Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

12 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

It'll be online leaked in one way or another before June 29th. Be careful. Team Brazil may enlist Paul Huge Tobias to show up at your door for illegal downloading. You don't want to find out why they call him huge.

I'd burn the Rio 2001 bootleg into a dvd, print a cover for it and ask him for an autograph as I have a beer with him and tells me about his live

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

June 29th?? Is this thing not being released tomorrow?

Being released on June 29th but "officially announced" this Friday. 

My guess / hope is that maybe Shadow would be released as a single this Friday on streaming or whatever. 

• Like 4

Just now, RussTCB said:

Being released on June 29th but "officially announced" this Friday. 

My guess / hope is that maybe Shadow would be released as a single this Friday on streaming or whatever. 

Maybe just on GnR.fm

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is most likely what will happen.

i am bitter though that is not truly an unreleased tune. Hollywood Rose ruined it.

Just now, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Is it definitely rerecorded with the current band? 

I believe they live era-id it to an extent, not the whole thing. 

Some parts, including Axl's vocals sound way too modern, but theres no way to know it until its released. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kevinb said:

My first comment on this thread but as a hardcore fan in LA and serious GNR memorabilia collector for 30 years now, I would like to remind everyone that there are very few soundboard live recordings from the Appetite era in existence.  This means the band's options may be limited to choose from for a boxset live CD release.  I think that one CD may be a live soundboard recording and if so, it is likely to be one of the Marquee shows from June 87 in London, the Ritz 87 or 88, or Perkins Palace 12/30/87 in Pasadena, which is an amazing soundboard recording in circulation.  Also, many may not know that there are soundboard recordings of the Roxy 3/28/86 both shows AND the Whisky show from 8/23/86 (first performance of Sweet Child live), although these are NOT in circulation (in the vault).  These MAY be released but definitely do exist.  What other soundboard live recordings exist from the Appetite era?  I don't think there's more, unless deep in the vault... also, remember that there are rehearsal recordings in the vault: this would not be released for an Appetite boxset, but the extended Mates rehearsal tapes from 1989, for example, which are instrumental but DO include Bad Apples and Coma with Steven Adler, DO exist... in the vault... someday to see the light of day ...   -Kevin 

thanks for sharing that info/knowledge!

:headbang:

maybe mitch lafon was referring to one of those 1986 SDB when he mentioned "earlier shows"...

i choose to believe that there are more SDB recordings from 1986-88 others than the ones that you mentioned, but, yeah, thats me hoping

i believe that there may be more SDB in possession of the band and also there may be others SDB in possession of other people, like someone from the venues where they played etc.

===

whatever rehearsal recordings available I am waaaay more interested in listening to than any live show at this point.

I suppose that a rehearsal recording (specially if they are jamming and doing some writing on it) must contain 1) very different (earlier) versions of the songs and specially 2) unknown songs -- unfinished songs and ideas that were abandoned along the way...

that must be PURE GOLD

Edited by ludurigan

4 minutes ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Is it definitely rerecorded with the current band? 

We don't know that yet but I hope not!

It is enough for me to know that Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns and other idiots messed up with it in the past, so I'm intrigued why that song is sound tracking the GNR.fm site now.

I am thankful we are getting something released. Its been nearly 10 years since my last GNR album purchase 'Chinese Democracy". 

The price is not outrageous if you look at every other bands box sets and remastered reissues. I think Metallicas was around the same price.

Hopefully this is the first of many new box sets and music releases.

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised by how many people think the Shadow Of Your Love vocals sound modern. Those are so clearly a few decades old... I've been listening to the "Live From The Jungle" version a lot since I heard the gnr.fm clip, and other old performances, it's definitely an old take....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm honestly surprised by how many people think the Shadow Of Your Love vocals sound modern. Those are so clearly a few decades old... I've been listening to the "Live From The Jungle" version a lot since I heard the gnr.fm clip, and other old performances, it's definitely an old take....

There's nothing "modern" about the vocals whatsoever. I'm with you. Only thing changed would be the mastering, etc. I'm certain nothing about the vocals was re-recorded at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

I believe they live era-id it to an extent, not the whole thing. 

Some parts, including Axl's vocals sound way too modern, but theres no way to know it until its released. 

Geez, you guys are good, I have played the L&LD version & Easy Version & I can't tell. I think you're right, touched it up but no 'new' parts. Why Shadow? Why not something different like 'the plague'? 

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is most likely what will happen.

i am bitter though that is not truly an unreleased tune. Hollywood Rose ruined it.

I have it on what I thought was an official LP of some sort.. I think it was Shadows/It's So Easy one side and Move to The City/Brownstone on the other.. Maybe a different combination same songs... Got it before LIES came out I think.. Also didn't Guns release it as a B Side for an Illusions single too?