The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

When all else fails, make an attempt to insult....what a surprise. 

This has been explained to you several times:

The item pictured on the GN'R website is a 12" single. 

There isn't enough room on a 7" single for the music they're saying will be on there. 

The term "7" single" is an obvious typo. 

Thej again, what would the vinyl collectors know on this site, right? 

Right on. That makes total sense for you in the case :)

Are you saying that they can't fit ~6 minutes (for Absurd and Shadow) on one side at 33rpm?

Edited by Coma16
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wish they included a reworked OMG and Better instead of live songs. 

Perhaps these are on the shelf.

I’m not a big fan of Slash and Duff’s handiwork on Better and would rather they left officially released material alone, however, seen as Axl said OMG was a demo, I’m all for it featuring on a new album!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

Are you saying that they can't fit 7 minutes (for Absurd and Shadow) on one side at 33rpm?

aaaaaaaand we're done. I'm not going in circles with your obvious trolling on this. 

Enjoy your 12" single when it arrives :)

2 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Oh, c'mon, you Russ. We don't need another version of a released song!

Yes. I'm in for Oh My God, I Can't Denied This but for Better?!?!?!? No, not at all.

We need the "Chinese Democracy Sessions" 18 CD's boxset.

If they rework Oh My God I wonder if they can undo the alterations they did on Axl's voice. Hopefully they still have the original, unaltered recording since I'm sure he wouldn't re-record it now.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

So much comedy gold in just one post. 

Regarding the EP: not only is it the laziest EP they could've put together, on top of that, they're trying to triple dip on it to take as much money from fans as possible. The CD, 7" and now 12" variants all have slightly different tracklisings, which is them blatantly trying to take their hard core fans for money. 

Re: Slash & Duff coming back, you must not be very familiar with forum history. Not only have I said (for over a decade) that Slash & Duff would he back eventually, but I got destroyed for years because I had the nerve to say that. I was also the one who said for years that Slash & Duff would be the only ones to come back and that the general public wouldn't care as long as it was just Axl, Slash & Duff. People told me for years how wrong I was, yet here we are. 

Re: a 3 hour show. Yes, doing nearly the exact same show every night where the band is on auto pilot and Axl never prepares his voice is doing the least possible work to still take in money. 

Re: being engaged with the band, wrong again. I've made it clear for roughly 5 years now that the community on this forum is the only reason I stick around the forums. The friends I've made around the world through the forums matter far more to me than the commercial/corporate bore than GN'R has turned themselves into. 

Well see, there you go.  You look at GNR as a comedy and we really are having a good time.  Don't have to be bummed out over things beyond your control.

Yeah I don't pay that close attention to forum history.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

Well see, there you go.  You look at GNR as a comedy and we really are having a good time.  Don't have to be bummed out over things beyond your control.

Yeah I don't pay that close attention to forum history.

Oh, I definitely look at the whole GN'R organization as a comedy act, so I'm glad we can agree there lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Oh my god as it was released is awesome. We don't need an already released song taking up release space now lol.. 

Although Axl has been working on it for years so wouldn't surprise me if it does end up coming out. 

The mix was so poor which i could never understand, was it supposed to be like that? Even a rough mix shouldn't sound like that, the drums turned down and muffled. Very strange. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The mix was so poor which i could never understand, was it supposed to be like that? Even a rough mix shouldn't sound like that, the drums turned down and muffled. Very strange. 

I think the mix fits the song honestly. Maybe if I heard a cleaned up version I'd change my mind but I like the crunchy muffled sound. Axl did say it was rushed for release but it was clearly made to sound like that imo. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think the mix fits the song honestly. Maybe if I heard a cleaned up version I'd change my mind but I like the crunchy muffled sound. Axl did say it was rushed for release but it was clearly made to sound like that imo. 

I always think its a shame it has the extra 2 guitarists on, would have been nice to hear just Paul hammering out the power chords and Robin on lead. 

I genuinely don't think I've ever read anyone say the mix on OMG was very good before, or that it was "awesome" in its released state.  It really does take all kinds, I guess, eh? :lol:

Kind of a cool Rob Zombie-ish song for the time, very much of its time, but, It was a rudimentary pro tools hack job, with jarring and obvious overdubs and edits all over the place.  Navarro sounds like he recorded his solo on a plane flight and e-mailed over an .MP3, which, if it was over 10MB in those days, would have likely been over limit.  LOL

Come to think of it, that's not at all unlike how I might describe Absurd.  Kinda sad, when you think about it, especially as it's over two decades later.

Also, I think calling it a demo was a way to hedge bets, in case the reaction was timid, which, it was; went over like a wet fart at the time (after a ton of initial hype).

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 2

I've definitely seen others say that the mix of omg fits the vibe of the song. I don't really ever think about songs being a "pro tools hack job". That seems to be a thing unique to rock fans lol. Most songs are done in pro tools and have been for years. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I've definitely seen others say that the mix of omg fits the vibe of the song. I don't really ever think about songs being a "pro tools hack job". That seems to be a thing unique to rock fans lol. All songs are done in pro tools and have been for years. 

No kidding...I didn't expect them to record it on a Studer deck with 15 IPS tape.  I meant hack job, as in, not done very well. LOL

It's a sloppy mix and edit, just like Absurd.

Edited by oneway23

23 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think Slash and Duff will sleaze it up, although Axl publicly said Duff showed no interest in the song when it was presented to him at the time so it's kinda sad that it looks like Duff has caved in and worked on it.

If he does work on it it's probably because he wants to. I see it the same way as Slash in that being older stuff like this becomes less important. 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, Jw224 said:

I'll never understand people saying they want old, already released music re released from this band presented as new material. 

Same.  

In the thread, what's your holy grail - some of the answers are baffling.

You can literally pick any scenario you want - i.e. your 'holy grail' could be them releasing a box set of every single thing they worked on 96-2006.

Someone answered 'include Sailing on the setlist again'.

A few said House of Blues show in slightly better quality.

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Never understood the love for Oh My God. Can't imagine Slash or Duff turn this into something good.

Impossible really.  Whatever guitar and bass they add, it's still gonna be the same average song.