Rank The Songs on LIES

I'm genuinely surprised how popular One In A Million is proving to be. Always considered one of the weaker tracks in the GNR canon.

I'd rate it (best to worst):

1. Move To The City

2. Patience

3. Used To Love Her

4. You're Crazy

5. Nice Boys

6. One In A Million

7. Mama Kin

8. Reckless Life

TBH, it beggars belief that a song as strong as Shadow of Your Love was never officially released back in the day, when much weaker shit like Reckless Life and Mama Kin were.

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'm genuinely surprised how popular One In A Million is proving to be. Always considered one of the weaker tracks in the GNR canon.

I'd rate it (best to worst):

1. Move To The City

2. Patience

3. Used To Love Her

4. You're Crazy

5. Nice Boys

6. One In A Million

7. Mama Kin

8. Reckless Life

TBH, it beggars belief that a song as strong as Shadow of Your Love was never officially released back in the day, when much weaker shit like Reckless Life and Mama Kin were.

But Shadow was officially released, on the It's So Easy Single, the Live From The Jungle EP, and the Live & Let Die Single. Hell even the Hollywood Rose version was released.

13 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

But Shadow was officially released, on the It's So Easy Single, the Live From The Jungle EP, and the Live & Let Die Single. Hell even the Hollywood Rose version was released.

Yeah, but I mean on an album. It's a stronger track than three or four cuts on Appetite and half of Lies and UYI imo.

Edited by Towelie

I saw a few people mention that they prefer the Acoustic Move To The City better than the LIES version.  When I looked at the track list for the box set, I thought it was a bit much to have 4 versions of the song on there but I ended up up liking the other 3 versions better than the LIES version.  Both acoustics and the sound City one are great!

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

For me first half is meh but second half is pure gold.  Tough to rank the acoustic tracks as any of those (maybe ex UTLH) could be my number one at a given time.  OIAM from 'tryin to make ends meet' forward is probably my fav Axl.  And I love the swag of You're Crazy.  If forced I'd say favorite to least would be OIAM YC P UTLH NB MK RL MTTC.

This listing is taking live performances into consideration:

1. Patience

2. You’re Crazy (live eras version is killer)

3. Move to the City

4. Nice Boys

5. One in a million

6. Mama Kin

7. Used to Love Her

8. Reckless life

dont think any of them are bad songs per se, but some seem lifeless; at least in comparison to their live performances, although you could say that for most of the UYI songs as well

I think Move to the City is quite underrated: For one of the first songs written by GnR, it already contains a lot of stuff that can later be found on UYI: The horn section, the lyrics as a kind of "story-telling" (instead of " I lead a reckless life and I don't need your advice!" ;-) ), and in generell a musical style that is not just straight hard rock but a little bit different. So I think it is a really good song.

To rank the songs is not that easy because the songs are about on the same level: No real hits, no really weak songs. If I had to rank, I would say:

1. Patience

2. Move to the City

3. Nice Boys

4. One in a Million

5. Mama Kin

6. Reckless Life

7. Used to Love her

8. You're crazy

But overall it is very close and can change whenever I listen to the album again.

• Like 2