Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

3 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Your welcome. Considering I've never been sick, tested, had a shot or wear masks and I'm still alive. Yet those who are vaccinated claim to be getting sick. I'm pretty sure the Vax is supposed to prevent you from getting Covid otherwise it's not a Vax! You Lame-o's can continue hiding in your house or walking around like zombies with your face covered, even when you are by yourself. I'll never do it. If I thought my life was in danger, I'd do something about it, but it's not so Life goes on.

*you're 

Also.....arent you still the guy who told all of us that Trump was definitely going to win the election? 

4 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I'm pretty sure the Vax is supposed to prevent you from getting Covid otherwise it's not a Vax!

Actually, the primary clinical trial endpoint wasn't whether people caught the virus or not, but whether people vaccinated would fare better than people unvaccinated. So in other words, the vaccines weren't specifically tested for their ability to prevent infection, but on their ability to prevent disease.

Looking at how vaccines work, by inducing an immune system to create antibodies against a virus, it is also clear that vaccines won't necessarily prevent infections, but make your body better equipped to fight an infection after it has taken place. So it won't stop viruses from entering your body, it will fight these viruses propagating in your body. Some vaccines cause immune systems that entirely wipe out viruses before they get to do much propagation at all, some only to the extent that the amount of viruses are reduced. For the Covid-19 mRNA vaccines, it is clear that people who are vaccinated can still get infected and develop disease (although less likely than if you are unvaccinated), they can still develop severe symptoms and death (although much less likely), and hence they can also spread the disease to others (although again less likely). 

• Like 1

So Bojo brings back restrictions in England from nx week with 2 new cases of this new strain 

Also regardless of your vaccine status we know have to self isolate if we come in to contact with this new strain.

Edited by Gavin82

On 11/27/2021 at 3:02 PM, Gavin82 said:

So Bojo brings back restrictions in England from nx week with 2 new cases of this new strain 

Also regardless of your vaccine status we know have to self isolate if we come in to contact with this new strain.

This virus always seems to mutate and come out ahead of us all. the doctors aren't sure if this variant will be worse and if the vaccines will work against it.

Many people are bitching about the countries cancelling any flights from Africa. making it a race thing again. OMG! Will this ever end?

Looks like 2022 might not be so great again and I think we all need to continue wearing a mask and not get together with too many people over the holidays.

A lot of the Dallas Cowboy players are out with covid. I think opening the stadium to full capacity might have been a big mistake.

Think these places need to scale back again.

1 hour ago, Sisyphus said:

What a shocking turn of events. I died laughing when one of the leading Italian scientists Rino Rappuoli said: "In a year we will see if there will be a need for a fourth or fifth."

Who could've seen that coming? :awesomeface:

Why is this such a major point to you? Did someone claim one shot of vaccine would be sufficient? Are you not aware we develop new flu vaccines every year? 

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why is this such a major point to you? Did someone claim one shot of vaccine would be sufficient? Are you not aware we develop new flu vaccines every year? 

Will four be sufficient? Will five? Six? The impromtu magical potion unfortunately did not deliver.

It has been heavily insinuated that a couple of shots will restore normality. Didn't happen. Countries with either high or low vaccination rate are reinstating covid restrictions. If the death toll was marginal, there'd be no need for that. 

16 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Will four be sufficient? Will five? Six? The impromtu magical potion unfortunately did not deliver.

I wouldn't be surprised if we would have to take an annual vaccine. Just as for the flu.

Nothing magical about vaccines, and we know that for some viral diseases the evolution rate means we will have to continuously develop new vaccines.

19 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

It has been heavily insinuated that a couple of shots will restore normality. Didn't happen. Countries with either high or low vaccination rate are reinstating covid restrictions. If the death toll was marginal, there'd be no need for that. 

Yeah, I am still not going to comment on what your media has told you :lol:

As for vaccine restrictions, there is no denying that the general trend is that the higher the vaccination update, the less deaths; and that the less deaths one have, the less restrictions are needed. 

I honestly have no idea why these things seem to be so mysterious to you. 

2 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

What a shocking turn of events. I died laughing when one of the leading Italian scientists Rino Rappuoli said: "In a year we will see if there will be a need for a fourth or fifth."

