Use Your Illusion Box Set?

On 15/07/2018 at 9:37 PM, Ninjapie24 said:

When I first got into GNR I hated Coma. It was too long, and just went everywhere. After I got into Metallica and Led Zeppelin, I stared to like longer songs. I have it a shot again, and loved it. 

Yeah it definitely took a long while to click with me. The ending section is some of the best music I've heard. 

On 16.7.2018 at 1:28 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's what the band might have thought, that the material is not good enough for the album. But there's always the same chance you're gonna like a song or not whether it was on an album or a b side or unreleased. From my experience with MANY bands I find the bonus tracks to be largely satisfying (especially a band like Oasis who are famous for their B-Sides) and more than once I thought the best track on the album was just a bonus track. Bon Jovi are a band who said they don't even sort what makes the record by quality but what fits the album as a whole, and I think many bands go by that philosophy, GNR went with it too deciding on SCOM over NR or DC. It's mindboggling how wrong bands/labels can be sometimes deciding which songs make a record. And for stuff like demos, rough mixes etc. It's just interesting to hear early versions of songs. Not something I'd regularly listen to but cool to hear nontheless.

This!

And in terms of UYI: 

Alone the widley spread rough extended version of 14 years is billion times better than the actual album version. Guess what great unpolished versions of other songs there might be. 

I would kill for a rough studio version of YCBM! 

• 2 years later...

I honestly couldn't care less if this gets released or not.. an old album with slightly different audio, wow

There's only really a few genuinely stand out songs on it anyway, imo 

Locomotive, Coma, Civil War, Estranged, The Garden 

A few other half decent ones 

And a load of filler 

The original mastering is a bit shit as well tbh. Somehow it's too shiny, yet at the same time muddy, weird midrange on the guitars and Axls vocals buried, sounds like he has a peg over his nose for some tracks, like Breakdown, verses are just "shner n ner n n der der"

So yeah I guess it could do with a remaster tbf 

Great, when's it coming out

Edited by Nice Boy

On 7/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, Jw224 said:

Are there actually any multitracks for any GNR songs out there apart from the Chidem album? 

Don’t call me on this, but I could have sworn there as a multitrack for WTTJ that was ripped from Guitar Hero 3 but it wasn’t as complex as the rock band ones, like the bass & guitar were separated but everything else was on one track.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, Jw224 said:

Yeah it definitely took a long while to click with me. The ending section is some of the best music I've heard. 

Love the last minute or 2 of that song. There's songs from those albums that I took to quickly and others like the epics that took awhile to click. Once I listened to Estranged, Coma, & Breakdown they really stood out.

6 hours ago, mystery said:

Love the last minute or 2 of that song. There's songs from those albums that I took to quickly and others like the epics that took awhile to click. Once I listened to Estranged, Coma, & Breakdown they really stood out.

I got into GNR in 2003/2004 and I never cared much for Coma until 2017 when I heard it live on the NITL tour.

Now I fn' love it 🤣

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I got into GNR in 2003/2004 and I never cared much for Coma until 2017 when I heard it live on the NITL tour.

Now I fn' love it 🤣

I got the same feeling with Dead Horse watching the live version from 93. It's such a badass song. Since they're pulling out old UYI songs, I'd really really love to hear Breakdown live.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:43 AM, axlfan88 said:

Is it coming out ?

if we are talking about "Guns N' Rose" and the words "anything being released", unless we are talking about toy trucks or cash grab kids books using SCOM, the answer is a resounding absolutely not lol

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 7:43 PM, axlfan88 said:

Is it coming out ?

Well - we know the record company were certainly planning/working on it as they reached out to one of the big GNR collectors for info etc.

Thread is here: -

Edited by DTJ80

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Well - we know the record company were certainly planning/working on it as they reached out to one of the big GNR collectors for info etc.

Thread is here: -

He's been pretty quiet about it lately, hope that means something is in the works.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...