sold my bike for 1000 dollars. What to do with the money?

action

let's say, you've got 1000 dollars to spend, and your wife tells you to "do whatever the hell you want with it", what are the options?

What would you do with 1000 dollars? the condition being, to make the absolute most out of it. Spend it all in one sitting or divide it in tens / hundres of small things?

9 minutes ago, action said:

let's say, you've got 1000 dollars to spend, and your wife tells you to "do whatever the hell you want with it", what are the options?

What would you do with 1000 dollars? the condition being, to make the absolute most out of it. Spend it all in one sitting or divide it in tens / hundres of small things?

I literally just sold something for $1000 2 days ago. Before I could even think about what I wanted to do with the money, but wife had picked out several new couches lol. No biggie though, we do need a new couch. On top of that, we just bought a bad ass new TV not too long ago, so I can't complain.

• Like 1

Solar power! Id get a sun oven/solar cooker and some small solar panel units to charge A series batteries and cellphone/gadgets and a rig capable of powering one major appliance indefinitely. At least around here these things are quickly becoming much more affordable.

Boring answer- Debt or school

Fun answer- Line 6 Helix LT

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I literally just sold something for $1000 2 days ago. Before I could even think about what I wanted to do with the money, but wife had picked out several new couches lol. No biggie though, we do need a new couch. On top of that, we just bought a bad ass new TV not too long ago, so I can't complain.

Not the Les Paul!?!?

1 hour ago, Kwick1 said:

If it had to be spent, take a vacation! Seeing the site seeing pictures while the tour makes its stops from Meegan on IG makes me want a vacation. 

What she says!  Take a vacation.  Go places, see sights, and make memories.  

If my husband had $1000, I’d expect a gift or dinner from him. I’d let him buy a new TV or games console, then I’d put the rest in savings. 

You don’t seem bothered about savings though.

If I had $1k, I’d be going on holiday then saving the remainder. 

great suggestions from you guys!

I have a thousand things I'd like to buy, but you know how it goes. So much of these things are looking great in the shops and in your dreams, but once you buy it, it ends up somewhere in storage.

So at the end of the day I just put the money in a hidden box until something really fucking cool comes along.

(I'm not sure but I think I read a suggestion about buying a gift to my wife here or something, with my stash. Well, I'm already giving her the greatest gift every day: the gift of happiness ;)

• Like 1

On 21-6-2018 at 8:25 PM, action said:

Get 1 $1000,- hookerbot or get 1000 $1,- hookerbots.

bender-turns-into-a-criminal-in-the-firs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, action said:

Save some and buy something you want for yourself. If you have kids I would say spend it on them, but if not, hey it's your money, go for it!