Slash, Myles, and pals Album 4 Thread

ZoSoRose

Ehhh, not much of an official update, here's what Myles said about what's going from his end in an interview with Ultimate-Guitar.

Interview: I know it's probably too early to ask, but are there any plans to do something new with Slash?

Myles: "Well, you know, it's something that's - I think everybody's just asking themselves how long is this COVID pandemic gonna take. [Laughs]

"I think that the goal is to try and do something in the future, but everybody's just in a kind of holding pattern, so it's just 'wait and see.'"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/myles_kennedy_looks_back_on_fans_bashing_him_for_singing_gnr_songs_with_slash_shares_opinion_on_post_malone_singing_nirvana.html

Edited by Anguyen92

On 11/1/2020 at 4:27 PM, Anguyen92 said:

Ehhh, not much of an official update, here's what Myles said about what's going from his end in an interview with Ultimate-Guitar.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/myles_kennedy_looks_back_on_fans_bashing_him_for_singing_gnr_songs_with_slash_shares_opinion_on_post_malone_singing_nirvana.html

Well he hasn't gotten together with Slash yet so

On 11/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Well he hasn't gotten together with Slash yet so

dont they write alot of stuff and then send it to each other over email?  I could have sworn I read that somewhere but maybe I'm wrong.  but they could theoretically make an album without seeing eachother in person.  not sure if that's a great approach to writing and recording, but I'm not a musician so what do I know.

Edited by Chester 524

9 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

dont they write alot of stuff and then send it to each other over email?  I could have sworn I read that somewhere but maybe I'm wrong.  but they could theoretically make an album without seeing eachother in person.  not sure if that's a great approach to writing and recording, but I'm not a musician so what do I know.

Slash and the others will come up with the instrumental parts then he'll send the rough arrangement to Myles so he can do lyrics, then when they're all together they'll finalize the arrangement/melodies etc. Regarding this album, Myles has been busy with his own recording so I don't think he's started working on any SMKC stuff yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

He was busy with solo stuff yet he recorded brand new song with Alter Bridge... 

Well, Myles drove all the way from Spokane, WA to Orlando, FL to record his next solo album with Elvis.  Everyone else in AB resides in the Orlando area.  I'm sure they were all thinking on what the heck they are going to do for 2020 since they can't tour and thought listening to their soundboards to compile a live EP and record a new song while Myles is in Orlando is a good approach.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 3 months later...

I think we all knew the next Slash album would come before the GNR one. I think I even said it when he was gearing up to release Living the dream... although, It doesn't take a mystic to make that prediction. 

Hopefully this Slash record is better than the last, which is better than I initially thought... but still a bit throwaway.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

RIP Guns N Roses

Yes... but also no. Look, if Axl says "Time" Slash and every member will come running. Obviously when there's tours involved, or that initial promotional push upon the release of his solo album, there's very little that can be done to navigate around those things. However, Slash won't be out for 18 months with SMKC even if touring was allowed, he enjoys and loves playing with SMKC but they are not bringing the money like GNR, it's not even remotely close... So, Slash will come home when he's called. He toured Living the dream in the in-between moments of NITL, he has the work ethic to get it done. 

I think this just means that GNR and new music 13+yrs since CD, 5yrs since the reunion is still not an upmost priority. GNR are 1000% going to continue and tour. I don't think they believe that they've slipped a beat. I think they still think that they are as big as they were 2016-2018, but reality will come back around again even if Covid buys them a little time... as in, people will definitely go to see gnr on tour after covid clears up, but that euphoria will only last a few months, and then they'll be back where they were at the start of 2020. It doesn't actually have to be a new album, but GNR in 2021/2022 need some sort of adrenaline shot to keep the masses attention... for me, I love the band, but I'm not into blind worship, they have fuck all albums and that's the only thing I care about. I want new music. I couldn't care less if GNR ever played another concert, but I do care if they release music... in fact I wish they'd just be a studio band😄

I was watching the Daft Punk retirement video (check it out if you haven't already), and I couldn't help but think "GNR should do this".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I was watching the Daft Punk retirement video (check it out if you haven't already), and I couldn't help but think "GNR should do this".

I would be ok with that.

Even though SMKC doesn't bring the money like GnR he would do a longer tour with them if he knew that he would be free for that time. 18 months or however long. At the same time he knows when it's been long enough and time to start working on the next record. He's not going to do an endless tour of the same exact thing like GnR has.

• Like 1