The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Who was it? To my recollection, MSL buried the little nugget of info within an unrelated thread on his forum.

BLACK FRIDAY release? I'd totally be down.

For album titles, I like AbsurdStay of Execution, and even Not in This Lifetime.

It was Warchild (aka Jim/mojo), in a conversation with GTrunk.

Edited by Pele

16 minutes ago, Pele said:

The other thing to point out is it's likely Rose had virtually noting to do with these instrumentals.  They were submitted by various members and are likely left completely untouched,

This I Love is obviously his.  Madagascar organ is his.  Maybe some of the Prostitute/Street of Dreams music.

• Chinese Democracy - Josh Freese riff
  • Shacklers - Buckethead demo
  • Sorry - Buckethead instrumental
  • Better - Robin riff
  • Silkworms - written by Dizzy/Chris
  • Going Down - Tommy song
  • The General - Brain song (according to Dizzy)

For the abooce, these were existing songs where Rose added lyrics.

Discussions about the songs we haven't heard paint a very clear picture that Rose isn't creating these songs.

Ides of March

'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Seven
"...we were writing all these songs to try and turn in. Xtract is sort of this old school DJ type, he’s a bass player but he loves old school break beats and you know, cratedigger type of guy. So, the shit we were putting together was crazy. We were going ‘OK what sample should we find for Axl? Well he’s sort of like Julius Ceasar’ so we were trying to sample stuff that reflected that. We were looking for old school, crazy shit and I think we sampled Ben-Hur, chopped it up, cut it up and that became a jam, I think we called it ‘Seven’."  (Brain Interview)

Interestingly, Ben Hur was filmed in Circus Maximus so it's likely that is that song.

Down by The Ocean:

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

As it Began

This became 'Goodbye' by Saivu (which was a collaberation of Richard Fortus and Norwegian musician Lásse Kvernmo), so likely untouched by Rose and passed on to Richard.

I think it should be obvious to anyone that PRL, Moustache, Zodiac, Tonto, Real Doll dot com, Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D-Tune, Curly Shuffle, The Rebel etc were submitted by Brain, Bucket, Robin etc and completely untouched by Rose.

Are you calling Axl "Rose" because it's cool or cause that's what insiders do?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Absolutely. Axl is usually rather meticulous about getting facts straight. If Axl says something, I am inclined to believe him or at least take it as the truth as he sees it. That doesn't mean he is always right, and there are often two or more sides to a story, but I usually trust that he is saying the truth as he knows it.

Haha please.

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks."

He told us we'd have 28 songs on Chinese, and it was the first part of a trilogy.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Can someone do this?

Nov 26 is also the day after Thanksgiving aka Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year). That would be a great release day for a new album. Get everyone hyped up about it beforehand then release on Black Friday.

Little too late for that. They should've done a live album several years ago.

I would be ok with that.

Do you now

Yup

That is true, Susan has leaked some pretty important info in the past.

At the very least, I bet they release Absurd with possibly Hard School as the b side for the Record Store Day Black Friday sale. They did that for SOYL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

Haha please.

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks."

He told us we'd have 28 songs on Chinese, and it was the first part of a trilogy.

28 songs doesn't fit on one CD. Perhaps on two. And don't forget the Making of Estranged video: "Part 4 of the trilogy". Maybe there are two parts of the trilogy this time. ;)

31 minutes ago, Pele said:

The other thing to point out is it's likely Rose had virtually noting to do with these instrumentals.  They were submitted by various members and are likely left completely untouched,

This I Love is obviously his.  Madagascar organ is his.  Maybe some of the Prostitute/Street of Dreams music.

• Chinese Democracy - Josh Freese riff
  • Shacklers - Buckethead demo
  • Sorry - Buckethead instrumental
  • Better - Robin riff
  • Silkworms - written by Dizzy/Chris
  • Going Down - Tommy song
  • The General - Brain song (according to Dizzy)

For the abooce, these were existing songs where Rose added lyrics.

Discussions about the songs we haven't heard paint a very clear picture that Rose isn't creating these songs.

Ides of March

'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Seven
"...we were writing all these songs to try and turn in. Xtract is sort of this old school DJ type, he’s a bass player but he loves old school break beats and you know, cratedigger type of guy. So, the shit we were putting together was crazy. We were going ‘OK what sample should we find for Axl? Well he’s sort of like Julius Ceasar’ so we were trying to sample stuff that reflected that. We were looking for old school, crazy shit and I think we sampled Ben-Hur, chopped it up, cut it up and that became a jam, I think we called it ‘Seven’."  (Brain Interview)

Interestingly, Ben Hur was filmed in Circus Maximus so it's likely that is that song.

