Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

14 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Is this $1,200 a one off payment or is it monthly for the duration of the crisis? 

1200 one time in addition to 4 months of bolstered unemployment ($600 each week, I believe, on top of what your state would normally give you, which is about 40-50% of your income)

Edited by Jakey Styley

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Is this $1,200 a one off payment or is it monthly for the duration of the crisis? 

They'll be back at it in 25 days to pass another $2+ trillion package to float the economy for the month of May.

So basically, buy gold.  The money supply is about to go bananas.  

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Move to the Hebrides.

_111534563_optimised-uk_la_map_2apr-nc.p

I'm in South East Wales right in that nasty sweet spot in the middle of those three big red blobs. A 700 zone no less.

Now that live sports have stopped it wouldn't be a bad idea for bookies to open this up as a betting line. 

2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

US intelligence just released a report on that. I don’t trust them(China). Yes the US didn’t handle it well but I simply just don’t belive that there are no new cases in China. We are a long long long way off from a vaccine. I am lucky to still be a college 

One of my friends and 2  of my cousins have it. I am now checking my body very carefully  because I saw one of them not to long ago 

Hope your cousins and friend get better soon and your are ok.No doubt a terrible time for everyone 

when I did research on my ancestors, from the period 1634-1650, I found that my ancestor used to live in a town that would be completely depopulated, five years after he left there. Curiously, only the pastor survived.

I think to those people it was really the end of the world. imagine being a pastor and seeing your entire town depopulated, and you're the only one left. What would have gone on in that man's head?

Over a million around the world have the virus and that's just the ones who get tested.

If you are not showing signs of the virus no testing done. But they are saying we can have it without signs. This scares me the most. Texas is allergy season now. I take an allergy pill as soon as I feel any symptoms. It's making me crazy.

A lot of FDNY and PNY are sick in NYC. 

Everyone keeps saying the end of April will be much worse. How much worse can it get?

Now the news is saying China lied about the virus and how many people got sick and died.

North Korea says they don't have any cases. yeah, you know what they are doing to the people who they think are sick. They won't and can't deal with it the medical way.

So much outbreak, it amazes that so many of us are still okay. I hope we all stay that way.

Stay inside and stay well.

Yeah, the US thought it was too far away for us to get this virus. Goes to show you how small the world really is.

I don't think any country was ready for something like this to happen. I'm sure China wanted to keep it a secret and thinking they could contain it. Boy everyone was so wrong!

The governor of Iowa still hasn't issued a shelter in place order despite heavy pressure from counties, congress and other states. She claims we already have the equivalent of it by only having essential businesses open :facepalm:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

18 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Over a million around the world have the virus and that's just the ones who get tested.

If you are not showing signs of the virus no testing done. But they are saying we can have it without signs. This scares me the most. Texas is allergy season now. I take an allergy pill as soon as I feel any symptoms. It's making me crazy.

A lot of FDNY and PNY are sick in NYC. 

Everyone keeps saying the end of April will be much worse. How much worse can it get?

Now the news is saying China lied about the virus and how many people got sick and died.

North Korea says they don't have any cases. yeah, you know what they are doing to the people who they think are sick. They won't and can't deal with it the medical way.

So much outbreak, it amazes that so many of us are still okay. I hope we all stay that way.

Stay inside and stay well.

Yeah, the US thought it was too far away for us to get this virus. Goes to show you how small the world really is.

I don't think any country was ready for something like this to happen. I'm sure China wanted to keep it a secret and thinking they could contain it. Boy everyone was so wrong!

It's nothing to be amazed for. Most infected don't have any symptoms. Of those who have some - most have very mild. But those with some health issues are in danger....

And it seems that some infected have strange symptoms - losing sense of smell for example...

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

On a more positive note I received an essential food parcel today. :lol: 

ptLNGMN.jpg 

I used to quite like the beef ones however I do not event want to contemplate what those little nobbly bits are, that I suppose are meant to be the beef! The green ones are probably the safer option. 

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Pot noodles are a bit like eating elastic bands in salted boiling water.

A mate of mine in school used to make one up and pour in a packet of hoola hoops. He said they were like croutons.

Classy as fuck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I used to quite like the beef ones however I do not event want to contemplate what those little nobbly bits are, that I suppose are meant to be the beef! The green ones are probably the safer option. 

Since they discontinued Vesta Beef Risotto these are a half decent substitute. :lol: 

Corona has reared it's ugly head in my family as well, as of yesterday my 15 year old nephew has been taken to hospital. This is a kid with no underlying health conditions, at the moment he is not in an icu and they expect him to recover but still...all the more reason to stay at home if possible 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, grouse said:

Corona has reared it's ugly head in my family as well, as of yesterday my 15 year old nephew has been taken to hospital. This is a kid with no underlying health conditions, at the moment he is not in an icu and they expect him to recover but still...all the more reason to stay at home if possible 

Sad to hear. And he has been tested and it is confirmed to be corona?

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sad to hear. And he has been tested and it is confirmed to be corona?

Yes he has been tested and it is confirmed to be corona, his family is now in quarantine. Ambulance workers came and picked him up and transported him to the hospital yesterday.