Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Brilliant :D

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

So you're saying you're pro-abortion?

Clearly, I was saying Liberals/Democrats are hypocrites. You can't say I can choose to abort a life but cannot choose to decline a vaccine. But you knew that, I think you're just playing dumb.

Edited by 31illusions

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Why not? An abortion only affects a woman (and her fetus), not being vaccinated affects the rest of society. 

And many unvaccinated pregnant women have gotten covid and died.  I don't like when women use abortions as a form of birth control, but maybe if more schools taught birth control and sex education more poorer women can make other choices.

The law in Texas is so damn wrong and I do hope the Supreme court overrules it.  So many stupid laws are being made in Texas, I don't understand the mentality of some people?

On 10/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anyway, I'm trying to stay safe and keep my daughter safe and not dwell too much on covid anymore. 

Good for you! Everybody should follow your example. There's no point in dwelling on it, even though I know its hard not to, especially since it is a virus that has been politicized, which is crazy in itself.

• Like 1

My mom and dad got their covid moderna booster shots. My dad felt achy the next day, but my mom was okay.

Now I'm hoping the CDC approves the vaccine for kids 12 and under, so I can get my child vaccinated.

On 10/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, Homefuck said:

Good for you! Everybody should follow your example. There's no point in dwelling on it, even though I know its hard not to, especially since it is a virus that has been politicized, which is crazy in itself.

Thanks for the kind words. yeah, we all have a great doctor and he tells us like it is and we do what we need to do to keep ourselves well as well as others.

I have a concert tonight in Dallas to see Asking Alexandria and I have to show proof of vaccination or a negative covid test. Luckily I'm fully vaccinated and it makes me feel safe that everyone else in the venue will have to be well too.

Wow! I went to see Asking Alexandria in concert last and we had to show our covid vaccine card and wear a mask to get it. Once inside most people took their masks off, but at least we all knew they were either vaccinated or had a negative covid test.

This venue is smaller than the stadium venues, so not sure if Dallas would do this for them. I know Mark Cuban is requiring all fans to be vaccinated if they see the Mavericks, and they play in American Airlines venue which seats over 20,000 people so maybe the venues in Dallas are taking a strong stance on people being vaccinated to view concerts and sports.

also heard on the news that the vaccine for kids under 12 will be a smaller dose given with smaller needles and the shots will be 3 weeks apart. Hopefullly, they will be approved by November.

I think they are going to partly bring back some restrictions here too, but I wish the government would act faster because we need them now when you look at how fast the numbers are rising, and not next week or whenever they are planning to bring them back.

food for thought:

lockdowns don't work

washing hands with alcohol dont work

masks made of toilet paper dont work

vaccines dont work

retardphone apps don't work

violating our constitutional rights don't work

nothing works, because it's all man-made, inadequate reaction.

=> as evidenced by all time high infection rates across the board, in every country that has implemented them

but it's not all bad. eventually, mankind will build up enough natural immunity, and then covid sars-3-COV or whatever it is called, will be like seasonal flu

18 MILLION people died during the spanish flu, and it went away eventually, without all those petty measures

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more concerned about the waiting lists in the hospitals and that patients with non-covid related issues have to postpone their operations yet again because the ICs are flooding with (mostly unvaccinated) covid patients again. If few restrictions are going to prevent that, then I'm all for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, action said:

food for thought:

lockdowns don't work

washing hands with alcohol dont work

masks made of toilet paper dont work

vaccines dont work

retardphone apps don't work

violating our constitutional rights don't work

nothing works, because it's all man-made, inadequate reaction.

=> as evidenced by all time high infection rates across the board, in every country that has implemented them

but it's not all bad. eventually, mankind will build up enough natural immunity, and then covid sars-3-COV or whatever it is called, will be like seasonal flu

18 MILLION people died during the spanish flu, and it went away eventually, without all those petty measures

Actually; vaccines apparently do work. But yeah, there's some evidence that masks does work, but I can see why people are skeptical, the studies aren't exactly convincing.

Since it seems that the virus is airborne and alcohol is a poor sanitizer for viruses I can also see your point there.

