07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Not saying that you shouldn't be pissed off. Indeed, I was there on Friday and, knowing that a show of  three hours plus is the norm, I felt a little bit short changed too.

But looking at the bigger picture, I'd still say that a 2 and a half hour set is good value. 

We had a similar situation at Wembley Arena in 2006, when the set was cut to about 90 minutes, and they got Sebastian Bach out to finish the set (whilst Axl was offstage being ill). 

It was more close to 1hr30 than 2hrs once jams and intervals are taken into consideration

Edited by kanecrescente

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Axl sounds really good with his lower register voice in these songs.  He can still really sing in that voice.  Nightrain, Civil war, SCOM all sound fucking excellent.

I really hope this pushes him forward to start singing in a lower register more often.  Maybe save the high voice for Jungle, Reckless Life, Shadow and songs like that.  

Underwood also sounded awesome in the encore.  Really cool moment for her I'm sure

I agree with this 100% I had low expectations coming to the gig

axl singing lower register sounded great the band are fucking unreal 

everyone I could see was losing their minds because the gig was so good

The standing area the seated area everyone 

Still  a fucking amazing band so happy I went

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

Just saying I was in Prague 2022 show and this show was like a different band different Axl. In Prague Axl was in good mood, telling jokes, telling the crowd how amazing they were etc smiling having good confidence and deputing SOD etc.

Now we got delays, tense and angry Axl, skipping songs, short setlists, low voice and he felt totally embarassed.. talking to intercom all the time looking to Fernando side of stage.. seemingly angry and upset.

Im sorry forum people but the shows were not so enjoyable in London. Yes it was something different but if you have waited for 3 years and this is what you get.. no November rain, ycbm, rq etc. 

All in all I still had a great time! It was interesting to see the show live and there was this momentum is he going to make it till the end and Im glad he did with a little help from Carrie Underwood. People were literally crying before SCOM that they didnt get SCOM or November rain. When SCOM started the whole arena exploded!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

It was more close to 1hr30 than 2hrs once jams and intervals are taken into consideration

By the same token - if you take away the jams and intervals (which have been a fixture of GnR shows since the 90s) from the 2022 band's regular set, then the length of a regular show is about 2.5 hours. 

• Like 1

By the same token - if you take away the jams and intervals (which have been a fixture of GnR shows since the 90s) from the 2022 band's regular set, then the length of a regular show is about 2.5 hours. 

It was an 18 song setlist versus a near 40 song setlist on other recent occasions. Stop trying to justify being ripped off. 

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

It was an 18 song setlist versus a near 40 song setlist on other recent occasions. Stop trying to justify being ripped off. 

It was never a 40 song setlist, this leg only one or two shows hit the 30 song mark, so let's not exaggerate. But you're right, it was a rip off compared to a normal, let's say 27 song setlist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

Like I said before, I felt a little bit short changed on Friday by the shorter overall set. And the sound issues were inexcusable (surely someone in the crew must have noticed the lack of guitar in the PA mix?) 

Bigger picture though - Axl is prone to  illness, just like any other human. Especially a sixty year old who is spending a lot of time on planes. These things sometimes happen, and when they do there is a decision to be made - go ahead with a compromised show or re-schedule.

Like I said before, I felt a little bit short changed on Friday by the shorter overall set. And the sound issues were inexcusable (surely someone in the crew must have noticed the lack of guitar in the PA mix?) 

Bigger picture though - Axl is prone to  illness, just like any other human. Especially a sixty year old who is spending a lot of time on planes. These things sometimes happen, and when they do there is a decision to be made - go ahead with a compromised show or re-schedule.

Or perhaps take due care and diligence to ensure you give your high paying native-speaking consumers a show worth the money spent and time waited. Axl's had vocal issues for 30 years. Fuck, there was a time not long ago when no matter how much Mickey Mouse wanted to show up, they'd always put on a long show

11 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

It was never a 40 song setlist, this leg only one or two shows hit the 30 song mark, so let's not exaggerate. But you're right, it was a rip off compared to a normal, let's say 27 song setlist.

