The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

32 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

What else could he possibly say?

He's trying to safe face so he can keep his "cool" image intact without coming across as Axl's bitch only in it for the money.

to me what Slash said there is not surprising or negative. I think it's like it always been since the reunion: Axl decides when, how, and how much when it comes to "new" releases and if Axl wants his help to make it happen, he has no problem doing it like he did with "lots" of unreleased Chinese material according to him. We already know they didn't work on brand new material.

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This. 

I haven't heard the new RHCP yet, but I listen to a shit ton of artists other than GN'R. There's a TON of albums I like as much or more than anything from GN'R, all of which have been released since Chinese Democracy was released. 

It would be great if GN'R put out a lot of new music, but they don't and never will. I stopped holding my breath for that a long, long time ago. Thankfully, they far from the only artist I enjoy new music from. 

Metallica releases since 2008 (ChiDem release)

- 2008 : Death Magnetic

- 2009 : Orgullo, pasión y gloria (Live)

- 2010 Big 4 (Live)

- 2010: Six feet down under (Live EP)

- 2011: Beyond Magnetic (Death Magnetic leftovers)

- 2011: Lulu (Ft. Lou Reed) 

- 2016: Hardwired....

- 2019: Helping hands (Live acoustic EP)

- 2020 Live in Argentina / Live in Chile (Live EP)

- 2020: S&M 2 (Live)

- 2021 Black album (reissue)

GNR releases since 2008

- 2008 Chinese democracy

- 2018 Appetite (Reissue)

- 2021 Absurd & Hardskool (Singles) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Metallica releases since 2008 (ChiDem release)

- 2008 : Death Magnetic

- 2009 : Orgullo, pasión y gloria (Live)

- 2010 Big 4 (Live)

- 2010: Six feet down under (Live EP)

- 2011: Beyond Magnetic (Death Magnetic leftovers)

- 2011: Lulu (Ft. Lou Reed) 

- 2016: Hardwired....

- 2019: Helping hands (Live acoustic EP)

- 2020 Live in Argentina / Live in Chile (Live EP)

- 2020: S&M 2 (Live)

- 2021 Black album (reissue)

GNR releases since 2008

- 2008 Chinese democracy

- 2018 Appetite (Reissue)

- 2021 Absurd & Hardskool (Singles) 

2013 or 14 - appetite for democracy

On 4/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Bitchisback said:

I actually listen to a ton of new music, and think there's a lot of great up and coming bands out there.  I much rather listen to music I am not as familiar with than music I've heard a hundred thousand times before.  The new RHCP still sucks tho dude

I’m not crazy about the new Chili Peppers album but this is relative to the remarkable Californication and BTW. Their new album is head and shoulders better than anything GNR has released since 1991. Which isn’t much. 

Guns N Roses has turned into a very unremarkable band, led by a dictator who spouts off messages of progressiveness while ruling over his band mates like a King. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Their new album is head and shoulders better than anything GNR has released since 1991. Which isn’t much.

to you. Unlimited Love doesn't even come close in quality to Chinese Democracy imo.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

to you. Unlimited Love doesn't even come close in quality to Chinese Democracy imo.

To me and the rest of the civilized world I suppose. Pound for pound it’s a better album. And I’m not happy about that, but CD’s shortcomings are difficult to get past considering how much better in essence many of the earlier mixes and even the initial live performances were as was the case for The Blues and Madagascar. 

16 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

To me and the rest of the civilized world I suppose. Pound for pound it’s a better album. And I’m not happy about that, but CD’s shortcomings are difficult to get past considering how much better in essence many of the earlier mixes and even the initial live performances were as was the case for The Blues and Madagascar. 

I don't judge music quality based on how popular it is or find it difficult to get past the artistic choices I dislike about Chinese, cause what I do like about it is very enjoyable but to each his own I suppose.

Edited by Rovim

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I don't judge music quality based on how popular it is or find it difficult to get past the artistic choices I dislike about Chinese, cause what I do like about it is very enjoyable but to each his own I suppose.

I tend to agree with the point you are initially making however in the case of CD, you need to reckon that an album that was so elusive and had such a historic buildup around its inception and release still managed to sell so poorly and was received without much fanfare. This speaks volumes as to how the final product failed to spark much interest, even from a hungry fan base. 

