Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

2 minutes ago, Mateoson said:

What is the "Down with Mirrors" clip I am listening to? It is from July 17th and approx 1:30 ish in length. I am out of the loop but this is definitely something I haven't heard.

Down with Mirrors? Da fuck?

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

No the guy who has the 15 discs doesn’t seem interesting in leaking anything himself. Seems like he just released the three-second Atlas clip just to prove he isn’t full of shit. What he’s really interested in is trading, it seems. The problem is, who the fuck has anything worth trading for 15 discs worth of ChiDem recordings?

I'm guessing they're hoping someone has post-Beavan stuff, e.g. The General. Maybe Soul Monster, Seven, and Thyme? But I honestly don't think anyone has that stuff out there.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No the guy who has the 15 discs doesn’t seem interested in leaking anything himself. Seems like he just released the three-second Atlas clip just to prove he isn’t full of shit. What he’s really interested in is trading, it seems. The problem is, who the fuck has anything worth trading for 15 discs worth of ChiDem recordings?

Strange. Only in GNRLand. 

18 minutes ago, avahland said:

Never heard about that title....really GNR and with vocals ?

For all i know it if fake but yeah vocals and all. It wasn't hard to find which is why I think it may be fake and I probably missed a discussion... maybe the song title is wrong i am confused myself.

*Edit - It was a freakin' known fake. I back away slowly in shame...

Edited by Mateoson
figured it out

I guess after the 10 plus years of reading about Chi Dem before it came out, reading about these leaks is about as exciting as a fart in church. More power to those that got them as I wouldn't have the time ,money or patience to invest. Axl could have taken all these recordings (minus any he might intend to release with Slash and Duff) packaged them up and made a killing on them as a 14 CD Nightrain exclusive bundle. Hand sign them and he could get $500 per set easily from a few thousand diehards. 

Just now, Amir said:

I'm guessing they're hoping someone has post-Beavan stuff, e.g. The General. Maybe Soul Monster, Seven, and Thyme? But I honestly don't think anyone has that stuff out there.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has any of that. I think this is the grail in terms of hoarded material. The General came along in the Bucket era, and we got the title directly from guys like Axl and Baz. It was rumored to be circulated for years, but I believe that was only the 2010 party clip we all now have. Soul Monster we only got as a title from Axl so who knows.

Its possible some of those titles even exist on the 15 CDs with other working titles. Either way, I think this is the mother load. I could be wrong, Checkmate came out of nowhere. So did the Vegas proshot, but I still wouldn't get my hopes too far up

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

I guess after the 10 plus years of reading about Chi Dem before it came out, reading about these leaks is about as exciting as a fart in church. More power to those that got them as I wouldn't have the time ,money or patience to invest. Axl could have taken all these recordings (minus any he might intend to release with Slash and Duff) packaged them up and made a killing on them as a 14 CD Nightrain exclusive bundle. Hand sign them and he could get $500 per set easily from a few thousand diehards. 

Yup. I would easily spend $500 on an official release of all the Chinese Leftovers. I've spent exactly $0 on the AFD re-releases :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Amir said:

Outside of pro shots/soundboards I don’t get it. Are they looking for bumble era demos or the actual mixes that may have been presented to UMG around 2010? Post 94 Slash demos that prob don’t exist? Or maybe they’re going for actual memorabilia and want some assless chaps? 

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has any of that. I think this is the grail in terms of hoarded material. The General came along in the Bucket era, and we got the title directly from guys like Axl and Baz. It was rumored to be circulated for years, but I believe that was only the 2010 party clip we all now have. Soul Monster we only got as a title from Axl so who knows.

Its possible some of those titles even exist on the 15 CDs with other working titles. Either way, I think this is the mother load. I could be wrong, Checkmate came out of nowhere. So did the Vegas proshot, but I still wouldn't get my hopes too far up

Yeah I agree. I’m not going to say there isn’t anything out there. Like with this whole situation stranger things can happen, clearly. 

Personally what I would do is compile all songs with vocal tracks. Organize them and listen to them. From there I’d start typing a list. List each song by name with one or two verses and chorus (if there is one) and the tracks time. There’s too many titles and title changes tracks need proper identification. This guys 3 Dollar Pyramid track could turn out to be Seven in another guys unreleased collection. There’s obviously people out there who do have tracks and it would be a good guide to help trades along while feeding a partial desire of everyone else. 

But that’s just me 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

$1000 locked n loaded style 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vloors said:

How much $ is this guy after for the unreleased cd collection?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are 95 percent instrumentals only.

Most of it appears to be instrumental pieces but it was mentioned there’s at minimum 15 tracks with vocals

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It'd be such easy money for Axl. Put a 5 CD set together like the AfD Super Deluxe with nice packaging and some Chinese era trinkets, have it only be available through the website, print only like 1500 tops of it, and charge $200 would be the easiest money for him ever.

Disc 1- Chinese Democracy Remastered

Disc 2- Chinese Democracy 2 (The rest of the tracks with overdubs and full production like updated SW and OMG, The General, final version of Atlas, etc)

Disc 3- Chinese Leftovers (2000 era demos of new songs like Berlin/Oklahoma, Jackie Chan/Hard School/Checkmate, this version of Atlas with Brian May, Perhaps, etc)

Disc 4- Chinese Democracy Demos (other versions of the album like the 2000 era versions and stuff)

Disc 5- Instrumental Demos, live stuff from 2001-2014 and miscellaneous stuff

Its easy to laugh at this in the age of the reunion, but why the fuck not? They aren't putting shit out, and it'd be a limited, low print run that would be guaranteed to sell out among crazy die hards only. They could call it Axl Rose, GNR, Guns N Roses, who cares?

Easy fucking money and an easy package to put together. It would shut all of us up

We (the diehard forum nerds) don't mean that much . They didn't get to be the 2nd biggest tour of all time (or whatever place they are in now) by catering to us. There's no need to. Locked and Loaded should be promoted to us as I know no casual music fan that is dropping three car payments on a box set of thirty year old songs 

Just now, vloors said:

How much $ is this guy after for the unreleased cd collection?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are 95 percent instrumentals only.

It was said earlier in the thread that there are only about 15 new tracks with full vocals within the 15 CDs. I am assuming these are not including other versions of already released and leaked songs like Silkworms, OMG, the CD songs, and AfD99

• Like 2

Just now, Flake said:

And even only three seconds of it. What a sad existence we live in

Yeah it sucks, but its what we are used to...

20 seconds of Jackie Chan

2 minutes of the General in the worst quality imaginable

3 seconds of Atlas Shrugged

• Like 4