Down by The Ocean:

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

As it Began

This became 'Goodbye' by Saivu (which was a collaberation of Richard Fortus and Norwegian musician Lásse Kvernmo), so likely untouched by Rose and passed on to Richard.

I think it should be obvious to anyone that PRL, Moustache, Zodiac, Tonto, Real Doll dot com, Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D-Tune, Curly Shuffle, The Rebel etc were submitted by Brain, Bucket, Robin etc and completely untouched by Rose.

Marco Belrami said none of the songs he worked on had Vocals.

Axl played Oklamona for Rolling Stone - it had no vocal.

Wasn’t the only instrumental that had No Vocals beside it on the Village Discs Zodiac? The rest of them just said Instrumental right? Makes me think there is a version of Zodiac out there with Vocals

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If they have a track list that would mean it’s in the can. That being said, I’m still betting on 2022... or never

My bet too… all this hype wil die out soon and the silence will continue.. the tour will go on and on for another few years..:facepalm:

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

At the very least, I bet they release Absurd with possibly Hard School as the b side for the Record Store Day Black Friday sale. They did that for SOYL.

That would be cool.

I was talking to someone I know in LA who's involved with music stuff out there and he told me that they have a bunch of songs done but he doesn't know if they're going to do an actual album or not. Make of that what you will.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Classic "insider" tactic - make a bunch of predictions and if one of them turns out to be true claim you knew all along.

That said, I am a lot more optimistic about a new album happening now than I have been since 2016.

It was a very specific statement from a guy who lives for this band and is utterly obsessed.

My disdain for that individual is no secret, but anyone in the know now realizes what he is.

It makes the old posts he made on this very site (publicly viewable) take on a different perspective in hindsight. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, okay. So you, although not an "insider" (as you yourself said) saw the list with Perhaps in 2011, but the rest of the hardcore forum fans didn't see it before 2019.

I can vouch that that list is real, and saw it at least ten years ago as well.

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I can vouch that that list is real, and saw it at least ten years ago as well.

Thanks.  

It was circulated via quite a few.

So all the people thinking I'm deluded for suggesting KOHD is on the album, there was some basis behind it.

So either you're all right and he has an albums worth of songs ready to go.

Or I'm right and if a new album surfaces, it will be scraped together with the stuff he's already got, like Silkworms, OMG, Atlas, Perhaps, General, Hardskool, KOTH and other covers and Duff songs.

Edited by Pele

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be cool.

I was talking to someone I know in LA who's involved with music stuff out there and he told me that they have a bunch of songs done but he doesn't know if they're going to do an actual album or not. Make of that what you will.

Sounds like he know as much as us visiting this forum knows. Which ain't much.

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

Or I'm right and if a new album surfaces, it will be scraped together with the stuff he's already got, like Silkworms, OMG, Atlas, Perhaps, General, Hardskool, KOTH and other covers and Duff songs.

There was an internal document that talked about KOHD.

001. Sheng Tang Music Festival PDF

002. DJ Ashba's contract

003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR

004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR

005. Doc's 2011 plan powerpoint

006. Better_Gone.mp3

007. January 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

009. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 1)

010. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 2)

011. Chinese Democracy band member payments and recoupment

012. Chinese Democracy band producer charts

013. January 2010 Axl email complaining about Dr. Dre

014. October 2009 Axl email to Bumblefoot about Duff rejoining

015. December 2009 Brain email submitting Better remix to Fernando

016. Better video treatment v1

017. Chinese Democracy World Tour Income & Expenses

018. 2009 Band Rehearsal Expenses

019. Tour Income & Expense Summary Production rehearsals (11/09)

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

021. 2010 Europe Leg #2 Budget Summary

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

024. January 2009 email discussing possible replacements for Robin

025. January 2010 email discussing new versions of Knockin' on Heaven's Door

026. January 2011 Caram Castanzo email complaining about back pay

027. July 2010 email outlining 2011 tour plans, including co-headliners

028. Better video treatment v2

029. June 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks & second album

030. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 1)

031. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 2)

032. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 3)

033. July 2008 Axl letter to Robin about leaks

034. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 1)

035. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 2)

036. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 3)

037. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 4)

038. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 5)

039. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 6)

040. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 7)

041. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 8)

042. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 9)

043. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 10)

044. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 11)

045. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 12)

046. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 13)

047. January 2008 Shanghai and Beijing festival offers

048. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 1)

049. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 2)

050. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 1)

051. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 2)

052. December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde

053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer

054. April 2006 Axl Rose tour rider

055. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 1)

056. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 2)

057. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 3)

058. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 4)

059. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 5)

060. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 6)

061. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 7)

062. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 8)

063. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 1)

064. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 2)

065. June 2008 Brain email about which producers deserve credit

066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram

067. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 1)

068. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 2)

069. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 3)

070. January 2008 Fernando email listing Axl enemies / Slash allies

071. January 2008 Sebastian Bach email about entering rehab

072. February 2010 Axl email making NY plans

073. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 1)

074. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 2)

075. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 1)

076. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 2)

077. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 3)

078. October 2009 Beta/Dizzy conversation about everyone wanting Tommy out

079. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 1)

080. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 2)

081. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 3)

082. February 2007 Unpaid studio and producer invoices

083. March 2009 email outlining the tour dates with Van Halen

084. March 2006 Band and crew rehearsal payroll

085. August 2009 Dizzy email begging for update from Beta

086. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 1)

087. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 2)

088. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 1)

089. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 2)

090. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 3)

091. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 1)

092. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 2)

093. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 3)

094. April 2010 DJ Ashba email to Doc about Axl wanting to fire DJ

095. April 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR and insisting DJ Ashba be sued

096. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 1)

097. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 2)

098. January 2008 Axl letter detailing his uncensored thoughts on Slash

099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album

100. "The Honor of Thieves 2" - Axl book about the break-up of GNR

101. December 2010 Doc email about Tommy refusing to play in Abu Dhabi

• GNFNR 2

29 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be cool.

An EP at least would do…depends on what qualifies as ‘a bunch’….🤣…..I still going with album!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

There was an internal document that talked about KOHD.

001. Sheng Tang Music Festival PDF

002. DJ Ashba's contract

003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR

004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR

005. Doc's 2011 plan powerpoint

006. Better_Gone.mp3

007. January 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

009. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 1)

010. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 2)

011. Chinese Democracy band member payments and recoupment

012. Chinese Democracy band producer charts

013. January 2010 Axl email complaining about Dr. Dre

014. October 2009 Axl email to Bumblefoot about Duff rejoining

015. December 2009 Brain email submitting Better remix to Fernando

016. Better video treatment v1

017. Chinese Democracy World Tour Income & Expenses

018. 2009 Band Rehearsal Expenses

019. Tour Income & Expense Summary Production rehearsals (11/09)

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

021. 2010 Europe Leg #2 Budget Summary

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

024. January 2009 email discussing possible replacements for Robin

025. January 2010 email discussing new versions of Knockin' on Heaven's Door

026. January 2011 Caram Castanzo email complaining about back pay

027. July 2010 email outlining 2011 tour plans, including co-headliners

028. Better video treatment v2

029. June 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks & second album

030. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 1)

031. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 2)

032. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 3)

033. July 2008 Axl letter to Robin about leaks

034. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 1)

035. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 2)

036. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 3)

037. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 4)

038. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 5)

039. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 6)

040. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 7)

041. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 8)

042. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 9)

043. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 10)

044. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 11)

045. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 12)

046. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 13)

047. January 2008 Shanghai and Beijing festival offers

048. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 1)

049. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 2)

050. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 1)

051. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 2)

052. December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde

053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer

054. April 2006 Axl Rose tour rider

055. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 1)

056. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 2)

057. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 3)

058. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 4)

059. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 5)

060. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 6)

061. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 7)

062. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 8)

063. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 1)

064. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 2)

065. June 2008 Brain email about which producers deserve credit

066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram

067. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 1)

068. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 2)

069. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 3)

070. January 2008 Fernando email listing Axl enemies / Slash allies

071. January 2008 Sebastian Bach email about entering rehab

072. February 2010 Axl email making NY plans

073. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 1)

074. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 2)

075. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 1)

076. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 2)

077. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 3)

078. October 2009 Beta/Dizzy conversation about everyone wanting Tommy out

079. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 1)

080. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 2)

081. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 3)

082. February 2007 Unpaid studio and producer invoices

083. March 2009 email outlining the tour dates with Van Halen

084. March 2006 Band and crew rehearsal payroll

085. August 2009 Dizzy email begging for update from Beta

086. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 1)

087. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 2)

088. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 1)

089. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 2)

090. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 3)

091. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 1)

092. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 2)

093. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 3)

094. April 2010 DJ Ashba email to Doc about Axl wanting to fire DJ

095. April 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR and insisting DJ Ashba be sued

096. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 1)

097. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 2)

098. January 2008 Axl letter detailing his uncensored thoughts on Slash

099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album

100. "The Honor of Thieves 2" - Axl book about the break-up of GNR

101. December 2010 Doc email about Tommy refusing to play in Abu Dhabi

That is old news and has nothing to do with a new album

• Like 3