Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

They should offer a music only version- I don't care about the photos, pins, flags; not that hardcore a collector.  That sample of Shadow at the beginning of the thread sounds like it is only Stevens drums and Izzys guitar line- the rest is buried (until Axls vocals).  My guess is that they were involved in the remixing of some of this old stuff, and this is their way of teasing it.  

Certainly seems like an emptying of the vault so to speak- this could be the last hurrah after all....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeadSlash said:

The swag is cool and all, but I'm really mostly interested in the 40+ songs.  I hope they are higher quality than we have ever heard before.

If there isn't a version that's just the 4 CD's by themselves, they'll definitely be available digitally in some form.

The crate is neat, but I'd want just the music without the blu ray and all the extra stuff lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, troccoli said:

I knew you guys would be happy, this has been the hardest secret I have ever had to keep!

Do you happen to know the actual price of the crate version from the video? Or how limited it'll be? 

I need to move some funds around, but I want it! 

Look closely at the Scotch LP, Sound City is in there, this was the recordings: 

Out Ta Get Me (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 2) [unreleased]
Nightrain [unreleased]
My Michelle [unreleased]
You're Fuckin' Crazy [unreleased]
Paradise City [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 1) [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 2) [unreleased]
November Rain (acoustic) [unreleased]
November Rain (piano) [unreleased]
Shadow Of Your Love [unreleased]
Reckless Life [unreleased]
Think About You [unreleased]
Welcome To The Jungle [unreleased]
Don't Cry [unreleased]
Nice Boys (take 3) [unreleased]
Back Off Bitch [unreleased]
Anything Goes [unreleased]
Mama Kin [unreleased]
Heartbreak Hotel (take 2) [unreleased]
Ain't Goin' Down (no lyrics) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (take 2) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (acoustic) [unreleased]
Move To The City (acoustic) [unreleased]
Untitled Song In Progress [unreleased]
You're Crazy (acoustic) [unreleased]
The Plague [unreleased]
Cornshucker Stomp [unreleased]

• Like 2

Just now, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Look closely at the Scotch LP, Sound City is in there, this was the recordings: 

Out Ta Get Me (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 1) [unreleased]
Rocket Queen (take 2) [unreleased]
Nightrain [unreleased]
My Michelle [unreleased]
You're Fuckin' Crazy [unreleased]
Paradise City [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 1) [unreleased]
Move To The City (take 2) [unreleased]
November Rain (acoustic) [unreleased]
November Rain (piano) [unreleased]
Shadow Of Your Love [unreleased]
Reckless Life [unreleased]
Think About You [unreleased]
Welcome To The Jungle [unreleased]
Don't Cry [unreleased]
Nice Boys (take 3) [unreleased]
Back Off Bitch [unreleased]
Anything Goes [unreleased]
Mama Kin [unreleased]
Heartbreak Hotel (take 2) [unreleased]
Ain't Goin' Down (no lyrics) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (take 2) [unreleased]
Jumpin' Jack Flash (acoustic) [unreleased]
Move To The City (acoustic) [unreleased]
Untitled Song In Progress [unreleased]
You're Crazy (acoustic) [unreleased]
The Plague [unreleased]
Cornshucker Stomp [unreleased]

This is all stuff we head though, I don't know "The Plague" but the rest is all stuff we have, right?  Hopefully better quality.

Awesome. 

I dont really care for the box, flyers, photos and all the other stuff, Ill be happy if theres a version with only the vinyls and discs in a simpler package. 

@troccoli do you know anything about different versions?

Edited by default_

1 minute ago, DeadSlash said:

This is all stuff we head though, I don't know "The Plague" but the rest is all stuff we have, right?  Hopefully better quality.

Yes agree, feels very much Backtracks ACDC which has a lot of 'other' versions of songs. All in all there may only be a small handful of stuff we don't know. 

That is everything we ever could have hoped for. They obviously put some thought and planning into this and personally I think it's awesome for them to obviously sit down and look back on what they did and what they have to put out - even if, shockingly, we're going to have to spend money on it. 

• Like 1

My conclusions,

Heavy on packaging but only decent on content. The b-sides/EP (Live in Jungle presumably?) disc and moreover the demos disc are excellent - those are essentially the main reason one would buy it. Mike Clink's ''Shadow'' (as I said) as lead off single - don't know what the other Clink track is? ''The Plague'' on the tracklisting is that? This is exciting indeed. 

I am a bit surprised at Live Like A Suicide being included. No live stuff either (saving it for something in the future?), although you'll get the live b-sides from the Marquee I suppose.

The rest of the stuff is just clutter but it is certainly an attractive package if you are into that type of thing. The lithographs look ugly and useless but the replica vinyls with the sleeves are very retro - I also really like the replica flyers and banner thing. 

Overall it could have been even better (some alternative takes, remixes and studio stuff as well as a load of live stuff chucked in there like the Metallica boxsets), but it could have been worse (admittedly I had low expectations given it is Guns N' Roses).

They have done a better job than I expected. 

PS

I did cringe at the video when it was describing the box, ''faux leather'' etc. I thought to myself, ''this is very much Gene Simmons territory''!

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, charliehoodger said:

So I'm gonna he honest...i know they make these for the SUPER FAN but do they really expect that said fan to have $650 to shell out (assuming that tumor is true) over This? Does anyone know of anything similar and the price?

Gene Simmons is managing to sell a lot of his thousand dollar vault, this is easy money for Axl to make.

it's really cool and I'm sure I'll buy it but I'd rather have had more vinyl in that box instead of bandanas, pins and buttons and other bullshit.

also depends how limited it is. If it's 650 but there's a couple thousand made, you'll be able to get it cheaper down the line. If it's under a thousand made, it probably won't last too long.

Holy fuckkkkkkkk!!! Oh my god this is unbelievable, out of this world, amazing!!! How am i going to pay for this?? I just booked a flight to Germany (from Costa Rica) to attend both U2 concerts on august and september and spent a lot of money lol

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

That is everything we ever could have hoped for. They obviously put some thought and planning into this and personally I think it's awesome for them to obviously sit down and look back on what they did and what they have to put out - even if, shockingly, we're going to have to spend money on it. 

Don't care I am still going to buy it because when I am too old to care this album will still be the greatest rock album of all time 

Just now, Mr_Sparkle said:

Nothing new here. Same stupid old shit. I dont need to hear take 42 of move to the city.

So what did you expect? That they had, like, 3 Appetite's recorded and now we get to hear the other 2? 

These re-issues/box sets are pretty consistently the original album re-issued with whatever b-sides or demos from the era to add to it.