Hard Skool Officially Released at Midnight - Sept 24

1 minute ago, McCoyGNR said:

Anyone else call the phone number on the locker? It’s a dating hotline 🤣

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I was going to but I can’t read the last 4 digits. Just looks like chicken scratch.

This sounds like a case for mygnrCSI! 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I had similar thoughts, give it a few spins, it's not as whacky as the demo, but it's a good rocker. Once you get the demo out of your ears.

True, it's a good rocker.  But the good parts from the original gave me high hopes that a reworked version would improve everything that was wrong with the original and to me that just isn't the case.  It's not bad, I just don't think it lives up to it's potential.  

Hope this isn't the case for Atlas Shrugged.  There is so much potential in that song, especially the first minute of the song.  Hopefully they can improve the rest of it.  

20 some years ago, this was probably a somewhat cohesive, decent tune. Now, it is an unlistenable, jumbled mess. It has one of the worst "pulses" I've heard. Congrats to Frank (?) for besting Sorum and playing the worst drum take on any Guns song ever. Very sad state of affairs. Vocals are a few decades old (at least the majority), as most of us know. I've defended Axl up and down for many a year, but it's clear the guy cannot lead a band successfully. What a horrible nightmare this band turned out to be. I am astonishingly indifferent to them at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Can we get it without the school bell? I never liked school bells in school and dislike them even more in my Guns N' Roses songs.

You’re in luck!

The CD single will include the following:

1. Hard Skool (Album Version)

2. Hard Skool (No Skool Bell Short Edit)

3. Hard Skool (Village Demo Drums Up 1DB)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bumfarce said:

20 some years ago, this was probably a somewhat cohesive, decent tune. Now, it is an unlistenable, jumbled mess. It has one of the worst "pulses" I've heard. Congrats to Frank (?) for besting Sorum and playing the worst drum take on any Guns song ever. Very sad state of affairs. Vocals are a few decades old (at least the majority), as most of us know. I've defended Axl up and down for many a year, but it's clear the guy cannot lead a band successfully. What a horrible nightmare this band turned out to be. I am astonishingly indifferent to them at this point. 

This song is awesome. I don't know how anyone can like GN'R and complain about "Hard Skool."

• Like 1

Just now, kozydogg said:

True, it's a good rocker.  But the good parts from the original gave me high hopes that a reworked version would improve everything that was wrong with the original and to me that just isn't the case.  It's not bad, I just don't think it lives up to it's potential.  

Hope this isn't the case for Atlas Shrugged.  There is so much potential in that song, especially the first minute of the song.  Hopefully they can improve the rest of it.  

The demo was a lot more emotional, some really great guitar work. I was disappointed on first listen of the new version, but it's grown on me. And to be fair, we were never supposed to hear that demo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

This song is awesome. I don't know how anyone can like GN'R and complain about "Hard Skool."

As big a fan as they come, which is why I don't enjoy anything about them at this point. They have NOTHING in common with the band I fell in love with. As unfeeling as it gets. 

Edited by bumfarce
  • Like 1