Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

On 11/7/2021 at 1:40 AM, marlingrl03 said:

Oh yeah, we still have a bunch of unvaxxed people in our hospitals and people in their 20's dying from it. Ffs. You don't need to die in your 20's from Covid....just get vaxxed. Damn. 

Hey, Freedom comes with a price and death is the ultimate Freedom.

And you get these fools who had covid and said they were fine they didn't need to be vaxxed but someone in a hospital is dying because of them

On 11/7/2021 at 1:40 AM, marlingrl03 said:

Oh yeah, we still have a bunch of unvaxxed people in our hospitals and people in their 20's dying from it. Ffs. You don't need to die in your 20's from Covid....just get vaxxed. Damn. 

So true. I don't understand all the problems with getting this vaccine. Vaccines save lives and stop diseases, so why won't some people get vaccinated? I just don't understand.

I got a mammagram today and everyone wore a mask and I was asked all the covid sympthoms again and they took my temp. Every woman complied without a problem.

I really don't understand medical people not getting vaccinated and civil workers like police and firemen not getting vaccinated. You can get others sick and get sick yourself.

Do I have to ask them if they are vaccinated incase they have to save my life?

The covid virus is still alive and well and many countries around the world haven't gotten ahold of it yet. We need to step and think about others as well as ourselves or we are all doomed.

My youngest daughter got it now. Typical progression, very little symptoms. Good stuff. I am on a business trip, but my wife and older daughter are testing negative. Fascinating how you can live with someone who has it, and not get it. Probably wouldn't matter any way, my wife is vaccinated and my other daughter in also young. Cut my trip short anyway. 

• Sad 4

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

My youngest daughter got it now. Typical progression, very little symptoms. Good stuff. I am on a business trip, but my wife and older daughter are testing negative. Fascinating how you can live with someone who has it, and not get it. Probably wouldn't matter any way, my wife is vaccinated and my other daughter in also young. Cut my trip short anyway. 

my dad also contracted it. Mild symptoms for a week or so. (he was already vaccinated at the time) I wish for a speedy recovery for your daughter. This shit sucks.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery. Sucks that now your family has to be isolated. Super inconvenient....

On 11/10/2021 at 3:08 AM, SoulMonster said:

Oh my goodness. I do hope your daughter will be okay soon.

Tons more kids in the US are getting covid too. I'm waiting for word from my doctor to get my daughter her first covid shot. I'm on edge until she's protected.

I hope your wife and other child stay well as well as you too.

Saw the world news last night and Colorado is very bad. Most of the ICUs are full of covid patients again. I really thought once there was a vaccine, we'd be looking at the end of it. Guess not. I'm worried because with lots of people traveling for the holidays, this could spread all over agian.

Bill Mahr said he heard 80% of Deer have covid.  Not sure how these poor animals got it, but I hope they'll be okay. Maybe this will stop the hunting since you don't want to eat a deer that has covid.

Anyway, still waiting to hear from my doctor about my booster and my daughter's vaccine. if I don't hear by Monday, I will take her and myself to Walmart. They have the vaccines already. With the holidays coming and my daughter goes to her dad's family, I worry. Not sure if his family members are vaccinated. So tired of worrying.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

My youngest daughter is officially finished with covid-19 now and today my wife took her to the mall. Her symptoms were mild malaise, a bit headache and a little bit of coughing. Like a mild cold. Funny how no one else in our family got it. Granted, the vaccination protected my wife and I at least, and with such mild symptoms she probable wasn't very infectious. 

Still boggles the mind to ponder that this was a completely new disease about two years ago, yet here we are, vaccinated and safe (at least for now). Science, bitch. 

I have to disagree with you there....so I work with young children and we just had a mini Covid outbreak. Some of the children had NO symptoms at all and others mild, yet still spread like crazy..8 children total got Covid and a teacher who was vaxxed and masked. So children can absolutely be contagious despite lessened symptoms. But glad to hear your daughter is feeling better! Can't wait till 0 to 5 year olds can be vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I have to disagree with you there....so I work with young children and we just had a mini Covid outbreak. Some of the children had NO symptoms at all and others mild, yet still spread like crazy..8 children total got Covid and a teacher who was vaxxed and masked. So children can absolutely be contagious despite lessened symptoms. But glad to hear your daughter is feeling better! Can't wait till 0 to 5 year olds can be vaccinated.

