Use Your Illusion Box Set?

I’m wondering if we’ll get the same treatment when the 30th anniversary of UYI I & II comes in September of 2021?

Im thinking that there might not be any new song releases or anything like that, but maybe JUSSSST maybe we might get some new live stuff; or Tokyo 92 on Blu-Ray. Which would be boring, but better than that awful DVD release

In all honesty I find an illusions box set more intriguing than the one that just came out.  been listening to it since Friday and it's cool and all, but I have heard most of this stuff online already. 

and maybe I'm in the minority, but the remaster appetite album sounds pretty much the same as the one I have owned for 30 yrs.  I'm not a musician, so perhaps im just ignorant to how this is any different than what I already own.  or perhaps I should upgrade my speakers.  

the reason the thought of an illusions box set is more interesting to me is to hear Adler on most of the songs and to hear them less produced as some of what has leaked online from that era has been very cool. 

hope they do it.  hope they don't charge what they did for Friday's release.  I'm not sorry I bought it, but for stuff the real GNR fans have already heard, it should have cost less.  And the diehard GNR fans are mostlikely the only ones who bought this box set.

• Like 4

Isn’t there a bootleg out there called unwanted illusions? I think it has the song that was on the GNR pinball machine, ain’t going down, and other illusion demos. I’d imagine we’ll get some cleaned up versions of that stuff and maybe a pro shot dvd or a version of the movie they were supposed do back in the day. 

• Like 1

Didnt Fernando already say there were no plans for UYI or CD box sets?

those albums don't really have the same cultural significance that AFD does, so Im not sure if it would be economically feasible for the band to invest money in making box sets for either of those albums.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Isn’t there a bootleg out there called unwanted illusions? I think it has the song that was on the GNR pinball machine, ain’t going down, and other illusion demos. I’d imagine we’ll get some cleaned up versions of that stuff and maybe a pro shot dvd or a version of the movie they were supposed do back in the day. 

unwanted illusions can be found on youtube.  some cool stuff on there. 

would love to see a version of that movie!

39 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

that was just one of the many bootleg compilations from the era. the problem with these is that they actually are NOT UYI sessions, but much older West Arkeen Hell House sessions from 1985-86. but yeah, it would be great if the possible UYI boxset also included this piece of history :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didnt Fernando already say there were no plans for UYI or CD box sets?

those albums don't really have the same cultural significance that AFD does, so Im not sure if it would be economically feasible for the band to invest money in making box sets for either of those albums.

Its to soon to say anything about it, we still have three years to the Illusions anniversary. I believe label will do something when the time comes, it may not be as big as the AFD box but Im sure we'll get something. Even if its just a second disc containing demos and a remaster. 

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

Its to soon to say anything about it, we still have three years to the Illusions anniversary. I believe label will do something when the time comes, it may not be as big as the AFD box but Im sure we'll get something. Even if its just a second disc containing demos and a remaster. 

This , Fernando can't said nothing , this would ruin surprise factor .

2 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

And that's a holy grail in my opinion.

Then you have the QSound + Rough Mixes demos. Then you have "Central Park" which never came out, and can be included on the box. Just another Sunday... etc...

I think there will be an Illusions Boxset and that will be great.  There are many great demos like 14 Years with extended outro different than the album.  Also, I think you all know that there is a complete and extended Mates Rehearsal audio tape from 1989 with Steven playing drums and the quality is fantastic.  About half of the rehearsal tapes have been posted online, but many songs are NOT circulated with complete versions of Coma, Bad Apples, Ain't Goin' Down, and several "New Tunes", all with Steven on drums, Izzy/Slash/Duff (no Axl, just instrumental).   Don't ask, it's not going to be posted.  It's in the vault for the band to release when they are ready as part of an Illusions set.  But at least we all have something to look forward to... even better I think than just getting more Illusions concert DVD leaks from 91-93 in my opinion...

A UYI boxset interests me much more than AFD. They’re my favorite Guns albums and quite frankly I don’t think they get the love that Appetite does. The thought of seeing the Perfect Crime documentary gets me all hot and bothered.

I would love to see the demo versions of the songs to see how different they sound. There was a thread recently that showed a version of “14 Years” with a godly ending. All the unreleased songs on the Unwanted Illusions bootleg would make me extremely happy. “Ain’t Going Down” is my favorite unreleased song, and I was disappointed when we only got the instrumental version for the Appetite Rerelease. Not to mention, they could actually include some live shows. My biggest disappointment of the box set was the lack of live material. The band was amazing live, and some shows could represent that well (if Inglewood ‘91 was included I think I would need 30 pairs of white pants).

As someone said earlier, what apart from Aint Going Down is actually unreleased from the UYI sessions? Many people think those West Arkeen drum machine demos like Just Another Sunday or Crash Diet are from UYI era because of the bootlegs name. I'd be interested in the Bob Clearmountain mixes, and maybe cleaned up versions of the demos. Then we got the version of 14 years. I think they should include a full UYI era show on video on such boxset, that is not Tokyo or Paris 92.

13 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

unwanted illusions can be found on youtube.  some cool stuff on there. 

would love to see a version of that movie!

Agree i would pay good money to see a condensed version of the 2 year illusions tour on film that slash talks about in his book. Pro shot of the warm up gigs including backstage footage including skin and bones and the Metallica tour.