The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

35 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Because we didn’t talk or search them enough. Although I’ll be the first to admit I have no clue how Soul Monster caught on under that same logic.

It’s both funny and sad that when the number of songs popping up eludes to an album rather than an EP or two from GNR, it immediately becomes clear that it must not be real. 😆

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

25 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

It's still the same result in Germany, "Atlas shr" pulling up GNR immediately and "State of grace" obviously being connected with GNR as well as it pulls up "Hard skool" in the Songs list on number 23.

That's it, no "Soul Mon" , no "The General", no "Perhaps", nothing else.

I have zero results on spotify here in Germany... Not a single GNR reference... 

I guess if we're really stretching it, an EP can still be 5 songs. Or let's go an extra step here- let's say they include Hard Skool and ABSURD, and a cover of Wichita or something. That would technically be an album. The issue is do we really expect GnR to surprise drop an album currently, when touring without any new songs (I guess the counter-argument is Hard Skool and Absurd could be the promotional songs), but also promoting a UYI box that they'll probably sit on for years?

There's too many things working against us right now. I just can't envision this anymore, as much as I'd like to. I would love to be proven wrong and would like to keep hearing arguments for why this can work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I guess if we're really stretching it, an EP can still be 5 songs. Or let's go an extra step here- let's say they include Hard Skool and ABSURD, and a cover of Wichita or something. That would technically be an album. The issue is do we really expect GnR to surprise drop an album currently, when touring without any new songs (I guess the counter-argument is Hard Skool and Absurd could be the promotional songs), but also promoting a UYI box that they'll probably sit on for years?

There's too many things working against us right now. I just can't envision this anymore, as much as I'd like to. I would love to be proven wrong and would like to keep hearing arguments for why this can work.

Most Stones albums were only 10 tracks. 🥸

…But seriously, for this to be real GNR would have to commit to doing something this wild under wraps. I can’t see them going there, just can’t.

Edited by sofine11

17 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Away from the algorithm thing but still on topic. If there is a new album I'd kind of like to see Teddy zig zag

AAAaaaa I got Teddy to play on a few tracks on my album lol (I am a literal nobody; it was just a simple reach out/"hey, could I hire you to play harmonica and B3 on a few of my songs??" Was pretty awesome haha)

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, there is no dana only zool said:

AAAaaaa I got Teddy to play on a few tracks on my album lol (I am a literal nobody; it was just a simple reach out/"hey, could I hire you to play harmonica and B3 on a few of my songs??" Was pretty awesome haha)

That's awesome man.

I'm now listening to Walk on by (west's demo version) Would be great if they had some of his old stuff of his they could use given how many of there songs have his fingerprints on.

One unanswered question I still have regarding this is why do GNR demos show up like this, but no other bands' demos? I spent a bit of time searching other well known demos from various bands and almost nothing showed the band, unless the band specifically had played that demo live and released it on a live album.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

One unanswered question I still have regarding this is why do GNR demos show up like this, but no other bands' demos? I spent a bit of time searching other well known demos from various bands and almost nothing showed the band, unless the band specifically had played that demo live and released it on a live album.

Because these songs are ready to be released, are not demos anymore. I know ots difficult to understand ;) or someone is fucking with us (with spotify-sources)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

Because these songs are ready to be released, are not demos anymore. I know ots difficult to understand ;) or someone is fucking with us (with spotify-sources)

It's questions like these why I keep coming back to this case, and oddities that made me wish even if people think we are going crazy (which they are maybe right) they at least understood why we keep researching these things Lol

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I'm starting to agree with those that said the underwhelming response to the singles might have killed an interest in putting more out. Fernando was very active in teasing this stuff in 2019/2020/2021, then the Hard Skool release happened, and now nothing. You know they don't care if there's no real profit.

I don't know if they got that much of n underwhelming response did they? 

I mean, they weren't promoted, advertised, all that stuff, and it's a coue of songs from an old rock band who have spent years trading on nostalgia....given those circumstances there's a limit to what sort of response you'll get. Perhaps there was a thought that they'd get huge amounts of attention in the charts etc? That stuff takes work....and there didn't seem to be a desire to do that. 

I think Hardskool seemed to go down well though, in terms of what people thought? 

• Like 4

Just now, allwaystired said:

I don't know if they got that much of n underwhelming response did they? 

I mean, they weren't promoted, advertised, all that stuff, and it's a coue of songs from an old rock band who have spent years trading on nostalgia....given those circumstances there's a limit to what sort of response you'll get. Perhaps there was a thought that they'd get huge amounts of attention in the charts etc? That stuff takes work....and there didn't seem to be a desire to do that. 

I think Hardskool seemed to go down well though, in terms of what people thought? 

I was thinking more along the lines of the physical copies. What was the point of making vinyl and cassette editions except to make some cash off hardcore fans? I think if they sold as much as they wanted Fernando wouldn't have checked out since then.

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the physical copies. What was the point of making vinyl and cassette editions except to make some cash off hardcore fans? I think if they sold as much as they wanted Fernando wouldn't have checked out since then.

Ah right. To be honest, I thought that was really cool as they weren't especially expensive and recognized that fans want a physical copy. 

No-one would expect a cassette single to be shifting loads of copies would they? I picked up the CD single and was really pleased to be given the option of buying it for the collection. 

It comes back to the thing that always gets me about GNR- they make it fairly clear they're all about cash, then don't release/do stuff which fans would gladly pay for. Those physical singles i saw as a step in the right direction- something I actively wanted to have at a reasonable price! 

Edited by allwaystired

6 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Hardcore fans asked for physical copies though, so I don't blame them for releasing them (although there were shortcomings like not including the studio version of Absurd in the 7''.

• Like 1