The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

it looks like it's only a matter of time until another Guns album is released. Next year is perfect, they have no reason to wait if the album has been turned over and they want to release it and support it with a tour right away.

I get the feeling Axl is pleased enough with how it turned out, Slash and Duff seem to really have a positive effect on him so even if it doesn't happen next year, I'm still almost certain we'll get another official release in some form and that's amazing.

If Axl wants to continue to release the album piece by piece next year, I'm cool with that as well.

They could be holding off until they are sure the tour is going to happen next summer.  With the COVID policies in some countries, it could be years until large gatherings are allowed with no risk of last minute cancellations due to "the numbers."

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

When I get on the PC later, I might have a look at the Wayback website and see what that database looked like in advance of the AC/DC and Iron Maiden releases….seeing as we know they were deffo recorded a few years ago and held back.

Might wanna get twa cans o' the Big Juicy in for that like! Has all the hallmarks of a wild night! Hahaha!

Edited by 19AT5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, klakly said:

I always thought that a real album would come out before the European dates, so around May 2022. But I read here that some people are talking about November. Why?

I saw November floated by some fan who said they had some inside info... I don't know, it seems unlikely, but not impossible. Biggest question from me is why go to to effort of a physical release of Hard Skool if you're releasing a full album in November. Clearly people are interested in rounding out their GNR collections, and maybe the EP is a very limited release? outside of that I feel like it's a waste of time.... especially when it receives zero promotion.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kever20 said:

I mean, it's true. Artists drop albums digitally all the time with little to no promotion. Markedly different than 2008. But it would be cool!

But there is a difference between artists like Beyonce, Saylor swift and even Bowie releasing surprise albums compared to GNR. 

If GNR did the surprise album and promoted half as well as Bowies album (once it was out) or the others then yeah! great idea! but if they release something without build and then don't promote the music then you're in the same scenario as this EP where half the fanbase have no idea there's new product out there!

44 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

They could be holding off until they are sure the tour is going to happen next summer.  With the COVID policies in some countries, it could be years until large gatherings are allowed with no risk of last minute cancellations due to "the numbers."

An album release won’t bring more people to the concerts. Release the album already (if it exists). 211126 seems fine to me. 

5 minutes ago, drlaban said:

An album release won’t bring more people to the concerts. Release the album already (if it exists). 211126 seems fine to me. 

Yeah you may have a point there. That a new GNR album is not going to generate a massive increase in ticket sales, which is what they are all about now. But it might give them more press... if they did any. 

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I saw November floated by some fan who said they had some inside info... I don't know, it seems unlikely, but not impossible. Biggest question from me is why go to to effort of a physical release of Hard Skool if you're releasing a full album in November. Clearly people are interested in rounding out their GNR collections, and maybe the EP is a very limited release? outside of that I feel like it's a waste of time.... especially when it receives zero promotion.

Hardskool/Absurd physical release is really for the hard-core fans. From what I understand the lable isn't really involved and you can't purchase from anywhere except the band's store. I don't see it having any affect personally.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Hardskool/Absurd physical release is really for the hard-core fans. From what I understand the lable isn't really involved and you can't purchase from anywhere except the band's store. I don't see it having any affect personally.

Good point!

58 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Aye, you have a point there. Perhaps neither are on this mythical album that has been discussed for the past 499 pages! I would be okay with that.

9 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Aye, you have a point there. Perhaps neither are on this mythical album that has been discussed for the past 499 pages! I would be okay with that.

I'd imagine that both definitely would be on the album. But who knows...

3 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

It would be pretty cool if the versions on the single are basically demos and we got new versions of both songs on the album with fresher, non 1999 vocals.

I happen to like the vocal tracks, I just wish the overall mixes were better. I would think an album from the label would be mixed better and properly mastered. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I happen to like the vocal tracks, I just wish the overall mixes were better. I would think an album from the label would be mixed better and properly mastered. 

The mixing and mastering on both Absurd and (mainly) Hard Skool is fucking terrible! Yet again just sounds like a Pro-Tools experiment. Fine for demos but for actual releases I would expect a more organic style recording. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

People will buy the shit of it only if the band and the label decide to do a proper marketing campaign. 

There's a reason why Hard Skool hasn't even surpassed Absurd in views and is being already forgotten with a pathetic amount of 1.6M views, when bands like AC/DC or Iron Maiden are pulling off 5, 6, 7 or even 10 million views per single. And those bands have been around forever, they don't have the Axl+Slash sales boost.

Back in 2016, even a compilation of Slash and Axl farts would've gotten 10M views without advertisement. Now it's too late IMO.

This is going to sound crazy optimistic, but maybe the reason Absurd and HS are released like this is because it's just something they want to put out there on their own, while the real album gets taken care of by the label. Would explain the lack of promotion, they are not going to sink their own money into it.

• Like 2

Well, to be fair, we do have two singles. I don't think the speculation here (which is fun, nobody is taking this seriously, I guess) is all that baseless. 

14 minutes ago, LAGuns87 said:

This is going to sound crazy optimistic, but maybe the reason Absurd and HS are released like this is because it's just something they want to put out there on their own, while the real album gets taken care of by the label. Would explain the lack of promotion, they are not going to sink their own money into it.

I've been thinking the same. Kinda like throw away songs to ease things out somehow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, to be fair, we do have two singles. I don't think the speculation here (which is fun, nobody is taking this seriously, I guess) is all that baseless. 

I've been thinking the same. Kinda like throw away songs to ease things out somehow.

I’m sure these two tracks will be on the album, and while “throw away” tracks probably isn’t how they look at them, they could be saving (forgive me) the “big guns” for the album release itself. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I’m sure these two tracks will be on the album, and while “throw away” tracks probably isn’t how they look at them, they could be saving (forgive me) the “big guns” for the album release itself. 

Yes. With Absurd as the opener. 

• ABSUЯD 1