Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

WBAB on Long Island played SOYL a few minutes ago. 

Eliot Scheiner doing the mix it is interesting to me as a Steely Dan fan, he had a lot to do with how those albums like Royal Scam, Aja, and Gaucho sounded, but I don't see him trying to reinvent the wheel - Steely Dan never put a 5.1 of Aja out because a couple of songs are still missing.  

It's definitely a long overdue release, and it may never have happened if Slash and Duff were still feuding with Axl.  

The track liisting is cool but I don't think I'll be plunking down the money for the super deluxe, esp if they're not releasing live shows. Odds are good you'll hear the Super Deluxe minus the 5.1 mix on Spotify. 

As far as money goes, it's not a limited deluxe so if you hang in there, deep discounts usually happen for the CD version, the vinyl prob. not. 

My biggest question is, will these songs be available to download? I didn't see any mention of MP3 in the super deluxe edition. I don't even have a computer with a CD drive anymore, so I'd have no way to burn the tracks. So the CD's are pretty much worthless to me.

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

My biggest question is, will these songs be available to download? I didn't see any mention of MP3 in the super deluxe edition. I don't even have a computer with a CD drive anymore, so I'd have no way to burn the tracks. So the CD's are pretty much worthless to me.

It's on iTunes today 

46 minutes ago, Litti said:

This is all Duff's fault, he's the one who went to business schools and convinced Axl and Slash to turn in to a money hungry cows.

I don't know who's idea it is, but not very well timed and coordinated. 

AFD's 30th anniversary was last year and they just played a normal set in New York when previous advertising made people think they were going to play a special AFD set.

It's a big project, and must have taken a lot of work and coordination, but seems a year late!

42 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I am debating on the physical super deluxe package for $180 or just the music, which is $28.50 at Amazon.  Appetite For Destruction [Explicit] (Super Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQSXPCV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Nud7Ab135Z83N

And £26.69 in the UK: Appetite For Destruction [Explicit] (Super Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CQ9NYR9/

Not sure if I’ll go Amazon MP3 or iTunes; iTunes may be more convenient as I have an iPhone and a Mac, but in future I may go with non-Apple devices so the convenience would be moot. Hopefully I can get my hands on discounted iTunes credit.

2 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

I don't know who's idea it is, but not very well timed and coordinated. 

AFD's 30th anniversary was last year and they just played a normal set in New York when previous advertising made people think they were going to play a special AFD set.

It's a big project, and must have taken a lot of work and coordination, but seems a year late!

I think the band is just listening to other people around them on what to do. Axl, Duff and Slash have families and lives to live and don't really care about like in the early days.

16 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Yes you can buy super deluxe album on MP3 for $28.49 on amazon.

Alternatively individual tracks will also be on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CQSXPCV/ref=dm_aw_dp_sp_bb_sfa

so this old/new song then, SOYL, i cant ask on the thread dedicated to the song as they are to busy arguing about which century it was recorded in. does anyone know any details such as is it just a promo for the box set or a proper single ? download only or will it be released as a physical copy, you know like in the old days where you popped down the record shop to buy the CD, 7" or 12" single ? i know there is a 7" in the box set but thats all i know. 

I think personally if the money making juggernaut is anything to go by, those pro shot UYI shows will be packaged at some point for a big price... hell we might even get that UYI doc we've all heard the rumours about... 

Edited by Tadsy

7 minutes ago, donny said:

so this old/new song then, SOYL, i cant ask on the thread dedicated to the song as they are to busy arguing about which century it was recorded in. does anyone know any details such as is it just a promo for the box set or a proper single ? download only or will it be released as a physical copy, you know like in the old days where you popped down the record shop to buy the CD, 7" or 12" single ? i know there is a 7" in the box set but thats all i know. 

I think it's available on iTunes, Spotify and all that stuff, so in some sense it could be considered a legit single. However it seems to be promoted more as a promo single (those which are made available for radio stations, media, clubs, etc).