07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

For the record, I mean no ill will towards foreign GNR fans, we are all the same. UK is Slash's home, as well as their mother tongue, so you'd think perhaps there'd be something special about the shows, not something even more scaled down.

So, because they're playing in a country where people share the same native language as them, they have to do something special? What the hell are you talking about?

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Hopefully GNR take that approach too

So they can please you, a native English speaker, who expects them to do something special because their native language is English too? Nah.

• Like 1

Just now, EvanG said:

So they can please you, a native English speaker, who expects them to do something special because their native language is English too? Nah.

Oh for fucks sakes stop twisting what I said. I'm pissed off over a 19 song set, stop turning this into some lefty accusation bollocks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A shorter setlist with a priority on lower-register songs and reworking the staples to fit his lower register is exactly what I’ve been saying they should do for some time now. Nightrain and Civil War sounded good.

EDIT: Having Melissa there also helps. Wouldn’t mind her filling a similar role to Carrie for SCOM/PC encores going forward.

Why does the set have to be shorter? If he just uses his voice a bit better (e.g. no pointless LALD screams) and sings some stuff in a lower register and include other songs that use the lower register, they can still do the long sets. I really don't think a long set of lots of lower register songs will do a fraction of the damage of a long set of normal Axl singing.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Nothing to do with politics as far as I'm concerned. You made several comments in here about them having to do something special because they're playing in a country where English is the main language, and I find that absurd.

And you're a pussy full of maggots, next.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Oh for fucks sakes stop twisting what I said. I'm pissed off over a 19 song set, stop turning this into some lefty accusation bollocks

it seems like it couldn't be avoided cause Axl said how important these 2 shows were for Gn'R so I believe he did everything he could to give you the best show possible but sometimes, despite genuine effort, you can't deliver cause you're physically unable to do it. I think he started this show thinking he had enough range/power in his voice to deliver and it failed him.

surely you can understand that sometimes no one is to blame.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it seems like it couldn't be avoided cause Axl said how important these 2 shows were for Gn'R so I believe he did everything he could to give you the best show possible but sometimes, despite genuine effort, you can't deliver cause you're physically unable to do it. I think he started this show thinking he had enough range in his voice to deliver and it failed him.

surely you can understand that sometimes no one is to blame.

Granted, though the blame then shifts to the stadium for billing a 6:45 start.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A shorter setlist with a priority on lower-register songs and reworking the staples to fit his lower register is exactly what I’ve been saying they should do for some time now. Nightrain and Civil War sounded good.

EDIT: Having Melissa there also helps. Wouldn’t mind her filling a similar role to Carrie for SCOM/PC encores going forward.

This. Let Melissa do it. She sings really good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1