The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 10/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, SoulMonster said:

Of course you can feel frustrated. I didn't say you can't or shouldn't. It was your comment that there can't be any justifiable reason for the low output, that I reacted to. There could be many reasons and they don't have to justify themselves to anyone, including us. 

One could feel they’re owed something when members of the band keep leading fans on to think they actually do want to release new music. Someone tells you they’re gonna do something, you expect them to do it

Edit: didnt realize this was an old post

Edited by Jakey Styley

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

https://leaked.cx/data/audio/17/17227-82422e90181b03777aadbc6a3b58c6cd.mp3

Good and bad news lol. Good news is he followed through. Bad news is the person passing this off as gnr has no idea at all, total 🃏 lol. 

lol no way i'd have laid money on him not getting back to you.

Still not GN'R though. shame. Think we used up all our luck as far as leaks go in 2019. Probably wont be another until 2037 and that will probably be The Blue's Drums Down mix 3 or something.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

lol no way i'd have laid money on him not getting back to you.

Still not GN'R though. shame. Think we used up all our luck as far as leaks go in 2019. Probably wont be another until 2037 and that will probably be The Blue's Drums Down mix 3 or something.

Do you recognise the artist though? I'll try and help him identify his stash if I can, just incase he does come across anything in future. 

1 minute ago, jimisbatman said:

Do you recognise the artist though? I'll try and help him identify his stash if I can, just incase he does come across anything in future. 

I don't. It sounds quite generic

What I will say is the Audio watermark on the two clips is something a few labels did in the early 2000's before a song was released. Idea being if the song leaked then at least it wasn't the unblemished version. Also different watermarks on a same song could help isolate who had been sloppy and let something out there that was not meant to be.

The only example I ever heard of this on something purporting to be GN'R was a song called Blue Rose that someone was shopping around maybe 10 years ago, The watermark said AVS media demo, I think I have a clip somewhere on an external but regardless it wasn't GN'R. I don't know maybe the same person could be involved. Either that or they faked the watermark to make it seem more legit. ( which is easy to do)

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I don't. It sounds quite generic

What I will say is the Audio watermark on the two clips is something a few labels did in the early 2000's before a song was released. Idea being if the song leaked then at least it wasn't the unblemished version. Also different watermarks on a same song could help isolate who had been sloppy and let something out there that was not meant to be.

The only example I ever heard of this on something purporting to be GN'R was a song called Blue Rose that someone was shopping around maybe 10 years ago, The watermark said AVS media demo, I think I have a clip somewhere on an external but regardless it wasn't GN'R. I don't know maybe the same person could be involved. Either that or they faked the watermark to make it seem more legit. ( which is easy to do)

Wow, I didnt even know this information, that's some real detective stuff going on. Thanks for this. Regardless, it does sound very generic/bland rock music. 

7 hours ago, LandOla said:

I'm not able to find the new UYI III album anywhere. Wasn't it released today?

Oh it did. If you pick the Deluxe version of UYI II on Spotify and squint a little bit you can just about turn the "II" into a "III" and enjoy the live tracks as our new album.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I really can’t wait for all this UYI re-release shit to pass.

Same here. But for once it’s nice to see a nice handful of people are excited and happy about Guns N Roses. Even if it is just an Old Guns Blu-Ray that costs $200+ 

Nevertheless. Nice seeing people happy again for once. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I really can’t wait for all this UYI re-release shit to pass.

I feel the same way, and it’s all because GNR have been so lame in regard to new music. Putting new music aside, though, the UYI box set is overpriced as fuck AND doesn’t include all the tracks. That discouraged me completely from even giving a shit at the moment. I’d love to watch the blu-ray concert, but I’m not gonna pay $200 to $500 for it. Does the super deluxe even come with downloadable tracks like Locked and Loaded?

The marketing for the box set has been lame too. They’ve done the bare minimum. I would have loved a song or two from the Ritz concert on YouTube rather than the spliced together video or the visualizer. Or just the option to purchase the concert by itself for $30.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I would have loved a song or two from the Ritz concert on YouTube rather than the spliced together video or the visualizer. 

They should have definitely done that.  Still time to do it. It would probably sell them a few more copies too.  Yesterday I was thinking they should post the Patience performance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I feel the same way, and it’s all because GNR have been so lame in regard to new music. Putting new music aside, though, the UYI box set is overpriced as fuck AND doesn’t include all the tracks. That discouraged me completely from even giving a shit at the moment. I’d love to watch the blu-ray concert, but I’m not gonna pay $200 to $500 for it. Does the super deluxe even come with downloadable tracks like Locked and Loaded?

The marketing for the box set has been lame too. They’ve done the bare minimum. I would have loved a song or two from the Ritz concert on YouTube rather than the spliced together video or the visualizer. Or just the option to purchase the concert by itself for $30.

That’s the thing. Who the fuck in their right mind would spend that kind of cash on albums they already have? Yeah there’s  however many live songs but in the age of YouTube that’s barely a selling point. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

That’s the thing. Who the fuck in their right mind would spend that kind of cash on albums they already have? Yeah there’s  however many live songs but in the age of YouTube that’s barely a selling point. 

agreed. That shit is crazy expensive, kind of a dick move given that they also have many fans in Latin America and Asian (and Greece lmao) countries where people earn less. Also for 500 I can buy a fucking guitar and learn how to play all the songs myself lol

On a more positive note: I fucking love this Vegas Show. It's all I've been listening to this couple of days.

Edited by Sonic Reducer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Friday, the start of the final leg in Australia, is the last day it makes a lick of sense dropping new music until the touring starts up again next summer. 

Hoo boy.

Can’t see it happening this year now. Next year, if we’re lucky imo 

• Like 2