The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Honestly? Money. That's why. I don't even buy physical releases anymore, and I ordered the CD and the vinyl knowing full well I have to wait for almost a year to get it. And if this theoretical album dropped between now and then, I'd cop that too.

I assume "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" will be on the full-length record, but it would be pretty awesome if they weren't. More songs is never a bad thing. Plus, it would make the "EP" we all ordered a little more special.

Everyone is complaining (and rightfully so) when there's no release... they are lazy, they aren't a band any more, they're a cash grab.

And now, when they decide to release something, than it's because the money :lol:

Every big band out there is doing it partly for the money. A band should release music and playing live shows... because they want to, because they're able to and of course because gor the money... What do you work for? Just for the experience 😆

After so many years of creative silence we should take something as what it is. New music of our favorite band. Nobody is forced to buy it. You don't like it? Fine, no need to give away your money. But if you wanna have a physical form of this release, than you have to pay for it. It's not a new system. It's like that for hundred of years now... :lol:

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm thinking about seeing RHCP next year when they are at MetLife Stadium. Tickets are pricey at $178. Is it worth it if they play for only 90 minutes? 

Absolutely. You cannot compare them to any incarnation of 21st century GNR. Especially now, with their incredible catalog. Seeing RHCP is a fucking treat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm thinking about seeing RHCP next year when they are at MetLife Stadium. Tickets are pricey at $178. Is it worth it if they play for only 90 minutes? 

Seeing John Frusciante alone will be worth the money. RHCP @ Earls Court in 2006 was my second gig ever (after GNR!) and I am so incredibly excited about his return.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Except for the singer.

Oh wait...

no one else can front the band except Anthony Kiedis. I think of him like the David Lee Roth of funk rock. Charismatic, with lyrics and vocal melodies that fit the music like a glove and also he doesn't just stand there. Yeah, he's not a good singer and doesn't play an instrument but there is a lot he brings to the table.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coma16 said:

At the same time, RHCP fans are hyped for consistently getting 65 minute concerts from their band. Granted, it's non-stop 65 minutes of excellence!

65 minutes of excellence? RHCP? 

Nah... those guys have periods where they give a shit, but a lot of the time they look like they are punching a clock (similar to GNR in 2019). 

Next big thing is Anthony sings flat for a lot of the show. John might give them a shot in the arm for a while, but I think they are just tired and that's fair enough after 30+yrs but I found it a slog watching them in 2018.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LandOla said:

I bet that the EP is a standalone thing. Neither one of those songs will be on the new album. Or at least I hope so...

Possible, but would be odd to release singles not supporting an album, though it has happened before with this band. Both singles don't sound like they are ready or mixed for an album though. So who knows.

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

this is not good. I'm planning on seeing them if they play here but the only question I ask myself after attending a concert is how many minutes of excellence? if it's under 65, the band can go fuck themselves.

When I saw them they played for 1hr 30

My show was a bit weird, it was probably for a more hardcore fan, like I wanted to hear the hits and some deeper cuts from BSSM and they skipped a good few of their biggest songs. Show was sold out and the band just didn't seem to give a toss. Hope your show is better though!

36 minutes ago, default_ said:

RHCP might not be as great as they used to be live these days but their gig is still a million times ahead of a current GNR one. So, if you had fun with GNR im sure you’ll love RHCP.

Not true, GNR have way more energy and Axl even as is now sings better than Anthony.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Everyone is complaining (and rightfully so) when there's no release... they are lazy, they aren't a band any more, they're a cash grab.

And now, when they decide to release something, than it's because the money :lol:

Every big band out there is doing it partly for the money. A band should release music and playing live shows... because they want to, because they're able to and of course because gor the money... What do you work for? Just for the experience 😆

After so many years of creative silence we should take something as what it is. New music of our favorite band. Nobody is forced to buy it. You don't like it? Fine, no need to give away your money. But if you wanna have a physical form of this release, than you have to pay for it. It's not a new system. It's like that for hundred of years now... :lol:

I wasn’t complaining though. I was responding to the question on why they’d do a “single” or “ep” physical release if an album was forthcoming. I’m happy with it. 

I've never seen the Chili Peppers phoning it in. But then again, I've never seen GnR phone it in either like a lot of people here say. I guess my definition of phoning it in is barely moving on stage and rushing through the setlist, and I've never seen either bands do that, in fact both bands are always quite energetic. 

Edited by EvanG