Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

29 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think claiming one country is hoarding test kits is particularly funny in these circumstances. 

I give you the ''source'' in fairness. If you want to ''empirically means test it'' (and other pompous language) by watching hours of Piers Morgan doing his dinger on British breakfast chat, you now know where to look. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Meanwhile, everyday I check the news and no good news. They say another month or two, I say longer than that. It's not just about America. The whole worlds needs to get well. We all are one planet and we are all connected in one way or another. I'm grateful to come on this message board and talk to all of you. It helps for a bit.

Yeah. And at least here you can talk without cunts getting all emotional and blocking you because you said something she don't want to hear and because clearly doesn't have a clue.

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Regarding mouth masks, the WHO is now considering whether to recommend it for everybody. If so it is reasonable that many countries would follow suit.

imagine following the WHO from the beginning, like some all-knowing, infallible entitiy, you didn't wear masks because of their advice, and now you read "hmmm, we'll think about it for a while"

what. a. joke.

either mouth masks help or not.

have the physics of nature suddenly changed, that they need to reconsider their stance?

that the WHO, in all their knowledge, can not decidde on wether people should wear mouth masks or not, shows their incompetence.

At the end of the day, it's just a filter you attach to your face. It could and should have been thoroughly tested by now, if these protect against viruses. Then, give an informed advice to the general public.

all of this, does not affect me however since I've pretty much ignored the WHO anyway. their indecision at display here, shows me right

Edited by action

2 minutes ago, action said:

imagine following the WHO from the beginning, like some all-knowing, infallible entitiy, you didn't wear masks because of their advice, and now you read "hmmm, we'll think about it for a while"

what. a. joke.

either mouth masks help or not.

have the physics of nature suddenly changed, that they need to reconsider their stance?

that the WHO, in all their knowledge, can not decidde on wether people should wear mouth masks or not, shows their incompetence.

At the end of the day, it's just a filter you attach to your face. It could and should have been thoroughly tested by now, if these protect against viruses. Then, give an informed advice to the general public.

all of this, does not affect me however since I've pretty much ignored the WHO anyway. their indecision at display here, shows me right

Yes, I thought Soul was arguing with you about them being useless?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

Does anyone consider the WHO to be infallible?

That being said, if they decided to recommend wearing masks, I hope they do it based on empirical evidence. So far I have seen noe violence that would support such a decision. Secondly, an argument could be made that in early stages of an epidemic the benefits of wearing masks are lower than in later stages when more people are infected without knowing it. 

We'll see what they conclude with. 

Begs the question which rock band would it take to convince me to wear one of these stupid objects? The 'Oo is impressive but I think it would have to be either Hendrix Exp or Stones for me and Jimi is dead. Mick and Keef: accept no other substitute. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, action said:

It could and should have been thoroughly tested by now, if these protect against viruses. 

Hmm? Of course they function as barriers to viruses. That's why health people use them. That is why the current recommendations from the WHO is that everybody who is infected should wear them and that everybody who are working in close contact with infected people (like health personnel), should wear them, too. That has never been the question.

The question is, will we reduce the number of infected if everybody uses them? And so far the conclusion has been, no, it won't. It probably sounds counter-intuitive to you, but I have been through it quite a few times already (people don't replace them enough, it makes people touch their faces more often, there is a limited number of masks, people don't wear them correctly).

55 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Regarding mouth masks, the WHO is now considering whether to recommend it for everybody. If so it is reasonable that many countries would follow suit.

That's a problem, because we won't have nearly enough for everyone. I guess I'll just stay in for as long as I possibly can.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

This chap's,

_111510370_060683565.jpg

Looks like a cock box haha, what cricketers use to protect their bollocks,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBjseD7GH5TVbfnUrxZpI

That's because it is. That's Purple Aki in the picture and he's nicked it out of some little white boy's gymbag. :lol: 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's a problem, because we won't have nearly enough for everyone. I guess I'll just stay in for as long as I possibly can.

The WHO may actually recommend homemade-masks when going out (!). 

But yeah, good times for manufacturers of face masks.