07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

I am curious, I know a few people here mentioned Axl talking on stage about having some vocal issues, does anyone know what he all said regarding that?   Apologies if it was stated prior, this thread has gotten lengthy and maybe I just didn't see it at a quick glance lol

Edited by WhazUp

15 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am curious, I know a few people here mentioned Axl talking on stage about having some vocal issues, does anyone know what he all said regarding that?   Apologies if it was stated prior, this thread has gotten lengthy and maybe I just didn't see it at a quick glance lol

As transcribed by Soulmonster:

Axl: "Okay, so as you can probably tell, I'm having a few issues [pointing to throat], but these shows are really important to us [?], I slept here last night to make sure...so I'll be switching the songs around a little bit vocally, I hope you don't mind. We would like to keep going".

In the [?] part it sounded like something about looking it up (with a doctor?) but I'm not quite sure.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Wouldn’t surprise me if Carrie Underwood ended up recording with the band on a new song, given how big a fan she is. Or perhaps Axl duetting with her on one of her songs, though I think she just released a new album. Or maybe recording something for charity that gives GN’R an opportunity to cross over into the country genre?

She’s likable (and has great legs). She and Axl have a good thing going.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Let's be honest, the sleeping in the stadium comment was most likely sarcasm – it certainly sounded like it! 😂

As if he'd actually sleep in a football stadium 🤣

Kanye West recorded one of his albums in a stadium

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Let's be honest, the sleeping in the stadium comment was most likely sarcasm – it certainly sounded like it! 😂

I don’t know, Kanye slept in the Mercedes-Benz Stadium for weeks

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Kanye West recorded one of his albums in a stadium

Posted a minute apart, lol. Maybe Axl was doing some recording!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't think I saw anyone in this thread mention the comments Axl made after singing Chinese Democracy. Was something like "You know that Xi [Jinping] guy broke the deal... You fuckers should take [Hong Kong] back!... Not that I wanna get political or anything..." :P

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Carburetta said:

On the business of sleeping in the stadium , from my vantage point of being beside the stage, I was able to see what looked to be hammocks beneath it.

I saw those too on the way out of the golden circle section, what a brilliant story if he actually slept in those!

26 minutes ago, Amir said:

Don't think I saw anyone in this thread mention the comments Axl made after singing Chinese Democracy. Was something like "You know that Xi [Jinping] guy broke the deal... You fuckers should take [Hong Kong] back!... Not that I wanna get political or anything..." :P

Hong Kong Democracy starts now 🔥

31 minutes ago, Amir said:

yeah he began it by “so Hong Kong…” and ended it by something like “free the Chinese people”. I don’t remember (or didn’t hear) the not wanting to get political bit.

15 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

yeah he began it by “so Hong Kong…” and ended it by something like “free the Chinese people”. I don’t remember (or didn’t hear) the not wanting to get political bit.

Yeah the “not wanting to get political” joke was right at the end. I usually can’t understand a word Axl says between songs, including on Friday night, but ironically on Saturday night it was all very clear to me :P 

12 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yeah the “not wanting to get political” joke was right at the end. I usually can’t understand a word Axl says between songs, including on Friday night, but ironically on Saturday night it was all very clear to me :P 

Saturday was clear because he wasn’t speaking in his Mickey voice ;) 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

OK, transcribing now:

'So... Hong Kong... You see that shit Xi's selling, about how they now have a chance for "true" democracy? Why don't you fuckers take that place back? C'mon... He broke the deal... England should just take Hong Kong back! Free the Chinese!... So, we're not political here... I was just filling space :P '

Should note it wasn't angry in tone, more lighthearted and jokey. The video may or may not be out there :ph34r:

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

OK, transcribing now:

'So... Hong Kong... You see that shit Xi's selling, about how they now have a chance for "true" democracy? Why don't you fuckers take that place back? C'mon... He broke the deal... England should just take Hong Kong back! Free the Chinese!... So, we're not political here... I was just filling space :P '

Should note it wasn't angry in tone, more lighthearted and jokey. The video may or may not be out there :ph34r:

Oh Axl :lol:

I wonder if he has read anything about the Opium Wars...

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Amir said:

OK, transcribing now:

:facepalm:

26 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Great You're Crazy! Love the low voice

Paradise city sounds great too! 

If you just let it run in the background that You're Crazy could be imagined to just be from any of 88-93. It's incredible what a difference it makes. Lots of guys sing using their speaking voice like Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger, which is how they can keep going so long. Axl should stick with this and only occasionally reach for high notes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Kanye West rented out and slept in the Atlanta Falcons (American football) stadium for like a full month last year while finishing recording his album Donda. So it's not out of the realm of possibility Axl would sleep in the stadium for one night.

Edited by OTHAFA
  • Like 1

Axl sounded good using his lower voice. Absolutely keep it, it sounds strong and most of all healthy. Healthy is better than forced damage. It's not 1992 anymore, and it doesn't have to be.

"Times change, and so must I . . . but that's okay, you've got to keep moving, just so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

~The 11th Doctor

• Like 3