Who could've seen that coming? :awesomeface:

Yeah, it’s hilarious. :facepalm:

Regeneron, the antibody drug they gave Trump last year, loses potency against Omicron:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/regeneron-loses-potency-against-omicron-super-mutant-early-tests-show?ref=home

Question for @SoulMonster - Moderna has stated it will take several months to reformulate and test (I’m assuming at the lab level) their vaccine for covid. Do you know off hand whether they have to do the same human trials (in terms of scale and scope) as with their first vaccine?  I think human trials last six to eight months before distribution. Do you think we are looking at another 10-12 months out from a new vaccine or will the window be smaller considering the vaccine isn’t completely new and a deviation of the current vaccine(s)?

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Regeneron, the antibody drug they gave Trump last year, loses potency against Omicron:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/regeneron-loses-potency-against-omicron-super-mutant-early-tests-show?ref=home

Question for @SoulMonster - Moderna has stated it will take several months to reformulate and test (I’m assuming at the lab level) their vaccine for covid. Do you know off hand whether they have to do the same human trials (in terms of scale and scope) as with their first vaccine?  I think human trials last six to eight months before distribution. Do you think we are looking at another 10-12 months out from a new vaccine or will the window be smaller considering the vaccine isn’t completely new and a deviation of the current vaccine(s)?

Unless they get dispensation, reformulating a drug usually requires starting from scratch when it comes to clinical trials. I said "usually" because it comes down to the extent of changes that needs to be done and whether such changes could affect side affect profile. 

• Thanks 1

I wish everybody could just relax about omicron. Nobody knows anything yet, and if we're going to speculate this early on it seems like people infected with the omicron is less likely to get seriously ill than the ones infected with delta.

If we're going to be ignorant, why choose the pessimistic rather than the optimistic route? It doesn't help. 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Eric disagrees…

Haha, of course! What a twat.

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Nobody knows anything yet

That's not quite true.

We know that it's a highly mutated strain, with many of the mutations in the spike protein.

We know that the rise in cases in South Africa outstrips anywhere else currently.

It's been reported that ten percent of those hospitalized in South African with Covid-19 are two and younger.

We know that the makers of Regeneron, the anti-viral medication used to treat previous variants, has announced that Omicron makes it the drug less effective.

I'm not saying we should jump to conclusions, but it's also worth preparing ourselves for the possibility based on the preliminary reports that Omicron could reset the current trajectory.  It's not exactly comforting when the CEO of Moderna expressed his concerns that the current vaccines will not prove as effective against omicron (something he didn't do with Delta).  

Still lots to know and learn, but it's not completely true that we're utterly ignorant about what we're seeing already.  

On 11/24/2021 at 5:17 PM, SoulMonster said:

I think the rest of the world would appreciate facts that show that the vaccines don't work. Why not tell the rest of the forum and not specifically me, then?

If you wanted to know, you would know! All the information is available to anyone who wants it. I guess I don't have to tell you that place is not MSNBC.

13 minutes ago, LAGuns87 said:

If you wanted to know, you would know! All the information is available to anyone who wants it. I guess I don't have to tell you that place is not MSNBC.

If you are not able to back up your claims, can you at least point me to someone who can instead of vaguely claiming the information is out there?

I don't watch US TV. 

9 minutes ago, LAGuns87 said:

And to all the people that are saying "trust the experts!", why do you think doctors and nurses are quitting in droves instead of submitting to the jab? They're all just Alex Jones subscribers? Well maybe they are now...

I haven't heard of any doctor who would rather quit the job than get vaccinated. Seems like a symptom of a flawed medical education. 

Edited by SoulMonster

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If you are not able to back up your claims, can you at least point me to someone who can instead of vaguely claiming the information is out there?

I don't watch US TV. 

I haven't heard of any doctor who would rather quit the job than get vaccinated. Seems like a symptom of a flawed medical education. 

Try Alex Berenson's substack. Just put it in a search engine.

No? Let's say you are a doctor. For years you have been treating patients with ivermectin and querctin. Then the government comes and says you have to stop that else lose your license, and that from now on you shall only prescribe remesdesvir which is very expensive, very lethal and has practically no medicinal effect. Patients come to you, people you know. You know what kind of medicine will probably save their lives but instead you are forced to give them something that will almost certainly lead to their deaths instead.

Who uses ivermectin and querctin? India, Japan, Africa. Do they have Covid? Nope. While over here in the vaccinated west people have never been sicker. The truth is literally staring you in the face.