Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

OMG, please don't tell me this thread is going to get inundated with "I think the track list will be" bullshit threads.  

Big page long "Here is a list of bootlegs I know of" threads that have zero relation to any reality, whatsoever.  Pointless.

We're already there lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

So Lafon said that there will be enough vynil to count on two hands, right?

So that means at least six LPs. We know that the original album is just one LP, so I'm guessing that discs 2 and 3 will equate to LPs each.

But that still only adds up to five LPs (which you could count on one hand, not two). So that means disc 4 is probably also audio, and not a DVD or BluRay.

stay tuned for the next episode of CSI:GNR

They could stretch Appetite into 2 LP's on a nice, thick heavyweight vinyl.  I could see it being a blood-splatter design too instead of just plain black.

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Serious question here what would persuade you to part with £478 or $650. I mean what would you expect for that because there's a possibility that you'll already own most of the stuff on previous GNR albums. I mean seriously are you willing to pay those amounts of money for a couple of tracks that were at the time only good enough for the cutting room floor.

Serious answer

= ALL studio sessions from the Appetite era

this includes the already mentioned Mystic, Pasha and Sound City sessions (am I forgetting any?) and who knows how many more studio sessions do they have in the vault (I am guessing some more!) all in fantastic quality including the stuff that is not circulating in bootlegs

= 10 professionally recorded live shows (audio) from that same era, including at least 3 that were never in circulation in bootleg format 

with no overdubs whatsoever, no re-recordings, and properly mixed (meaning specially that izzy's guitar is as loud and as listenable as slash's!)

OK, i can take 4 or 5 shows if they dont have 10!

= 5 Hours of unfinished ideas/songs from Appetite era

i dont care it it is taken from studio recordings, soundchecks, rehearsals, acoustic home recordings... just give us all the incomplete songs/unfinsihed ideas that most definetely were tried on the Appetite era. I am confident there is pure gold on it! Just remember that You Could Be Mine, Perfect Crime and lots of other songs were written on that era

= 5 DVDs of live shows from the Appetite era

i dont mind if they include the Ritz or any other show that is already in circulation but please give us at least like 2 complete and uncirculated live video recordings

:headbang:

that would be very satisfying to me!

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

They could stretch Appetite into 2 LP's on a nice, thick heavyweight vinyl.  I could see it being a blood-splatter design too instead of just plain black.

Im not a vynil expert or anything, but what value would that add? Stretching the original album to two LPs, I mean.

Guys, let’s not forget that Amazon shows a ‘Deluxe Edition’ and a ‘Super Deluxe Edition’. I’m sure the Deluxe Edition is the 4CD one, and the Super Deluxe Edition is more like what Mitch Lafon and Troccoli have been saying.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Im not a vynil expert or anything, but what value would that add? Stretching the original album to two LPs, I mean.

It'd help the sound quality to get the most out of the remaster; sound thins out the closer you get to the center of the vinyl, so having the album across two LP's can improve the quality of the music itself instead of compacting it into one LP.

Edited by Gackt

I like the title, thank god for them not trying to be deep and emotional. Its just simple, dumb and drunk rock n roll. 

Just imagine:

Appetite For Destruction:
A tale of love, hate and reality. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I'd like to see it on 2 LPs if it's going to be a 45rpm pressing. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

no, they played GNR songs and thats why people spent zillions of dollars to go watch them

besides, they had 3 out of 5 original menbers and 2 of these members are the ones that 1) have always been the "frontmen" of GNR in videos and onstage even after GNR imploded in 1991 and 2) they are responsible for the melody lines of all GNR songs (vocal lines and guitar solos) and thats what most people are able to "recognize" in a song

99% of the people cant tell the difference between izzy/adler and the session musicians replacing them

but try and put someone else singing and 99% will tell you in a heartbeat that "this is not GNR"

no one can duplicate a human voice, specially the best human voice ever put to tape.

rhythm parts are, in a sense, more "replicable" because basically no one notices the difference

axl, slash and duff know that and know they can get away with anyone playing izzy and steven parts because they know 99% of the people wont care

Agreed. Idk what the "no" is about ..

I grew up loving Adler and Izzy. The more that's revealed the more I've become disenchanted, particularly with Adler. I can not take that guy seriously as a person. And yes I love Appetite and yes I love his drumming. But what I've come to realize, especially as a musician myself, is that the "mistakes" the human element to that album is what gave it character. They left in a ton of that stuff most likely cause they all had that punk attitude and delivery. What's entertaining to think about now is that everyone fell in love with it errors and all. So now when they don't hear the same "mistakes" the quirks like the speeding up and slowing down of tempo, the swing that the beats had at times, those are all character quirks that nobody can totally duplicate other then the person themself. 

Imho Adler dosnet play the same as he did when I hear him do the Appetite material now. For starters he's not hitting nearly as hard as he did when he was younger, that crisp attack is gone. 

Edited by Order of Nine

9 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Guys, let’s not forget that Amazon shows a ‘Deluxe Edition’ and a ‘Super Deluxe Edition’. I’m sure the Deluxe Edition is the 4CD one, and the Super Deluxe Edition is more like what Mitch Lafon and Troccoli have been saying.

The 4 CD edition is listed under "Super Deluxe" on Amazon.

I guess the "Deluxe" CD edition will contain 2 or 3 CDs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I love how this fan base gets something new and there’s still complaints. 2018 was going to be a lull year anyways and there is no new album in the immediate horizon. Be happy with what we have. 

No.

I cannot be happy with my favorite band gouging the fan base with ridiculously priced concert tickets, and assumed box sets of 30 year old material.

I will always love Guns N' Roses, but I refuse to be happy with this shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

no, they played GNR songs and thats why people spent zillions of dollars to go watch them

besides, they had 3 out of 5 original menbers and 2 of these members are the ones that 1) have always been the "frontmen" of GNR in videos and onstage even after GNR imploded in 1991 and 2) they are responsible for the melody lines of all GNR songs (vocal lines and guitar solos) and thats what most people are able to "recognize" in a song

99% of the people cant tell the difference between izzy/adler and the session musicians replacing them

but try and put someone else singing and 99% will tell you in a heartbeat that "this is not GNR"

no one can duplicate a human voice, specially the best human voice ever put to tape.

rhythm parts are, in a sense, more "replicable" because basically no one notices the difference

axl, slash and duff know that and know they can get away with anyone playing izzy and steven parts because they know 99% of the people wont care

I like a lot that you loved the band 1985-1991....during that time they were the best ever....and I feel particularly the waste of Axl's talent.

2 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

No.

I cannot be happy with my favorite band gouging the fan base with ridiculously priced concert tickets, and assumed box sets of 30 year old material.

I will always love Guns N' Roses, but I refuse to be happy with this shit.

Co-signed.

But hopefully this gets us closer to boxsets for Illusions and Chinese Democracy.

• GNFNR 1