The worst part of this pandemic (besides the obvious, that People are dying) are the lockdowns. Apparently they don't work and they are also a measure that only takes the virus in consideration when the effect of lockdowns hits almost all other aspects of society HARD. 

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm more concerned about the waiting lists in the hospitals and that patients with non-covid related issues have to postpone their operations yet again because the ICs are flooding with (mostly unvaccinated) covid patients again. If few restrictions are going to prevent that, then I'm all for it.

that is a very genuine concern, which is a concern that existed long before covid

long waiting lists in hospitals are a historic issue. lack of beds also.

they can not take the 30 or so extra covid patients in IC, because hospitals were full to begin with.

5 hours ago, action said:

that is a very genuine concern, which is a concern that existed long before covid

long waiting lists in hospitals are a historic issue. lack of beds also.

they can not take the 30 or so extra covid patients in IC, because hospitals were full to begin with.

I think you're missing the point. Right now covid is still a problem mainly because of many unvaccinated people. Last year hospitals here had to transfer people to other hospitals, even to hospitals across the border to Germany, because hospitals here couldn't handle it. I don't know about elsewhere, but I don't believe that has ever happened here before. Now with most of the restrictions gone since last month, the pressure is starting to rise again in the hospitals, especially in regions where a lot of people haven't been vaccinated. So if bringing back a few restrictions will help for now, then I'm okay with that. You clearly aren't, and that's your opinion, so let's leave it at that.

if vaccinations work, then why are there more infected people today, then when nobody was vaccinated?

if vaccinations work, then why aren't two jabs enough?

either the vaccine works, and then two jabs are enough, or the vaccine does not work but then a third vaccine won't work either

if the vaccine works, then why do we still need to wear mouth masks and wash hands? Wouldn't it be expected from a working vaccine, that all of that can be a thing of the past?

it is all a load of BS; THE VACCINE DOES NOT WORK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, action said:

it is all a load of BS; THE VACCINE DOES NOT WORK

IT WORKS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.  it's hard to comprehend cause it's some next level science magic and critical thinking is necessary for you to not go off on some conspiracy theory tangent in your head. Most of the bullshit is what you think you know when there are people who dedicate their lives to make sure we have more tools to survive and know much more than you and me will ever will. Understanding this one little piece of information can go a long way imo.

I think of it like a war in the middle ages. How can you increase your chances of survival when there are real threats and about 5 million people have died and you have no armor? the guilt that comes with the high probability of infecting other people should be enough for you to do the right thing for you and your surroundings but sadly, it's not.

anyway, got my booster shot. Pain in my arm for a day but otherwise, it's fine. This pandemic highlighted a lot of what is wrong and ugly with society and also the most admirable qualities as well. Mostly it made me realize ignorance is more dangerous than I initially thought it was and it's super resilient too!

Okay, he's so obviously trolling now. He doesn't even keep up with what he said before. On the previous page he says that in most cases the vaccine works and now he is saying in caps that the vaccine doesn't work. He really wants certain people on this forum to react, but they're rightly ignoring him.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, action said:

in belgium, more than half of the people in hospitals, are people that got their vaccines

I don't know how much more obvious it can be, that they just dont work

74% of the Belgian population are fully vaccinated. What’s your point? 

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

74% of the Belgian population are fully vaccinated. What’s your point? 

the point is, that the experts have told us that the vaccine protected against heavy symptoms and needing to go to hospital

so now we have:

- you can still get infected with covid

- you can still infect other people

- you can still get very sick and being admitted to hospital

- you can still die

the point is therefore, that either the experts lied, or are just stupid

24 minutes ago, action said:

the point is, that the experts have told us that the vaccine protected against heavy symptoms and needing to go to hospital

so now we have:

- you can still die

But little children aren't vaccinated yet, everything will be better once they are!

1 hour ago, action said:

so now we have:

- you can still die

The point is you’re crap at sums. 

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

Okay, he's so obviously trolling now. He doesn't even keep up with what he said before. On the previous page he says that in most cases the vaccine works and now he is saying in caps that the vaccine doesn't work. He really wants certain people on this forum to react, but they're rightly ignoring him.

He's only here to impress the deplorables, because that somehow brings value to his life. 

Better to just ignore.  

• Like 1