11/14/18 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Surf Beach Sunway Lagoon

alfierose

28 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Have you been to a show?. 

The one I went to I was close enough to see the sweat pouring off the man. 

They say 30mins of exercise even a brisk walk is beneficial to your health and cardiovascular system. 

The man is on stage for 3 hours, 

He is fit enough as I am sure you and I could not do what he does. 

May I suggest getting on a treadmill in a very humid environment for 3 hours, and give it a try yourself.

The girl you are attacking for her opinions is not an entertainer who charges lots of $$$ for people to see her sing and perform in a stadium.

None of us here have to prove anything because we are not professional artists offering shows and charging for them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Requiem16 said:

Guys! No need to wait for an improvement! He`s 56! And he damaged his voice many times including singing not in a comfort zone of his voice! He can make exersices with his voice, breath, but his cords are damaged! That`s it.

Yeah, his voice is wrecked beyond repair same as bon jovi. Although bon mentioned he was given cortisone shots in his neck and pushed on stage in the 90s. I wonder if axl had a similar experience.

Edited by megaguns1982

3 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Have you been to a show?. 

The one I went to I was close enough to see the sweat pouring off the man. 

They say 30mins of exercise even a brisk walk is beneficial to your health and cardiovascular system. 

The man is on stage for 3 hours, 

He is fit enough as I am sure you and I could not do what he does. 

May I suggest getting on a treadmill in a very humid environment for 3 hours, and give it a try yourself.

I hear you but Axl is in bad shape most likely because of his diet. Touring is also probably hard on the body, and garbage food can be addictive. 

Given the number of shows and the amount of sweat he has excreted, I’d thought he be 20 lbs light. Carrying around that gut can’t be good for any part of his body, especially his vocals. 

I’ll be an Axl fan until the day I die. Wish him the best health possible👍

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Original said:

"Show some passion"- exactly.  Not sure why he's even still agreeing to tour...he doesn't seem into it.  Where as he was in the earlier legs.  Yes he's 56, but he still should/could have a good 5-7 years left.  Is his voice really shot or is he just out of shape/being lazy I wonder? 

I have the same thoughts. There are multiple musicians his age or older who sound fantastic - Trent Reznor, Lenny Kravitz, Steven Tyler, Noel Gallagher, Bono, Mick Jagger, etc. Axl can be in this rarified field. 

I don’t buy his vocals are permanently shot argument. His vocals have dramatically improved from one tour to the next 2002-forward. I believe he can turn it around. 🤞

I hope Axl (or Slash/Duff) will give us the inside scoop one day 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dangom1 said:

Wonder what Axl was saying in his Mic during this This I Love, he didn't look happy at all, I don't think it'll be in the set again potentially rest ofthe tour or certainly when they tour again 

I noticed that, throughout the night he was asking for the levels to be changed. I think he's putting the effort in again. He seemed a lot more focused and in to it during the last 2 shows than most of 2018 so far.

3 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

People here talks like audience were leaving the shows disappointed by bad performance of band/axl, just like the comments made at this forum by die hard fans.

vast majority of people who were @ shows  doesn’t even care about axls look or voice, they’re just casual fans.

No, no, we’re not dissapointed. I’m not dissapointed. Vast majority of people all agree Axl’s voice is busted right now. We all understand he’s old. But I wish he would take care himself well, that’s all. Sorry to look like a moaner.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

No, no, we’re not dissapointed. I’m not dissapointed. Vast majority of people all agree Axl’s voice is busted right now. We all understand he’s old. But I wish he would take care himself well, that’s all. Sorry to look like a moaner.

So do I, but the point is: general public don’t care about Axl’s voice. 

12 hours ago, Original said:

"Show some passion"- exactly.  Not sure why he's even still agreeing to tour...he doesn't seem into it.  Where as he was in the earlier legs.  Yes he's 56, but he still should/could have a good 5-7 years left.  Is his voice really shot or is he just out of shape/being lazy I wonder? 

If mick jagger can still do a stones tour at 70 and be totally into it on stage, axl has no excuse. Even if the band do have backup singers, mick always has plenty of enthusisam and his voice is still good.

Edited by Sydney Fan

40 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If mick jagger can still do a stones tour at 70 and be totally into it on stage, axl has no excuse. Even if the band do have backup singers, mick always has plenty of enthusisam and his voice is still good.

You can perfectly compare passion and enthusiasm, I can not argue against it. But you can not compare the voices, they are different types of voices. The voice we so much demand from Axl is the same voice that destroys his throat. Mick has no “angry rasp”. We can a little bit compare Axl  w Brian Johnson but still, Johnson’s rasp it’s not that “angry”..And look at him w AC/DC before that ears problem..Sorry but rasp has expiration date, guys!

The saddest part of it all is that his lack of "match fitness" and "effort" is glaring.  The evidence?  The fact that he sounded like horse manure after sounding out of this world with AC/DC.  That was an environment where he did his "homework" before gigs and actually put the effort in.  It showed...  He has not sounded as good as that with Guns N Roses at any point since this half baked "reunion." 

The biggest slap in the face will be if he fills in for Brian in AC/DC again and sounds great... 

And no, GnR material is not all "harder to sing" than the AC/DC catalogue....  If he tried to sing Thunderstruck in the manner he is singing the GnR stuff atm, he may well be laughed out of the building.

• Like 1

Ya know......it never shocks me how stupid people are. Axl uses sophisticated electronics to make his voice sound a certain way during a live show. Compressed vocals...or something like that. He's been doing it since Vegas 2000. His voice sounds waaay different without a ton of help. Best frontman ever. And at 56..... he's gotta make a living.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2