Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

"I'm only here", because I feel the other side of the argument has it's rights too

certainly, now that the vaccine seems increasingly ineffective

the numbers, who are not good, are clear to see. they are increasing across the board. it is a reason for worrying.

Hopefully, we should know about the covid vaccine for kids under 12.

Talk is some people might need another booster. My mom's arm can't take anymore lol

I know President Biden is in Europe and hopefully make a plan to get people there vaccinated soon too.

Holidays are coming up and it would be nice for family and friends to get together and be vaccinated and safe.

And about “natural immunity” versus protection provided by the vaccines:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/study-shows-covid-vaccine-is-better-than-natural-immunity?ref=home

The concept of “natural immunity” has been a rallying cry for anti-vaxxers—but a new study released by the CDC shows that the vaccine is more protective than a previous coronavirus infection. In fact, those who did not get vaccinated but had recently contracted the virus were five times more likely to be reinfected than people who had not been infected before they got the shot. “The data demonstrate that vaccination can provide a higher, more robust, and more consistent level of immunity to protect people from hospitalization for COVID-19 than infection alone for at least 6 months,” the CDC said.

I do hope President Biden can ship the vaccines to the rest of the world, because we all need to get herd immunity for everyone to be safe.  We've seen how fast this virus traveled from China to the US and all around the world, so we need to get these vaccines to as many people as we can.

If some people don't want the vaccine, at least hopefully the many people who get vaccinated will be well. Damn the others who don't want it.

Who knows? Maybe they will be okay. You just don't know how well someone's immune system can be. Let's hope we don't lose many more people to this virus.

We've lost too many people already and once the vaccine for kids comes around, I will get my daughter vaccinated asap.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:28 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know President Biden is in Europe and hopefully make a plan to get people there vaccinated soon too.

Surely, you're talking about eastern europe? The vaccination rate in the countries in the west and north of europe is pretty spectacular.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:17 AM, SoulMonster said:

The idea that we should choose to infect ourselves with Covid-19 because the natural immunity we then develop is better protection against Covid-19 than vaccination, is as moronic as it gets.

Yup. People that believe this are dumber than dirt

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yup. People that believe this are dumber than dirt

I don't understand some things. Some doctors say if you get covid you build up an immunity, but there have been people who have gotten covid and didn't get the vaccine and then got covid again.

I know there are 3 or more variants of the flu and one year I got both A and a few months later B, and I was vaccinated, so I guess nothing is guaranteed.

But I would still get the covid vacccine even if I got covid already. With the different variants, you can still get this virus.

3 hours ago, downzy said:

New study out of South Korea that shows a strong association with mask wearing and lower covid-19 transmission:

It seems most Asian nations wear masks most of the time. I still wear my mask. it helps avoid allergies and sinus infections too since Texas has major allergents all the time. I don't mind wearing a mask. I have to many pretty masks, I'm just so used to wearing one now.

My brother's friend is in from Cali. He's a traveling nurse. He was in Stockton for a few months.

Anyway, he told me they still had some unvaccinated people coming in with covid and in the ICU. He also told me that some of the nurses who work on covid patients in the ICU still weren't vaccinated. WTF? Aren't they scared they might get covid from these patients?

I just don't get it. Anyway, after the holidays he'll decide to go to another out of state hospital.

5 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

The US has to hurry up and ship out those vaccines to the rest of the world. Covid is still alive and well and won't slow down unless most of the world is fully vaccinated.

And in February, the winter olympics will open in Bejing China.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:59 AM, downzy said:

New study out of South Korea that shows a strong association with mask wearing and lower covid-19 transmission:

Unfortunately this study deals with KF80 and KF94 masks rather than the bullshit masks that are most commonplace in the U.S. (and maybe the west in general?)

2 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Unfortunately this study deals with KF80 and KF94 masks rather than the bullshit masks that are most commonplace in the U.S. (and maybe the west in general?)

Yeah, good point. It’s a shame stronger messaging wasn’t pushed earlier this year with respect to upgrading one’s mask. I’ve been wearing KN95 masks since February when it became clear that cloth masks weren’t as effective as initially hoped.