07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

This voice really works for some songs. He truly does sound more like Axl Rose on Nightrain and Civil War. It'd be cool if he could find a middle ground between this and his usual style.

I'm pretty sure we will see no change going forward, as much as we're all foaming at the mouth for SOMETHING to change. He's likely just sick, stressed out too, had anxiety thinking he couldn't perform (remember it's been said Axl has extreme stage fright), and things will return to normal. Axl wouldn't sing the way he does usually (what we call Mickey) if he didn't think it was the best product he could offer the crowd.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Carrie's own headlining tour won't start until October which means that she is available for the upcoming dates

I wouldn't be at all surprised if her tags along for at least the Glasgow gig given Axl's voice is probably still going to be ropey (your not likely to totally recover vocally in a few days if there is a genuine problem).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, surforia said:

Sure would be ironic if Brian Johnson filled in for Axl on the rest of this tour!

Carrie Underwood would be the more obvious choice but I get your point 

Edited by Sosso

Slightly different topic. Wonder if Axl or any of the band are at the British GP today. Remember Axl was there in 06. He don't need his voice to enjoy that. Be a chance for him to chill down a bit a level out after what must have been a testing 2 nights 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Slightly different topic. Wonder if Axl or any of the band are at the British GP today. Remember Axl was there in 06. He don't need his voice to enjoy that. Be a chance for him to chill down a bit a level out after what must have been a testing 2 nights 

They might also go and see the Stones at Hyde Park tonight 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 1

I went with my mate and we had gold circle tickets.  We couldn't here any issues with the sound.

We loved Friday Night at Tottenham.  The only dissapointment was the amount of songs compared to previous shows.  He was really gutted about this but we both loved it.  We were wondering before going to the gig if Axl's voice would be ok as sometimes in the past it can go to high in places.  We didnt hear any issues with vocals and slash, duff and rest of the band were amazing on the night.  We both have seen them many times over the years and I thought Friday night was excellent overall.  My mate also went last night ( saturday ) and was really gutted that it was even shorter and they were even later on.  Missing songs like November Rain.  I was just pleased to hear guns n roses sounded as good as I always remembered!

I shot a few videos on my phone and shared with my friends and family and they all thought the sound was great even with a crappy phone.  You can see on youtube also the videos are nice and loud.  But I guess it must of been different from various places in the arena.  I have seen some youtube videos far back in the stands and they still said it was great sounding.  But a few of our mates were in other places in the arena and they said the sound was not so good.  But nothing wrong with Axl!

I am sure the band had their reasons for a short night and the delay.

I know a few people were not so happy about carrie underwood! I think because of her style of music.  My mate didnt like it.  But I thought she looked nice.  End of the band must think shes cool and its upto them who they play with.  It would of been shit if it was all the way through but was only on a couple of songs.

If not taking into account the low number on the set list I would give the night a 10/10 and can't wait to see them again!

15 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Imagine being this annoying

VID-20220703-WA0000.mp4_snapshot_00.04.035.jpg

VID-20220703-WA0000.mp4_snapshot_00.06.058.jpg

Who are you calling annoying? This reaction from Axl wasn't directed toward Meegan. Axl had just thrown his mic. off to the side of the stage and was clearly gesturing to someone in sound.

Meegan is a great follow on Instagram for any Slash/GNR fans. She posts a ton of cool content in her stories.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

After £700 on tickets in total and a 3 year wait, people have every right to be pissed off, myself included. Rose tinted lenses can only give you so much joy, a severely shortened set on both nights following almost 4 total hours of delays leads you to question what we could've got for that money in that time.

And what would you suggest for an alternative? There were three options. Cancel the show altogether, lip sync (like so many artists do, using "vocal issues" as an excuse to "give the people what they want"), or power through the show. I demand a live experience for my money. Not a band pretending to play and sing. A lot of people who were at the show yesterday said they had a fun time regardless of the issue. That's what's important. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Just now, GnR Chris said:

And what would you suggest for an alternative? There were three options. Cancel the show altogether, lip sync (like so many artists do, using "vocal issues" as an excuse to "give the people what they want), or power through the show. I demand a live experience for my money. Not a band pretending to play and sing. A lot of people who were at the show yesterday said they had a fun time regardless of the issue. That's what's important. 

But you only got 2,5 hours of live music!!?

• Haha 1