Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Because $179 USD is a lot of money for "4 discs". I'll wait for the tracklist and details and all that before I start bitching about the price, but that's about $230 for me after the exchange rate, so the bitching is kinda understandable...

You have all the details? You know it's 4 discs? If so, please share the details with the rest of us! Lol

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You have all the details? You know it's 4 discs? If so, please share the details with the rest of us! Lol

It said 4 discs on the Amazon.com link that had the price listed at $179. The link is a couple pages back. right above this post.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

• Audio CD (June 29, 2018)
  • Super Deluxe Edition edition
  • Number of Discs: 4
  • Label: Universal Music Group
  • ASIN: B07CPDVQYW

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It said 4 discs on the Amazon.com link that had the price listed at $179. The link is a couple pages back. right above this post.

But again though, those Amazon links are usually place holders and the information is almost never accurate. 

I just wish everyone would hold off until there are details, ya know. 

If it turns out there are only 4 CDs and the price is $179, I'll be right there with the rest of you. I'm going to wait until that's remotely a fact first though. 

Just now, bigpoop said:

See post I just made. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

But again though, those Amazon links are usually place holders and the information is almost never accurate. 

I just wish everyone would hold off until there are details, ya know. 

If it turns out there are only 4 CDs and the price is $179, I'll be right there with the rest of you. I'm going to wait until that's remotely a fact first though. 

I did actually say I'd reserve judgement until the details came out, but with the limited info available, the concern over the price is understandable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I did actually say I'd reserve judgement until the details came out, but with the limited info available, the concern over the price is understandable.

Right on. I'm not trying to be a dick, so I hope it's not coming off that way. 

I just see a lot of people (not you, but people in general) loosing their minds when they're not exactly sure what they're losing their minds over just yet lol

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just see a lot of people (not you, but people in general) loosing their minds when they're not exactly sure what they're losing their minds over just yet lol

In all fairness, this band has conditioned us to react that way :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No worries. This forum overreacting whenever it looks like something is about to happen is par for the course :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I lost my mind long ago lol.

2017 was very disappointing for me as a fan of this band. 

And I'll be honest, if come Friday there is something for me to be excited about, I'll eat my words.

As it stands I am not supporting this. I skipped on the tour last year when they played back to back nights near me due to ticket prices, and a singer who sounds like dog shit when I know he has it in him to sound amazing.

As a fan is it hard to ask for New music? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Discs means cds/dvds. Nobody is paying$200 for 4 cds/dvds. I'd guess the super deluxe edition has the multiple vinyls Lafon mentioned as well.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Discs means cds/dvds. Nobody is paying$200 for 4 cds/dvds. I'd guess the super deluxe edition has the multiple vinyls Lafon mentioned as well.

I wouldn't say that as an absolute. People pay all sorts of prices for things they want. 

I am hoping that if this actually the price (Amazon has been known to have fluctuating prices on new listings), it'll be well worth it. 

Just now, Chris 55 said:

I wouldn't say that as an absolute. People pay all sorts of prices for things they want. 

I am hoping that if this actually the price (Amazon has been known to have fluctuating prices on new listings), it'll be well worth it. 

Ok the majority of people aren't going to pay $50 per disc. Amazon for the most part has the best price especially with their pre release price guarantees. If it's 4 cds/dvds and 5 or more vinyls (Lafon said multiple hands worth of vinyls) that would explain the price.

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Because $179 USD is a lot of money for "4 discs". I'll wait for the tracklist and details and all that before I start bitching about the price, but that's about $230 for me after the exchange rate, so the bitching is kinda understandable...

I am sure that is the super deluxe, it is standard to have like a double or triple disk that is much more affordable but includes some audio/video goodies

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Ok the majority of people aren't going to pay $50 per disc. Amazon for the most part has the best price especially with their pre release price guarantees. If it's 4 cds/dvds and 5 or more vinyls (Lafon said multiple hands worth of vinyls) that would explain the price.

Well, at least there's the chance that it'll be on Spotify so I can "try before I buy" for the music. 

Just now, Chris 55 said:

Well, at least there's the chance that it'll be on Spotify so I can "try before I buy" for the music. 

It'll be online leaked in one way or another before June 29th. Be careful. Team Brazil may enlist Paul Huge Tobias to show up at your door for illegal downloading. You don't want to find out why they call him huge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

It'll be online leaked in one way or another before June 29th. Be careful. Team Brazil may enlist Paul Huge Tobias to show up at your door for illegal downloading. You don't want to find out why they call him huge.

lol, Hi I'm Paul & I'm here about the 'package' 

38 minutes ago, kevinb said:

the extended Mates rehearsal tapes from 1989, for example, which are instrumental but DO include Bad Apples and Coma with Steven Adler, DO exist... in the vault... someday to see the light of day ...   -Kevin 

Wow, is there really a Bad Apples and Coma with Steven? :o

I want it! lol thanks for sharing that info :headbang:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am sure that is the super deluxe, it is standard to have like a double or triple disk that is much more affordable but includes some audio/video goodies

Hopefully the super deluxe just has like a vinyl and some swag and the cheaper version still has all the music.