Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Presumably the compact discs gather together the contents of the LPs.

It is strange this,

- ''4 cds, 73 tracks, 49 unreleased''. 

- ''3 LP Sound City Demos N' More. 25 unreleased songs from the 1986 sessions''.

That would leave 24 unreleased songs that are not from the 1986 sessions? 

PS

The 24/73 released:

Appetite: 12

LLAS: 4

Live From the Jungle: 6

Total: 22.

Cannot think what the other two are?

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It is strange this,

- ''3 LP Sound City Demos N' More. 25 unreleased songs from the 1986 sessions''.

Could've just thrown CD 2 and CD 2.5 in there 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is strange this,

Because Patience is also included then it is probable that Lies sessions are there also

Hey guys, I don’t usually post, but wanted to give some real fans a head’s up.  The Super Deluxe Edition is up on Amazon for $179.00 (as preciously posted).  I strongly recommend pulling the trigger NOW bc they will honor the price.   Amazon did this same thing with a Stones vinyl box that came out (it was listed at the exact same price -$179.00 via preorder).  You can always cancel if they try to weasel out of it.  Better than paying $650 (hope it’s not that much anyway).  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Todo Poderoso Timão said:

What exactly do they mean "49 unreleased tracks"?

Any studio unreleased / unheard song?

Or only live "unreleased" versions? And how do you now that?

Unreleased means not officially released songs, but unfortunately it doesn't mean unheard before or that is not has circulated in some way or another.

4 minutes ago, donny said:

limited to 10,000 copies. can they sell that many ? nice box i must admit but most people like myself will only want a music only 4 cd package. 

10,000 seems like a lot if it's $650. The target audience is people like us for that price. It looks amazing but for$650 thats an easy pass. I could even do without all of those vinyl singles and gnr lithos/rings. But can they sell 10,000? Sure. You'll have people jumping on them hoping to double their money on ebay. 

3 minutes ago, surforia said:

Hey guys, I don’t usually post, but wanted to give some real fans a head’s up.  The Super Deluxe Edition is up on Amazon for $179.00 (as preciously posted).  I strongly recommend pulling the trigger NOW bc they will honor the price.   Amazon did this same thing with a Stones vinyl box that came out (it was listed at the exact same price -$179.00 via preorder).  You can always cancel if they try to weasel out of it.  Better than paying $650 (hope it’s not that much anyway).  

I am taking your advice. Amazon doesn't charge until its ready to ship so I've got nothing to lose!

3 minutes ago, surforia said:

It may be a different box set? Stripped down for $180

Just now, NOVEMBER COMA said:

It may be a different box set? Stripped down for $180

If it is, just cancel the order.  

While the Amazon preorder listing says “Deluxe Boxset, Super Deluxe Boxset,” my receipt only said “Super Deluxe Boxset,” which is exactly what it’s called in the promo video.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, donny said:

in the video at 1.56 on the certificate 

Damn, good catch. You'll be able to get this for less than 650 then. 10,000 isn't really a limited edition.

it may go up in value years down the road, but in the next couple years here, it will sit on shelves and be discounted.