The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, avahland said:

What does this band have to do with jarmo

3 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

And that’s actually Jarmo? I never knew his last name.

Yes it's his profile. I'm not friends with the dude so I can't see his posts

27 minutes ago, betterman said:

Jarmo is a big fan of Mark Lanegan, I dont see that he has done something wrong here..

I can see both sides of this one, but overall, nothing to make a fuss about IMO. 

Honestly, if Team Brazil or Axl or whoever just came out and said "we aren't interested in new music - we're having a lot of fun touring" or something to that effect, then as much as it's not what we want to hear at least it's an honest update. The cryptic bullshit with this band is just laughable at this point.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Honestly, if Team Brazil or Axl or whoever just came out and said "we aren't interested in new music - we're having a lot of fun touring" or something to that effect, then as much as it's not what we want to hear at least it's an honest update. The cryptic bullshit with this band is just laughable at this point.

I would welcome such a straightforward, honest approach. 

• Like 2

Guys, Axl himself has stated he wishes to release more music under the GnR name.

I think he really does, the question is what stops him from doing it. I believe the hype Chinese Democracy created was his worst enemy. He is such a legend for hard rock, metal music. 

I think it must have been very hard for him to create a new band after Slash and Duff departed, something that would be up to his taste and the level everyone expected him to reach, and at the same time create new modern music. 

I hope he someday describes at least a bit of the hell he must have gone through, and I'm not even considering his personal issues he may have gone through.

We as fans, are angry we dont get new music, and get even angrier when we get leaks that we really enjoy, like the last songs we got that I personally love.

I guess Slash and Duff being back will make us get new music. Responsability is not just on Axls shoulders now, any success or failure will lay on the three of them.

BECAUSE OF ALL THESE THINGS I BELIEVE THEY DONT SAY THEY DONT WANT TO RELEASE NEW MUSIC, JUST BECAUSE THEY DO AND EVENTUALLY WILL. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I would welcome such a straightforward, honest approach. 

You and me both brother, I absolutely would love confirmation of something; even if it means they're doing Nothing. This stuff with Fernando on reddit is making me antsy, having to distract myself with other new music. 

I wonder if GN'R would be more inclined to do another acoustic album/EP. Something that'd be easy for Axl to sing on, and could be a good combination of Fortus's and Slash's playing. Plus I wouldn't be mad, as a huge Glen Campbell fan, if they did a cover of Wichita in the studio  

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Guys, Axl himself has stated he wishes to release more music under the GnR name.

I think he really does, the question is what stops him from doing it. I believe the hype Chinese Democracy created was his worst enemy. He is such a legend for hard rock, metal music. 

I think it must have been very hard for him to create a new band after Slash and Duff departed, something that would be up to his taste and the level everyone expected him to reach, and at the same time create new modern music. 

I hope he someday describes at least a bit of the hell he must have gone through, and I'm not even considering his personal issues he may have gone through.

We as fans, are angry we dont get new music, and get even angrier when we get leaks that we really enjoy, like the last songs we got that I personally love.

I guess Slash and Duff being back will make us get new music. Responsability is not just on Axls shoulders now, any success or failure will lay on the three of them.

BECAUSE OF ALL THESE THINGS I BELIEVE THEY DONT SAY THEY DONT WANT TO RELEASE NEW MUSIC, JUST BECAUSE THEY DO AND EVENTUALLY WILL. 

Fernando said last night that the label has never turned down anything to Axl. I asked "does that mean the reason there hasn't been music for 12 years is because Axl was just not interested on releasing anything" and he said he couldn't answer to that

3 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Fernando said last night that the label has never turned down anything to Axl. I asked "does that mean the reason there hasn't been music for 12 years is because Axl was just not interested on releasing anything" and he said he couldn't answer to that

I don't think he would admit that happening though. Guess we'll never know

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Are you talking about the Discord chat? What do you even know if that was him?

I mean, we're not even sure that is him on Reddit, let alone Discord

9 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Are you talking about the Discord chat? What do you even know if that was him?

I mean, we're not even sure that is him on Reddit, let alone Discord

It's him on Reddit, he has already been using that account for a while, not only on Gn'R communities, he has even posted personal pictures in other communities. And yes, it was him, that was Fernando, it was his voice, I talked with him.