No of course, but this is the first European tour in 4 years, following a (questionable) pandemic, surely the whole point of these shows were to make up for the constant rescheduling and bullshit of the past years. It was a very 2-dimensional, autopilot navigated 2 nights I'm afraid

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Or perhaps take due care and diligence to ensure you give your high paying native-speaking consumers a show worth the money spent and time waited. Axl's had vocal issues for 30 years. Fuck, there was a time not long ago when no matter how much Mickey Mouse wanted to show up, they'd always put on a long show

"High paying native-speaking" consumers.

Sad, I'm not part of that class. So it's ok if I pay high for a low quality show 'cause at the end of the day I'm not a 'native speaking'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

If he was struggling like he was during the shorter set (NR sounded lousy to me, and it's was noticeable how much Carrie had to, um, carry him during PC), just imagine how badly he would have struggled by the end of a three hour plus set. 

And sometimes, all the care and due diligence in the world can't prevent you from getting a throat infection (I assume that's what the issue is).

6 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

But the problem this time was not just the "Mickey" voice. It was that he couldn't sing high at all, even with that voice.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

"High paying native-speaking" consumers.

Sad, I'm not part of that class. So it's ok if I pay high for a low quality show 'cause at the end of the day I'm not a 'native speaking'

For the record, I mean no ill will towards foreign GNR fans, we are all the same. UK is Slash's home, as well as their mother tongue, so you'd think perhaps there'd be something special about the shows, not something even more scaled down.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But the problem this time was not just the "Mickey" voice. It was that he couldn't sing high at all, even with that voice.

I loved the low voice he did for the rest of the show, there was no reaaon why other songs could've adopted that style. Fuck, they could've pulled out Bad Obsession if they wanted to please the die hards.

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Axl clearly had a throat issue, even his speaking voice sounded rough towards the end where he was singing more in the lower register. If its vocally gone, it wouldn't matter if he trained vocally for centuries you ain't getting round it without changing up the songs somewhat.

No amount of preperation can solve that issue of becoming ill and being unable to use the upper register at all and with age he is sadly going to become more prone to this type of thing and perhaps more prone to losing it totally (it has been gradually weakening and reducing in range somewhat over the last 5 years afterall, IE putting more effort to get the same results as before) 

I also suspect they had to finish by a certain time, given both shows ended around 10.15pm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Another reason as to why Spurs are fucking shit

It's an open air stadium in a residential area - I suppose that Spurs are subject to a very strict noise curfew from the local council from the local council for live music. If Axl would have tried to keep going past curfew like the old days, they would have almost certianly cut the power (negotiating an overrun with the venue might not have been an option). 

But yeah - 1015 does feel a little too early to finish. I think Wembley Stadium's  curfew is 1030 these days (alas, Ed Sheeran had that place booked this weekend. Boo! HIss!)

My view on Spurs Stadium 

Super easy to get to M25 J25 3mile from there its 1 straight Rd towards central London pass Nando thru traffic lights straight Rd all way then its another set of lights WITH A SIGN WHITE HART LANE on your left hand side follow this Rd all the way this Rd is also where the parking lots are.

Loads loads of parking from £20 to £30 ALL DAY i paid £30 it was well manned with spot lights would park there again.

Loads of places to eat Kebab shops small stores with food booze soft drinks.

Loads of bus stops all around the Stadium 

Costa coffee 

Way way better than expected 100% recommended for concerts 

Axl came on 8.15pm 

Carrie Underwood was AMAZING 

Slash is the main man he blew me away 

BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE ULRA FIT LADIES IN THE VIP SECTION Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii oi oi

BIG SHOUT TO EVERYONE stuck in the 2hr crash @ LHR on M4 i got home 415am when i should have been home by 2am

How can i upload pics from my phone got some OK pics ???

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1