The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 minutes ago, bangbing said:

https://www.pedal-of-the-day.com/2022/01/09/weekly-interview-1-11-22-richard-fortus-of-guns-n-roses/ 

Richard Fortus new interview couple days ago. He says they are working on couple of exciting projects wit gnr, but cant really talk about it😂.  Almost 20years he has sais that there is something comin but cant really talk about it, must be awful to not be able to talk:(

He didn't even say the projects were with GNR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

He didn't even say the projects were with GNR.

Two questions in one so we don’t know what Richard is referring to. But, given the suggested secrecy, my take is that he’s referring to Guns

“What’s up next for Guns N’ Roses? What about any other new bands or upcoming projects?

I’m working on a couple of exciting projects, but nothing I can really get in to yet.”

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL at "my way". 

It's not "my may", it's the way normal hands operate. And no, GN'R does not keep anyone guessing. All of us know exactly what they're going to do, which is: as little as possible to still take in money. 

Spot on 

• Like 1

Just now, cineater said:

Stop expecting them to do it your way and you won't get so bummed.  We'd been bored with them along time ago if they followed the norm.  What crazy ass shit are they going to do next?  They keep you guessing.  It's their draw and they do it very well.  Probably not on purpose but it keeps us around.  :lol:

Is this a joke? They must have become the predictable band in the entire industry. 

The last 'crazy ass thing' they did was release a song loads of people  heard years ago! Hardy a wild ride. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I've been saying they are going to do the whole EP thing over and over again since it was first announced. Just seemed pretty obvious to me and something I'd expect this band to do. Maybe I'll be wrong but doubt it. 

Edited by Jw224

4 hours ago, cineater said:

Stop expecting them to do it your way and you won't get so bummed.  We'd been bored with them along time ago if they followed the norm.  What crazy ass shit are they going to do next?  They keep you guessing.  It's their draw and they do it very well.  Probably not on purpose but it keeps us around.  :lol:

No one is “guessing”…..

• GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL at "my way". 

It's not "my may", it's the way normal hands operate. And no, GN'R does not keep anyone guessing. All of us know exactly what they're going to do, which is: as little as possible to still take in money. 

There you go again.  You say you want them to be a normal band and do it the normal way.  No you don't.  Did you know 2 years ago there would be an EP coming out?  Did you know 10 years ago Slash and Duff would be back?  Does a 3 hour show equal doing as little as possible to still take in money?

You've been guessing all along, making bets and it's kept you engaged with this band.  Don't be bummed, you've been having a good time.  We've got a whole new year of ups and downs coming our way.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

So much comedy gold in just one post. 

Regarding the EP: not only is it the laziest EP they could've put together, on top of that, they're trying to triple dip on it to take as much money from fans as possible. The CD, 7" and now 12" variants all have slightly different tracklisings, which is them blatantly trying to take their hard core fans for money. 

Re: Slash & Duff coming back, you must not be very familiar with forum history. Not only have I said (for over a decade) that Slash & Duff would he back eventually, but I got destroyed for years because I had the nerve to say that. I was also the one who said for years that Slash & Duff would be the only ones to come back and that the general public wouldn't care as long as it was just Axl, Slash & Duff. People told me for years how wrong I was, yet here we are. 

Re: a 3 hour show. Yes, doing nearly the exact same show every night where the band is on auto pilot and Axl never prepares his voice is doing the least possible work to still take in money. 

Re: being engaged with the band, wrong again. I've made it clear for roughly 5 years now that the community on this forum is the only reason I stick around the forums. The friends I've made around the world through the forums matter far more to me than the commercial/corporate bore than GN'R has turned themselves into. 

12" variants?

Just now, jackparker123 said:

If it is indeed a 12" record I will probably once again be riding the Nightrain :lol::axl: :slash::duff::lol:

I can see fans joining to get that 12".

Personally, I already have SOYL on the Mr Brownstone 12" single and the 7" single from the L&L set. And I good if I don't have the studio version of Absurd. 

So I'm good with the HS 7" just to have the studio version of that. Again though, I could see others paying for Nightrain just to get the 12"

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I can see fans joining to get that 12".

Personally, I already have SOYL on the Mr Brownstone 12" single and the 7" single from the L&L set. And I good if I don't have the studio version of Absurd. 

So I'm good with the HS 7" just to have the studio version of that. Again though, I could see others paying for Nightrain just to get the 12"

I've not bothered ordering either vinyl yet so it would be quite a good option for me if does turn out to be a 12" record.

Currently I just have the CD ordered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

You guys either have reading comprehension issues or are trolling.

When all else fails, make an attempt to insult....what a surprise. 

This has been explained to you several times:

The item pictured on the GN'R website is a 12" single. 

There isn't enough room on a 7" single for the music they're saying will be on there. 

The term "7" single" is an obvious typo. 

Thej again, what would the vinyl collectors know on this site, right? 

Just now, jackparker123 said:

I've not bothered ordering either vinyl yet so it would be quite a good option for me if does turn out to be a 12" record.

Currently I just have the CD ordered.

Right on. That makes total sense for you in the case :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I wish they included a reworked OMG and Better instead of live songs. 

Perhaps these are on the shelf.

I feel we will get these for sure down the line. Minimal tweaking for release. 

I'd assumed that when S and D rejoined, Better would be released as a bonus studio track for a live release, as they were playing it with the different intro.

I'm here for it.