL unreleased if you want to get technical about it

I'm waiting for the Super Duper Deluxe boxset and I want One In A Million on it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I spent part of yesterday trying to justify $650...and almost convinced myself that I would buy it.

This morning I’m thrilled to say that they just saved me $999 fucking dollars! 

Thanks GnFnR :headbang:

At least my wife is going to be super happy when she wakes up LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

At least my wife is going to be super happy when she wakes up LOL

Mine really wanted one of those rings :lol:

I really question my sanity on GNR mornings like this :facepalm:

• Like 1

Let me preface this post with the statement that I love Gn’R more than any band. Still do despite all their squandered opportunities. 

I am excited for this music. The bootlegs I have always been shit quality. Glad to have it in the high sound quality that they deserve 

I am debating on the physical super deluxe package for $180 or just the music, which is $28.50 at Amazon.  Appetite For Destruction [Explicit] (Super Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQSXPCV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Nud7Ab135Z83N

No way I’d pay a $1k for that box.   It’s marginally cool but I (and I think most) would want to get these songs on their phone ASAP.  I haven’t owned a CD player or a computer with cd Rom for at least 6 years  

takikg my savings from Lock N Loaded and will go to Vegas for NIN’s trio of shows there 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was ready to give them $650 to get all the 12" LPs in the Locked & Loaded set.

Seeing as Locked & Loaded is incredibly over priced, I was hoping for at least the option to buy all the 12" LPs separate. I would've happily paid $35-$50 each to get them separate from the set.

buy the box, keep the LPs and sell the rest. some might argue but i think just the lithos alone could sell for over $1000

3 minutes ago, donny said:

buy the box, keep the LPs and sell the rest. some might argue but i think just the lithos alone could sell for over $1000

I get what you're saying and I did consider that for a few minutes but overall, I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to me to go through the trouble of trying to sell all the things I don't want or need from the boxed set just to justify owning the LPs.

5 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I was all set to spend the 179 last night but thought I'd sleep on it. This morning I'm over it and don't think I'm buying ANY of it. 

I also went from ready to spend money last night to spending nothing today.

Well, I don't think that the price of the box is the problem. In fact I think the price is pretty ok if you take into account what a lot of us pay seperately on a regular basis for such merch and memorabilia summed up in the box  

The real problem is that you are forced to buy the box (including expensive nonsense you are not interested in) if you want to get the vinyl records. This sucks big time. 

I'm fairly certain that those people who want to own bits and pieces but not the whole box will get their opportunity if they hang out for 3-6 months, that shit is gonna end up all over eBay and wherever else and you'll get your chance! Sit tight I reckon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johannes Climacus said:

What about The plague and New York tune ? Any story on these songs ? Are they real songs or some upgrated jams ?
I'm surprised that I don't see some excitment here about these... 

It's called New WORK Tune, which makes it sound even more lame.

GNR is my all-time favorite band.  However, I laughed at the $1,000 price tag this morning. Even $180 for songs that I have or heard previously as demos is a bit much. They seem to forget that their main fanbase is in their 30s & 40s. Right when people have families or starting families along with having a mortgage, car payments, saving for college/retirement, etc.  I'm on the fence for $180 and possibly a no. For concert tickets, it's one thing since those are expensive for other bands and music artists, unfortunately. For this, there was no need unless they had included several more discs that are concerts.