Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

2 minutes ago, grouse said:

Yes he has been tested and it is confirmed to be corona, his family is now in quarantine. Ambulance workers came and picked him up and transported him to the hospital yesterday.

Awful. I hope he'll recover soon and his family are okay!

This is an interesting one, I thought:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#the-growth-rate-of-covid-19-deaths

It's hard to compare how well or badly countries are doing, and because the way of counting deaths still varies (some only count deaths in hospital, some count also suspected covid-19, without official confirmation etc.), we will only grasp the severity of the pandemic after it's all done and we can actually compare number of deaths with other years.

But this table shows the growth in covid-deaths, so it should give us an accurate (or more accurate) view of how we're all doing at the moment. So for Italy the number doubles every nine days now, in Spain it's 6 and in the US it's every 3 days.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Cooking’s for women and queers! :lol: 

I have eaten remarkably well apart from a brief indulgence of (takeaway) fish and chips last night. I am frying-up some halloumi and serving it with salad or something or other later. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
Grammar

I think there's something wrong with me. I've just been watching a senior nurse on the Downing Street press conference talking about her colleagues dying and all I can focus on is her slight lisp. I've literally been sitting there watching for the last couple of minutes thinking about that episode of Only Fools and Horses with the club singer who can't pronounce his 'r's :lol: 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am fed up with all of these horrible ''celebrities'' with their webcams, demonstrating tips on ''coping with'' isolation with little exercise videos and so forth. Why don't they all just fuck off. 

They are doing what they've always done...to entertain and to draw attention to themselves. You can choose not to watch them. My friends and I are doing similar things—the only difference being, we're not public figures. I suppose we're held to different standards.

Having said that...I refuse to watch Gal Gadot's Imagine video.:lol:

Dallas extended it's shelter inside until May 24.

I'm sure they will announce schools are now closed until the end of this school year.  I feel so bad for the seniors who need to graduate and don't get a prom either. I don't know what the school members will decide?

I went to Walmart today. They had one entrance to go into the store. Carts were upside down telling you how to enter and stay 6 feet away from each other. Inside the store they had "stay 6 feet away" signs as you walked through the store. I have to say most of the people were doing that. There were a few people crowding around some items. I stayed away from them. Got paper towels, but no toilet paper, but I'm good. Plenty of water and other products. Alot of the ice cream was gone. It was stocked up last week. People need sugar to get through the day! lol I know I do

Some people had masks which annoyed me because so many medical doctor and nurses and EMT workers don't have any? WTF? I just kept putting hand santizer on my hands as I walked around the store.

Anyway, I know we all feel the same way and in a way it helps me cope. Take care and be safe and stay inside!

Enjoy a safe weekend.

Just now, Ratam said:

Christopher Cross is diagnosed with COVID.

Wow! That sucks. What scares me is where were they when they got infected? I swear I think if someone is infected and coughs or sneezes it stays in the air for a while. No one has said this but I think it could be true.

So sad to see all those trucks waiting for the dead patients to store. It sucks to get this virus and then to die and have to be contained in a truck until the morgues and funeral homes can get to you. I think that's the worse of all.

Stay safe and well.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am fed up with all of these horrible ''celebrities'' with their webcams, demonstrating tips on ''coping with'' isolation with little exercise videos and so forth. Why don't they all just fuck off. 

I can't stand the car commercials talking about hard times and we are here to help. WTF? Who the hell wants to buy a car right now? I mean come on!

The only commercials I totally love are Limu Emu and Doug. No matter how down I feel they make me smile.

I agree about the celebrities. Who cares what the hell you do? You are not losing your jobs or your money like many regular people are right now. 

Also my brother is a yoga instructor and he's streaming his classes for his students because he gets paid for that. And he needs the money.

I find it annoying when all of a sudden they are showing you their work out routines from home. Where the hell are you kids? Like Brook Burke. How many kids does she have that she can do yoga for an hour? lol Come on.

4 hours ago, soon said:

My bread making game is through the roof now! Baked the best bread of my life yesterday, and that was without a baking stone even :headbang:

I admire anyone who can bake!  I don't have that gene at all.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, lukepowell1988 said:

So my boss wants to put me of Furlough but I stil come to work he will pay me 20% and the goverment 80% shady fucker.

half tempted to grass him up 

My ex is on furlough for 2 weeks. He's not sure if he'll have a job after that. What is this furlough talk now? Never heard this used before unless you were in the army. Anyway, he pay was suspended for two weeks. I depend on him for our daughter's child support and he's married with other kids.

This just sucks all around. At least you're getting paid.

14 hours ago, grouse said:

Corona has reared it's ugly head in my family as well, as of yesterday my 15 year old nephew has been taken to hospital. This is a kid with no underlying health conditions, at the moment he is not in an icu and they expect him to recover but still...all the more reason to stay at home if possible 

Oh so sorry to hear this. I do hope he gets better. I will pray for you and your family.

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

Cooking’s for women and queers! :lol: 

Some of the best chefs in the world are men! 

I'm scared to admit I don't think anyone knows what the hell to do for this virus. 

I think China held the news back thinking they could contain it and cure their people. That cost them and the rest of the world valuable time in trying to prepare for this and stop it.

A vaccine is a long way away. I just hope and pray everytime I go out I will be okay and so will my family. I know we all feel the same way.

I'm tired of so called expert doctors, if we never have had this how can you be an expert?, telling us what horrible things are going to happen. How about saying how they are trying to make a vaccine or find a cure. I just want something positive, but we don't seem to get that. 

And yet the hospitals and doctors and nurses don't have what they need to take care of patients. What the hell is happening? That scares the shit out of me. Everyone's health care systems seem to show all the cracks in them and how will they get fixed?

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Where do you even see such videos? 

I think I saw a few on those shows like ET and Extra. Not sure because when I see them I start yelling at the tv. lol

At 6:30 here in Dallas they have the celebrity news shows. although now they are trying to be a real news show by taking about the virus but then talking to celebrities and asking what they're doing. Like that helps any of us!:max:

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I admire anyone who can bake!  I don't have that gene at all.

I struggled for years to learn to bake bread! It actually kinda made me sad about how bad I was :lol:. Ever since I found this channel, I can bake all sorts of breads. If you feel like trying this, I bet you will have good results too! Super easy, fast and no fancy equipment,

This recipe calls for either a skillet or pie pan to bake it. But others of his use a simple baking sheet or bread pans, dutch oven and baking stone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Where do you even see such videos? 

They're ubiquitous. Even Tyson Fury has one.

Incidentally, returning to that Germans monopoly thing, from a further morning news report on the subject it was stated that it was the chemical agent used to produce the kits which was bought up. You can thank me later.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're ubiquitous. Even Tyson Fury has one.

Incidentally, returning to that Germans monopoly thing, from a further morning news report on the subject it was stated that it was the chemical agent used to produce the kits which was bought up. You can thank me later.

The Germans make their own tests so they're not nicking them from anybody. Furthermore the reagents are widely available if we were to get our finger out and make our own too.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

The Germans make their own tests so they're not nicking them from anybody. Furthermore the reagents are widely available if we were to get our finger out and make our own too.

I am merely relaying this information to Soul who seemed interested in it. Don't shoot the messenger. 

• Like 1