Appetite for Distortion Ep. 74 - "Leaker's Revenge"

As I was listening to the episode yesterday, it felt like the current band is "so far removed" from the hob time period, or even hearing about The General for that matter. Yes, it would be awesome to hear/have that song, but this is a different band now. NuGnR feels so retro to me even though that era wasn't long ago!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

As I was listening to the episode yesterday, it felt like the current band is "so far removed" from the hob time period, or even hearing about The General for that matter. Yes, it would be awesome to hear/have that song, but this is a different band now. NuGnR feels so retro to me even though that era wasn't long ago!

For sure. If I had it my way, the Chinese leftovers would just leak or be released as an archive set so they could just be heard with Bucket, Robin, Ron, etc intact. Then, Axl, Slash, and Dude could write and release all new songs

Of course, this will never happen

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

What is it? An official video for "I Don't Care About You" or something fan-made??

Official, but never released for unknown reasons.

It was said in interviews and articles back in the day that they were going to do another video for TSI apart from Since I Don't Have You and Slash was "in charge" of that. Hair Of The Dog was mentioned as the song likely for a video, but it seems they made one for IDCAY instead, and either they didn't like the result or it was something like a test video.

Edited by Blackstar

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I have far too much (unwanted) free time, and would absolutely, 100 per cent run it for little or no payment, alongside a couple of other fans, aimed at fans. Live nation controlling it may seem sensible in the shorter term financially, but in the longer term, having people with some passion for the band offering what people want would see revenue rocket. I offered a few times on Nightrain itself (not a member anymore!) 

It's completely up to the band/label and what they are willing to give up and make available (time included). They want control and oversight over every branch to keep things on message (the way you communicate with members included).  You might find yourself quickly banging your head against the wall trying to implement 5% of the stuff you'd like to do. Def been in that position before. 

With a huge band like GNR, where does the fanclub rank within their business on a scale of importance? What are the priorities? Where does the fanclub fit in and how does it feed into other aspects of their business?  Outside looking in, their priorities and business model would need to be altered a bit to give what everyone here wants. In the middle of a reunion, where they might be wanting to maximize merch sales, VIP packages, and maintaining their guaranteed fee requests all while increasing their brand worth on a global scale?  The fanclub is being utilized to fit and feed those types of goals at this point as that's their focus. 

When this run subsides and they want to release new music or hit certain markets for the 4th-5th time? Maybe that's when things get interesting because that's when they will rely upon this sector of the fanbase to push the excitement. 

17 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

I don't understand how that General clip could've been fan made/recreated.

They aren't talking about the after-show party clip. They are talking about Evader's "studio" version. That one wasn't supposed to leak (was a personal project of him) and ended up in the wrong hands. It's obviously fake, and they say it took him 3 years to make it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They aren't talking about the after-show party clip. They are talking about Evader's "studio" version. That one wasn't supposed to leak (was a personal project of him) and ended up in the wrong hands. It's obviously fake, and they say it took him 3 years to make it.

"Wrong hands" indeed.... should have been my hands.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Official, but never released for unknown reasons.

It was said in interviews and articles back in the day that they were going to do another video for TSI apart from Since I Don't Have You and Slash was "in charge" of that. Hair Of The Dog was mentioned as the song likely for a video, but it seems they made one for IDCAY instead, and either they didn't like the result or it was something like a test video.

They certainly picked the wrong song...That's probably the worst song on that album.

37 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

So I never listened to AFD Podcast until today. But he said Alfred was a guest on a previous podcast and talked about stuff. Could anyone tell me which episode it was? If you have/want to PM which one that’s fine. 

Ep. 31 was an interview with him. Also a guest in 36. There was an “agreement” I’d stop talking about this and he’d remove his strikes against me. He hasn’t removed dispite saying he did, so I go on. 

Hope to keep you as a listener 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Ep. 31 was an interview with him. Also a guest in 36. There was an “agreement” I’d stop talking about this and he’d remove his strikes against me. He hasn’t removed dispite saying he did, so I go on. 

Hope to keep you as a listener 😉

Thanks for the heads up. Guy sounds like a real winner. The fact that at the end of the day everyone is just a fan and we’re all in the same boat and we can’t even stick together is sad. I say keep doing what you’re doing. I can certainly say I can see myself sticking around as a listener. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Propaganda said:

They certainly picked the wrong song...That's probably the worst song on that album.

is it possible it was a promo video just done for the spaghetti incident like they did for teh appetite songs when UYI came out?

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

And Evadur based his remake off of what exactly?