Never said children can't be contagious despite lessened symptoms. Of course they can, their noses are full of virus and thus immediately our house is full of viruses, too :lol: Still, I am certain there is a correlation between severity of symptoms (in particular sneezing and coughing) and how contagious one is. 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, EvanG said:

Lockdown in Austria only for those who aren't vaccinated.

And imagine this. Police will be patrolling the streets, checking people's documents to determine whether their medical status allows them to go for a walk. For your safety. It's a "free" world we live in. Where does it end? But certain people continue to support this opression. 

So how's the vaccine working out? As far as I can see many counties with a high vaccination rate have revived the covid restrictions. Records are being set. Keep on believing.

Edited by Sisyphus

1 hour ago, Sisyphus said:

Open the fucking floodgates. 

Focus on vulnerable groups exclusively.

Increase hospital and ICU capacities.

Leave the children alone!!!

Stop with the intimidation and media sewage. 

Opening the floodgates is really only sensible when a sufficient amount of people have been vaccinated. We have done it here in Norway, though, and it seems to work. If it is done in countries with low vaccination coverage, we sacrifice people and risk having our healthcare systems collapse.

The annoying thing is that to protect the vulnerable groups, everybody else have to do stuff: like getting vaccinated and wearing face masks.

Yes, we should probably increase hospital and ICU capacities. or at least have modular systems that allow us to rapidly increase capacities in times of need. The bottle neck is likely on trained professionals, we can't really educate an excess of nurses and doctors to help us with the rare occasions of pandemics. 

There is no reason to assume the vaccines aren't safe for children, too. So in some countries, with low vaccination coverage, it might be necessary to start vaccination children too. If all the adults had gotten vaccinated, though, that might not be necessary.

I don't see any intimidation or media sewage in my country, fortunately.

3 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

And imagine this. Police will be patrolling the streets, checking people's documents to determine whether their medical status allows them to go for a walk.

I'm not sure how they can ever check that anyway. Unvaccinated are still allowed to go to essential shops and work, so when the police pull you over then you tell them you are going to one of those places surely?

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Opening the floodgates is really only sensible when a sufficient amount of people have been vaccinated. We have done it here in Norway, though, and it seems to work. If it is done in countries with low vaccination coverage, we sacrifice people and risk having our healthcare systems collapse.

It doesn't work here at the moment. But of course we can't compare countries. Norway is about 8 times bigger than the Netherlands, yet there are 12 million people more living in the Netherlands. I guess we can duke it out tonight during the match, huh?!

Edited by EvanG

3 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

And imagine this. Police will be patrolling the streets, checking people's documents to determine whether their medical status allows them to go for a walk. For your safety. It's a "free" world we live in. Where does it end? But certain people continue to support this opression. 

So how's the vaccine working out? As far as I can see many counties with a high vaccination rate have revived the covid restrictions. Records are being set. Keep on believing.

Again with the lack of freedom. Your freedom is already restricted in various ways because you live in a society with laws. You can already not walk everywhere, drive everywhere, do anything you might want. There are lots of restrictions already so stop pretending like suddenly your freedom has been taken away from you. Temporary restrictions on movement due to a pandemic doesn't change anything. 

"Oppression"? Really :lol: 

The vaccine is working, obviously. People who are vaccinated have much less change of getting infected and if they do, they suffer much less symptoms hence are less likely to have to be hospitalized or dying. But unfortunately it doesn't give you 100% protection and unfortunately its effect tapers off over time. When you in addition have countries where 30-50% of the population is not fully vaccinated, restrictions may be needed.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, downzy said:

Had my cousin’s husband played with fully vaccinated teammates and opponents he would more likely not have caught the virus and hence wouldn’t be brain dead.

I'm sorry for you and your family's loss, but loosely blaming the unvaccinated person... I could just as easily say it was the cousin's husband's fault for not social distancing, and engaging in a close contact sport during a pandemic. 

Like the person earlier complaining about a lack of masks at a Kiss concert, while they are at a fucking concert.

Edited by Sweersa

6 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

They lost all hope when they largely lost their firearms rights years ago. Death by a thousand cuts.