09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

Just now, double talkin jive mfkr said:

tight? how so he plays independently and does not follow how the songs have been written 

he doesn't even do the cow bell on LALD before the axl scream 

oh wow, i have bad news for you: slash improvs half his solos, duff doesn't play with a pick anymore, axl doesn't have rasp, and they have 2 keyboardists for AFD songs.

you better quit following the band

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Duwz said:

oh wow, i have bad news for you: slash improvs half his solos, duff doesn't play with a pick anymore, axl doesn't have rasp, and they have 2 keyboardists for AFD songs.

you better quit following the band

its something im struggling to contemplate 

i'd consider seeing adlers appetite to hear the songs as they should sound but we'll see axl getting rasp back is the holy grail so i kind of hold back and wait  

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

tight? how so he plays independently and does not follow how the songs have been written 

he doesn't even do the cow bell on LALD before the axl scream or keep a decent rhthym in don't cry 

Do you honestly think he'd play those songs the way he used to with nu-guns? No he's playing them based on Slash and Duff's liking INCLUDING tempo. I don't remember LALD having a cowbell, if anything Matt used to smack a small percussion before "You got to give the other fella hell" 

If you want a cowbell go ask will ferrell for some, I'm sure christopher walken is still asking him some more somewhere.

2 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Do you honestly think he'd play those songs the way he used to with nu-guns? No he's playing them based on Slash and Duff's liking INCLUDING tempo. I don't remember LALD having a cowbell, if anything Matt used to smack a small percussion before "You got to give the other fella hell" 

If you want a cowbell go ask will ferrell for some, I'm sure christopher walken is still asking him some more somewhere.

thanks for correcting me = the small percussion is what i meant its a very key part of the song 

and he isn't playing off slash and duffs liking - its off of axl's minnie me 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its something im struggling to contemplate 

i'd consider seeing adlers appetite to hear the songs as they should sound but we'll see axl getting rasp back is the holy grail so i kind of hold back and wait  

you're missing the point

it's boring for a musician to play the same things that others did 20-30 years ago, and changing it doesn't make the band sound bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thanks for correcting me = the small percussion is what i meant its a very key part of the song 

and he isn't playing off slash and duffs liking - its off of axl's minnie me 

go watch Axl and Duff's interview from 2016, see him talk how Slash and Duff have their own way of dealing with the drummer INCLUDING the TEMPO.

1 minute ago, Duwz said:

you're missing the point

it's boring for a musician to play the same things that others did 20-30 years ago, and changing it doesn't make the band sound bad

i think thats where its not negotiable - if its too boring for him then touché - people that know guns know what they sounded like and wanted to hear that sound again but this has been denied because its too boring for these session guys to perform or there just not good enough to do it - the latter is what is more probable 

3 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

go watch Axl and Duff's interview from 2016, see him talk how Slash and Duff have their own way of dealing with the drummer INCLUDING the TEMPO.

buddy u don't need to educate me on this interview - its coming from axls mouth which means i told them how the fuck i want it and they did it 

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i think thats where its not negotiable - if its too boring for him then touché - people that know guns know what they sounded like and wanted to hear that sound again but this has been denied because its too boring for these session guys to perform or there just not good enough to do it - the latter is what is more probable 

buddy u don't need to educate me on this interview - its coming from axls mouth which means i told them how the fuck i want it and they did it 

where exactly did Axl say that? 

2 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

where exactly did Axl say that? 

its him speaking in that interview nobody else saying that 

in all seriousness axl has the entire NITL by the balls he gave slash COMA and the rest of the instructions on how the songs are played are from him 

watch slash and duff outside of NITL they don't play songs in a rush 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u gotta be in the know to know 

no - in all seriousness axl has the entire NITL by the balls he gave slash COMA and the rest of the instructions on how the songs are played are from him 

watch slash and duff outside of NITL they don't play songs in a rush 

so you don't know? and these are coming from your own mind. I see how it is, fun talking to you. I'll enjoy the shows, you go cry there in Iowa ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

so you don't know? and these are coming from your own mind. I see how it is, fun talking to you. I'll enjoy the shows, you go cry there in Iowa ;)

According to that poster Slash openly hates Frank and hates playing with him, based on his interpretation of Slash's body language that is far from anything but subjective

I think a lot of is, anything that isn't Izzy or Adler being there = never good enough in the eyes of some people and I love those peeps too but not enough to make up random things out of thin air

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

According to that poster Slash openly hates Frank and hates playing with him, based on his interpretation of Slash's body language that is far from anything but subjective

I think a lot of is, anything that isn't Izzy or Adler being there = never good enough in the eyes of some people and I love those peeps too but not enough to make up random things out of thin air

Agreed. I'm an AFD5 fan myself, used to curse on Frank and Fortus. But seeing how tight of a unit they are now that changed. Maybe the low amount of ego from these guys keep the band balanced. I love Matt too, wished he was in the reunion but looking at it now he has a reputation for his ego especially with Axl. Had he joined in I don't know if they can last as a unit at all.

To people that are dissapointed about the setlist. Wow... ok, just stop care or reading updates then. Its not like you went to a show or u made an effort. Yeah yeah you downloaded the leaks, that mean you are a die hard fan and deserve something. U contibute nothing from a forum.

P.S Arent u guys old enough to care if Frank plays faster, or Axl sings like Mickey? Its 2019, we ve seen it all from the guys. Relax.

• Like 1