The Bon Jovi Distaster

Bruno P.

Slippery Through Keep the Faith are phenomenal albums, Self Titled 7800 Degrees and These Days all have some phenomenal tracks but also have some less than amazing tracks. That being said the These Days Tour had some absolutely brilliant setlists and as such are the only shows which I seek out on youtube. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I think this thread should be active again after the painful and awful and weak vocal performance of Jon Bon Jovi in the last Tour,as most of you may have read,the negative criticizing for his vocals was impressive.The guy lost his voice or something else happening we don't know it,rumors say about too much alcohol dose during lockdowns periods.

In this forum,we have made too many negative criticizing about Axl Rose vocal perfomances through the years,also some of other singers such as Vince Nail,David Coverdale,Joe Elliot were in bad condition/phase with their vocals at periods,but i think BonJovi case is one of the worst we have seen lately live,even second vocals from the other members of the band couldn't save the terrible perfomance.

He should at least apologize to his fans and say the reasons behind this bad perfomance,people could ask for refund.<_<

Edited by Majestic Beast

I thought about writing in this thread again as well, his recent performances are a new alltime low point. I really hope that there’s nothing serious going on with his health that affects his singing. I feel like he might have hearing problems cause he’s even missing the lower notes and not singing in tune at all..

But I have a hard time feeling sorry for him as he’s still making loads of cash with absolute carcrash performances. I mean, you really shouldn’t charge 100$+ for a performance like this should you: 

That's not even that bad compared to some of the other stuff I've heard from the recent tour and the previous tours.
Look, it's easy, it's common knowledge by now that his voice is shot. Don't go see them if you don't want to hear it.
The other day I read a good review from one of the recent shows on this tour.
The band was incredibly tight. JBJ was very entertaining, dancing and jumping all night long.
His voice was good on some songs (probably the new ones that are written for his current voice), and he was struggling a lot on others, but the audience didn't seem to mind, singing along to every word.
I think they have a loyal fanbase that still enjoy the overall experience, even if his voice is what it is now. 

Edited by EvanG

Not gonna post links since they seem to get deleted like Guns ones but the Houston show that happened this week was horrible…I couldn’t believe it. Have A Nice Day was totally butchered, It’s My Life was off key the entire time, comments were saying Prayer was lip synced????? Recommend you look into these videos. I thought Jon sounded fine in some 2021 videos, thinking now those pro shots must’ve been doctored beyond belief. Time to hang it up.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

Or let the people who still enjoy the experience have fun and you make sure you don't go see them anymore?

It seems unfair to me that he’s charging money to see that. I’m not even saying that to be mean, it’s just an awful performance. People in the YouTube comments who were there were saying they recognized it was bad and some said they even walked out.

He is out of breath completely,without power in his voice,i think he didn't even cared into lockdowns to be in a basic shape,he just drunk too much alcochol.

But hell,who would pay to see this? Disastrous performance,not with free entrance worth to go and listen him.The rest of then band should feel weird and shame.

He is out of breath completely,without power in his voice,i think he didn't even cared into lockdowns to be in a basic shape,he just drunk too much alcochol.

But hell,who would pay to see this? Disastrous performance,not with free entrance worth to go and listen him.The rest of then band should feel weird and shame.Only Vince Neil could compared in bad perfomance with Jovi.

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It seems unfair to me that he’s charging money to see that. I’m not even saying that to be mean, it’s just an awful performance. People in the YouTube comments who were there were saying they recognized it was bad and some said they even walked out.

But who are you to say he should ''hang it up''? I don't get that. I've read many reactions as well, and a lot of people still enjoyed the overall concert experience. I don't think anyone disagrees that his voice isn't pretty bad, but some are able to accept it because other than that, the band is very tight, Jon is very animated and entertaining, and a lot of people still seem to enjoy themselves at a Bon Jovi concert. Good for them. So why do you care?

Personally, I wouldn't go see them either, his voice is probably too far gone for me to enjoy the show, but then again I am not a big Bon Jovi fan. If I was I might have been able to accept it too like a lot of the fans.

2 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

But hell,who would pay to see this? Disastrous performance,not with free entrance worth to go and listen him.The rest of then band should feel weird and shame.Only Vince Neil could compared in bad perfomance with Jovi.

Very ignorant. Assuming he drank too much. How the heck can you know? His voice was this way before the lockdown. 

I read that Jon caught Covid not long before the tour started, so that probably didn't help either.

