07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Seems like the end of the road for Mickey. He has to adapt to this low voice or hang it up. Looking forward to hearing the videos in a bit though, ive wanted this approach for years.

I think it will just require Axl to be a bit smarter with song choice/placement and picking which songs to use the higher register.

Listening to his spoken voice it did sound very fragile which suggests he has some issue going on, though he trooped through it.

Civil war sounded decent enough from what I've heard.

I just hope that the trap of hearing one show like this and going "Axl is finished his voice is gone GNR is dead" is kept to a minimum :lol:

Don't get me wrong I have been hard on Axl at times the past few years however this show is so dramatically different that I at least at this point in time see no reason to believe it was just some circumstance like a cold or something like that.  Let's see how the upcoming shows play out first IMO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Completely with you - Dublin was an absolute blast.

Edit: AXL/DC was by far the best Axl show I’ve ever seen - genuinely mesmerising, but Dublin was brill!

Man i would have loving to See Axl/Dc so no arguements here. Glad you enjoyed Dublin too....hopefully not the last time we see them this side. F the Axl voice haters :slash:

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Gotta say I'm a fan of the new voice, so much nicer than Mickey

I just clicked through a bunch of songs and I didn't hear any new voice.. He actually sounded pretty good but, he seemed to sing them all the same as he usually does.  Where there any songs in specific you were referring to?

•  

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

....or this was just a one-off because of some throat issues and having to play back-to-back shows? Haha, how ridiculous of me, of course this was the evening when Axl's voice changed for good. It's not like Axl hasn't had voice problems before in his career resulting in cancelled shows and abruptly ended tours. 

Almost certainly, however his voice isn't going to get any better as he gets older, I wonder whether Axl will now think about changing his approach for at least some songs. 

It's not the end of Axls old voice, but I wouldn't wouldn't shocked if he starts to mix in lower vocals I some songs which come out weakly in his head voice these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Seems like the end of the road for Mickey. He has to adapt to this low voice or hang it up. Looking forward to hearing the videos in a bit though, ive wanted this approach for years.

I'll never give up, and I Will Not Go Quietly!

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I just clicked through a bunch of songs and I didn't hear any new voice.. He actually sounded pretty good but, he seemed to sing them all the same as he usually does.  Where there any songs in specific you were referring to?

•  

Anything past Estranged was sang in low voice, no mickey at all.

Totally different sounding songs on the usually higher stuff but most worked ok

Everything about these London shows was just weird, from the organization yesterday to the short setlist to the different vocal approach. Idk how to feel about those shows… after Dublin I was really hyped and prepared to have two great nights with long setlists and maybe some deepcuts so I’m a bit disappointed but on the other hand I’m glad that Axl powered through tonight and sounded good in his natural voice 

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Anything past Estranged was sang in low voice, no mickey at all.

Totally different sounding songs on the usually higher stuff but most worked ok

gotcha. I think the videos I saw are from yesterday's show.  Haven't heard it yet but I think singing songs liek that is a great idea!

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

gotcha. I think the videos I saw are from yesterday's show.  Haven't heard it yet but I think singing songs liek that is a great idea!

You can find some of the videos by videos of the Facebook links posted earlier in the thread.

Nightrain sounded a bit weird but I liked it better than Mickey

31 minutes ago, Litti said:

Worst show ever. Fact

Whats wrong with him, lost his bottle?

LMAO

There was an entire thread on here, of people saying that he should change approach of his singing and start sing lower.

Now that he did that apparently it was the worst show ever!

I’ve only heard a few clips yet but it sounds kinda cool and definitely not worse than his falsetto vocals.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

You can find some of the videos by videos of the Facebook links posted earlier in the thread.

Nightrain sounded a bit weird but I liked it better than Mickey

Anything sounds better than Mickey. I just watched a Nightrain and it was awesome.. The crowd was as loud as Axl in the video though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah it doesn't sound too bad, and as others have said it's no worse than pure mickey in many ways  its trading range for power.

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

•  

most songs after Estranged were an improvement

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

....or this was just a one-off because of some throat issues and having to play back-to-back shows? Haha, how ridiculous of me, of course this was the evening when Axl's voice changed for good. It's not like Axl hasn't had voice problems before in his career resulting in cancelled shows and abruptly ended tours. 

This is it, the day when Axl Rose completely lost his high voice. Theres no return. But its ok, he sounds better this new way, the way he always should have. Well, f'n finally.

• Haha 3

Axl has a history of meeting women that mess up his vocals. Lisa Marie in 2006, Lana Del whatever in 2010, and Carrie Underwood this year. These women are dangerous! Jk just wanted to add to the drama. The truth seems to be Axl has been in need of vocal surgery since 2017-2018, but has elected not to. No worries. But think of it like Tiger Woods playing golf now days. Sometimes you’re going to see a version that is reminiscent of his younger self and sometimes you’re going to see an injured old man fighting his way through a round. Axl is going to have good and bad days. The bad days will be more pronounced with his age. I’m looking forward to hearing some videos from tonight. See how different it was.

• Like 2