• Like 1

Just now, smokingarthur said:

I tend to agree with the point you are initially making however in the case of CD, you need to reckon that an album that was so elusive and had such a historic buildup around its inception and release still managed to sell so poorly and was received without much fanfare. This speaks volumes as to how the final product failed to spark much interest, even from a hungry fan base. 

but I like the final product. Don't care about the other shit tbh.

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but I like the final product. Don't care about the other shit tbh.

I have always liked the demo's more than the final product :shrugs:

Brian May solo on Catcher in the Rye was great for example. And the TWAT demo didn't have too many weird sounds added to it. It was great.

The final CD was a bit of a letdown. It had so much potential, but didn't deliver.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lethalis said:

I have always liked the demo's more than the final product :shrugs:

Brian May solo on Catcher in the Rye was great for example. And the TWAT demo didn't have too many weird sounds added to it. It was great.

The final CD was a bit of a letdown.

the demos are also pretty good. Prefer the Catcher demo, but TWAT without Bucket's outro doesn't work for me. I think there were some improvements made to the released version and some changes that detracted from it but was far from a letdown for me.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

My main gripe with Chinese is the lack of bass. Some of those earlier mixes were much better for it. "Riad" locker leak is an absolute headbanger with the heavier bass and the louder synth.

Overall, I prefer the studio record.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jw224 said:

There Was a Time is one of the only ones that actually improved on the final album. The Village version sucks hard.

Correct.

In it's basic form, it's a very average song.  Decent verses, horrible chorus.

Buckethead really lifted it.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, allwaystired said:

Do they really 'hate' new music from every other band? Personally I just think the RHCP are a load of shit, and think Absurd is better than anything they've ever done.

I know music is subjective, but this is just plain wrong.

I'm no fan of RHCP.  In fact, I say I'd dislike them, however hung round with people who listened to Californication and By The Way non stop, so I know those albums fairly well.  I'm not into either, but every song on both albums was better than Silkworms.  I'd say every one of them was better than Scraped too.

Most of them were better than Atlas Shrugged, Catcher, If the World and Riad too.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, thanks for letting me know songs I don't like by RHCP are better than ones I do like by GNR. 

There was I thinking I knew my own tastes. Shocked to hear I've been "just plain wrong" all this time. 

I'm off to buy Californication and By The Way and throw away my copies of Hardskool and Chinese Democracy. I've seen the light! 

Cute answer - but you're genuinely saying Silkworms is better than any \rhcp song, then expect to be called out on it.

It's worse than any Avril Levine song.

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

My main gripe with Chinese is the lack of bass. Some of those earlier mixes were much better for it. "Riad" locker leak is an absolute headbanger with the heavier bass and the louder synth.

Overall, I prefer the studio record.

Riad and particularly the title track were awesome on the Village demos. In fact if I want to the listen to the title track - Village is the way to go….proper stripped back and raw.

• Like 3

Just now, Pele said:

Cute answer - but you're genuinely saying Silkworms is better than any \rhcp song, then expect to be called out on it.

It's worse than any Avril Levine song.

In your opinion. 

We're not dealing with facts here. I know it's clearly a difficult concept for you to grasp. 

Out of interest, why does it seem to annoy you quite as much as it does when people say they like Silkworms? It's pretty strange. 

On 4/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, agustingloger said:

I tried to listen the Chili peppers new album and is really really bad. I'm affraid now if GN'R drops a new album and sucks too. I think HS is better than any Chill's new ones but at least they released an album with 17 NEW songs. And they reunited with Frusciante how long now? Why is that hard with GNR?

On 4/6/2022 at 9:01 PM, smokingarthur said:

I hate the fact that I’m not digging the new Chili Peppers album, not at all. I was hoping for more Californication or By The Way type music. There’s nothing remotely close. 

I agree, I was really let down by the RHCP record. There's stuff on the Josh albums that's better than this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

In your opinion. 

We're not dealing with facts here. I know it's clearly a difficult concept for you to grasp. 

Out of interest, why does it seem to annoy you quite as much as it does when people say they like Silkworms? It's pretty strange. 

Do you think Get In The Ring is cool too?

Do you get excited when the rap kicks in?

Do you chant along with the part that goes "I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice, PAIN!!!!"

Do your eyes bulge and your mouth froth as you scream PAIN!!! with so much passion, because it's just so cool?

• Confused 2