Edited by EvanG

22 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Not gonna post links since they seem to get deleted like Guns ones but the Houston show that happened this week was horrible…I couldn’t believe it. Have A Nice Day was totally butchered, It’s My Life was off key the entire time, comments were saying Prayer was lip synced????? Recommend you look into these videos. I thought Jon sounded fine in some 2021 videos, thinking now those pro shots must’ve been doctored beyond belief. Time to hang it up.

There's a video of Prayer from Houston. He's got the mic right in his face all the time and his other arm actually hiding his mouth. The rest of the time he's got his back to the crowd. Although it still doesn't sound great, he's at least on key and in time. Figuring they either used a previously recorded live vocal track or perhaps from rehearsal. Regardless, he wasn't singing the song on stage at the time.

I'm.a very casual fan but I do sort of feel for the guy being up there but just not physically being able to deliver. It's not even the case that he's out of shape or anything as he looks great for his age. Genuinely seems like his vocal chords are damaged to the level where he's struggling with even slight changes in pitch and tone.  

At the same time, tickets for those shows will be far from cheap. Charging fans probably hundreds of dollars when the singer plainly can't sing is ripping people off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

At the same time, tickets for those shows will be far from cheap. Charging fans probably hundreds of dollars when the singer plainly can't sing is ripping people off.

That depends who you ask, right?
Like I've said before, I wouldn't go see them, but a lot of diehards are still willing to pay money to see a great band with a singer who is clearly having problems.
And that being said, I haven't seen them live, but I've seen several youtube clips from the recent tour of less challenging songs (like most of the new songs) where his voice was decent enough.
Far from great, but decent enough.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:11 PM, Dangom1 said:

looks like he resorted to lip syncing LOAP. Sad. Listen to other songs at this show and other versions of this song during the tour and its night and day 

Can tell the vocals are a lot different between LOAP and You Give Love

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

Clearly not lip syncing here, and I’m impressed he reached those high notes before the guitar solo considering he’s been struggling so much.

I think a lot of people who are not or not big Bon Jovi fans are kinda missing the point: even if he is not even close to where he was vocally in the past, his fans still probably get a lot of satisfaction from attending the band's show and maybe a lot of them don't give a single shit about the quality of his vocals which I admit I think is not as strong as they were a few years ago. It's all about what you get from it as a fan imho.

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think a lot of people who are not or not big Bon Jovi fans are kinda missing the point: even if he is not even close to where he was vocally in the past, his fans still probably get a lot of satisfaction from attending the band's show and maybe a lot of them don't give a single shit about the quality of his vocals which I admit I think is not as strong as they were a few years ago. It's all about what you get from it as a fan imho.

He's undeniably at Vince Neil levels of shit now, maybe even worse. When you can't sing the songs properly but still charge crazy ticket prices, the fans will rightfully feel ripped off.

This guy says he paid $750 for 3rd row seats... imagine spending that much to see this performance:

If we're comparing him to Axl, that would be like spending $750 to be up front at the Hershey 2021 show. :lol:

If you look at the comments on a lot his recent videos, there's tons of 'long-time fans' who are saying he should hang it up. And like Axl, you can see he tries, but his voice simply isn't there.

51 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's undeniably at Vince Neil levels of shit now, maybe even worse. When you can't sing the songs properly but still charge crazy ticket prices, the fans will rightfully feel ripped off.

This guy says he paid $750 for 3rd row seats... imagine spending that much to see this performance:

If we're comparing him to Axl, that would be like spending $750 to be up front at the Hershey 2021 show. :lol:

If you look at the comments on a lot his recent videos, there's tons of 'long-time fans' who are saying he should hang it up. And like Axl, you can see he tries, but his voice simply isn't there.

I'm not denying that Bon Jovi's voice is shot. My point is that for some fans, it's better than nothing. They still want to have the option to attend a show. I disagree that Axl's voice is simply isn't there. Good vocals is not something everyone cares that much about if at all.

Edited by Rovim

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I'm not denying that Bon Jovi's voice is shit. My point is that for some fans, it's better than nothing. They still want to have the option to attend a show. I disagree that Axl's voice is simply isn't there. Good vocals is not something everyone cares that much about if it all.

Of course for some people it's more about 'just being at the show' than seeing a good show. But JBJ doesn't really have a co-star like Slash to help carry the show - it's mostly about him and his vocals. His voice has been shot for years but it seems like this recent tour has been the tipping point for a lot of his fans, especially with the lip syncing.