Spotify - Don't Cry Alt missing in Ireland? Chinese Democracy whole album missing

I’d imagine admist the promotion of Appetite Deluxe, and limiting the Chinese songs to 3 on the last leg, they are trying to bury Chinese from existence. Axl has no musical integrity anymore if so. Very disappointed since I don’t believe it’s a glitch or coincidence.

47 minutes ago, MJRemastered said:

Checked just for the record and the album is still up on Amazon Music, if somebody uses that.

It's still up on Tidal as well, but there are a lot of albums still on Tidal that have been removed from Spotify. Bad Obsession, It's So Easy and The Garden have never been missing from Tidal either. 

7 hours ago, zombux said:

btw, it would be a bizzarre twist of events, if (of course, hypotetically) they now completely trashed the ChiDem era, stopped playing the songs live, and generally just pretend it never existed, replaced by (let's say) AFD anniversary re-release and tour every year.

... and we would start spreading the album as a bootleg :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'll give you 10,000 for a red hand copy of CD. :P

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

So does anyone actually know how these things happen, and why? What are the implications of CD being pulled?

"its so easy" got pulled a while back over royalties to the arkeen estate. just be something simple like that and back up soon.

• Like 1

I’m so so so irritated they took Chinese Democracy off of Spotify. What the hell, man. I hate when bands or tv show writers or anyone try to pass something off like it never even existed or never happened. I get the negative reception it gets but by removing it and trying to take it out of Guns history you erase so many memories, enjoyment for some fans, and burn the people who actually supported the band during this time frame. Slash is back, but it doesn’t mean Chinese never happened. And I’m mostly disappointed in Axl, under the proviso it was decided by him. What happened to the artistic integrity, the guy who fought for what he believed in for 25 years when it came to new music everyone else lambasted? Where did his spine go? Did Slash take it when he went up his ass? Like, what is up with this band right now? Why do we have people being threatened, concerts we've watched for years disappear due to one power hungry asshat, albums disapearing, Axl having no immediate future new-music wise with either Guns or Axl/DC. Is this a prank? This is the lowest that I've seen this band reach in a while. I''m ashamed to be a guns fan recently. Chinese turns ten. We, and the band, should be celebrating it. Not posting threads about how the damn album is being removed from streaming services. I'll tell you, being a Guns fan during the NuGuns days was better than some of this corporate, brand-mongering garbage we're sifting through right now. I've lost all respect for Guns and Axl right now.

Sorry for the rant, but it needed to be stated.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe they pulled it in prep for a two plus-disc re-issue with re-worked CD songs and another album worth of material from CD sessions.

Perhaps Axl pulled it with plans to replace it with how he always intended  it to be eg. a triple album with proper artwork etc.

Pure speculation obviously but makes sense instead of a standard remaster like AFD and considering the upcoming anniversary.

Edited by Azifwekare

Relevant example: When Prince 'reunited' with Warner Bros. in 2014 he was like "I'll give you a remaster of Purple Rain if you release my 2 new albums."

Perhaps Axl has a similar deal with UMG where he agreed to the AFD reissue and likely a cut of the NITL earnings if they let him put out parts 2 & 3 of CD.

Again, pure speculation. 

10 hours ago, brad_k said:

Is that US only? Can’t seem to find OMG on UK Spotify

OMG/the End of Days soundtrack hasn't been on UK Spotify for years, and annoyingly hasn't been on UK iTunes either (I bought if off the iTunes Store around 2010 and now I can't redownload it). Happens with movie soundtracks quite often; I bought a couple of tracks off a re-recording of The Thing score around 2012 and now I can't redownload those, either :/

Edited by Amir